Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Nerf Bars Plastic Removal

Oh I've got the Nerf Bars off the explorer, and the ends removed. Its completely disassembled except for the plastic step piece on top of the nerf tube. The version I have is a hollow oval shape with no openings on the bottom to get to any tabs of any sort to detach the plastic step piece.
  2. W

Nerf Bars Plastic Removal

Does anyone know how to remove the plastic steps on the Nerf bars. I got some rust I would like to clean up and repaint.
  3. W

Smell coolant

Make sure its not the radiator cap.
  4. W

Smell coolant

I had a leak in my radiator but it was evaporating and not leaving much under the vehicle. I smelled it every time i exited the vehicle. Replaced Radiator with a $40 used one from a local parts store I found on Ebay. And issue went away.
  5. W

Speedo not working..

My Speedometer went nuts once bouncing around and it turned out being the gear in the Transmission. I removed and oiled it then re installed and worked good. Maybe check that before pulling the cluster again. Make sure its not bound up or stripped.
  6. W

driving after ABS light comes on.

I have a 94 Ranger and my ABS light will come on if the Brake fluid gets low shortly followed by both ABS light and Emergency Brake light.
  7. W

AC Problem

Mine does this too. Mine is due to "Black Death" you can search the forum here and find more info. You will need to have the orifice tube checked and if it has black flakes all over it you'll be needing a system rebuild with all new parts. I'm waiting for tax money to do mine. You can have...
  8. W

96 explorer parting out

Items arrived yesterday. Very well packaged. Looks great and can't wait to install them.
  9. W

For Sale Cheap Miscellaneous Parts

Out of curiosity how much would it cost to ship the running boards to 29532?
  10. W

96 explorer parting out

Paid for an item this morning and kbabiak has already shipped it out with a scheduled delivery date of the 19th. I've gotten a couple items before these from kbabiak a month or two back. You can buy from him with confidence.
  11. W

Tom's '97 XLT registry

Great write up on the LED conversion. I'm in need of this and may just give it a shot. May also do the touching up on the grill too. Looks good on yours. Thanks.
  12. W

96 explorer parting out

Just need the brackets. Mounting hardware. Here is what i'm doing. I got nerf bars from a third gen which has a totally different mounting method. I need the brackets that are behind and under the rocker(correct term?) area so I can have a mounting point without doing to much modification...
  13. W

96 explorer parting out

running boards? Did this ex have running boards or nerf bars? I need the mounting brackets/bolts.
  14. W

Running Boards compatibility

Thank you sir.
  15. W

Running Boards compatibility

Will Running boards from a 4 door 1999 fit a 4 door 1997 Explorer?
  16. W

96 explorer parting out

Yes. Want both. bulb and ballast.
  17. W

96 explorer parting out

Does/did the rear third brake light work? If so how much for it shipped to 29532. Got a Power Lock actuator from you little while back. Worked great.
  18. W

timing belt broke

My 94 2.3 broke last year. Didn't harm a thing. Was a pain in the but to get timed back correctly. I still have a back fire every now and again. When you line up the arrows and get the belt on turn it over a couple times and recheck timing marks. I didn't the first time and had to go back...
  19. W

funny 4x4 sayings

Rock and a hard place just ahead Has my Vote.
  20. W

96 explorer parting out

Received the parts in the mail today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to install them this Saturday. Thanks.
  21. W

1997 OHV, Runs Great but has CEL P0174, P0171

Hope it doesn't return soon as I post this; but at moment CEL is off. I did not replace the 02 sensors. I did clean the MAF sensor. Will keep monitoring.
  22. W

Is this spring sag?

My 4x4 2nd gen leans. Do a search. The driver side springs need replacing, or swapped with the passenger side of another ex. And possibly the torsion twist on the driver side.
  23. W

how many miles on your ranger?

1994 2.3L 4cyl reg cab 250+k Orig engine and Transmission.
  24. W

96 explorer parting out

Money sent via Paypal. Thanks,
  25. W

96 explorer parting out

How much shipped to 29532 for the drivers door power window motor? And the passenger side rear door power lock actuator? And can you verify they work?
Back