Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

For Sale Parting out 91 4x4 Four door Red Ex in SW MO

Would you ship the Transmission to 02026?
  2. W

Wanted ABS Sensor protector

Hello, I am looking for a passenger side ABS sensor protector for a 93 4x4 explorer. If anyone knows where to get them new, that would be great too. Pic for reference.
  3. W

pitman arm removal

Thanks, I just found out by jacking it up and pulling the wheels off. The puller seemed to work a bit better. Hopefully I didnt mess the boot up earlier while futzing around trying to figure it out.
  4. W

pitman arm removal

When removing the pitman arm to replace a steering gear, do I need to remove from the steering linkage also, or can I just remove from the gear? I didn't want to use a pickle form on the steering linkage, cause I didn't want to jack up the boot. I have the HF puller listed at the top of this...
  5. W

A/C recharge

This video helped me learn a lot about my AC system...8 bucks at autozone http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/AutoZone-Servicing-A-C-system-DVD/_/N-25zk?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=a%2Fc&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=630677_0_0_
  6. W

Shift Cable Connection

It was easy, but getting the cable out of the bracket was a little tricky, seeing I didn't know how to do it. Now, I could do it in 5 mins. I don't have instructions, but the steps were Remove from the cable comming from the steering column. It pops out when pried off. (I didn't have to do...
  7. W

AC Manifold Gauge Set

Thanks BB The r-12 system is currently empty (though still oil in it), and I was going to repair it and use an r-12 substitute so I don't have to buy a new compressor. The hose from the comp -> condenser broke, so I figure I would replace that, the dryer and perhaps orifice tube. I have...
  8. W

AC Manifold Gauge Set

The HF one is for 134. I have a 93, so an r12 system. Can I use a 134 gauge set as long as I have r12 to r134 adapters on the ports, or is there something else different with the gauge set?
  9. W

gems2sell

Not sure if this will help
  10. W

refrigerant leak

Thanks! Also, I bought this for 8 bucks at auto zone http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/AutoZone-Servicing-A-C-system-DVD/_/N-25zk?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=a%2Fc&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=630677_0_0_ It gives a great overview of how the A/C system works, and how to...
  11. W

Just got my First Explorer.

LMC is good to see the parts diagram, and what each part is called, and the cost. You can then search online, or at least know what the exact name of the part is called so if you ask around, you will know what to ask for. You can download a pdf from LMC, or get a catalog from them. The...
  12. W

Just got my First Explorer.

You can always upgrade the stereo. As for the missing parts, I just discovered http://www.lmctruck.com/ and found a lot of what I need for my 93 . Oil changes my friend! Good luck!
  13. W

Virgin Here

Welcome....I've found people and the threads here very helpful. Glad I found this place!
  14. W

refrigerant leak

My ac filter blew, so I am replacing that. AC system noob here...is there a write up on replacing the O rings?
  15. W

Shift Cable Connection

I ended up buying a new cable from http://stores.ebay.com/tascaoemparts for about 80 bucks shipped. The whole process of swapping cables was about 30-45 mins, but now I could do it in about 5-10. the tricky part was detaching it from the mount near the trany....there are two tabs on the...
  16. W

Shift Cable Connection

Hey Yank... It's the shift cable joining point that broke, where the cable from the column and the cable from the trany meet. The cable on the trany has a little rod with a ball on it, and the lower shift cable clips over it. Here is a pic of the lower cable that keeps popping off...
  17. W

Shift Cable Connection

Bump Same thing happened to me today. Did you ever find a fix? I haven't spent too much time trying to fix it yet, but learned zip ties won't keep it on. I was thinking to drill a hole through the knob and the part on the lower cable then putting a thin bolt through them. This pic...
  18. W

How to: Ford Explorer - Ranger Radius Arm Bushing Repair

That's what was happening to me. It wasn't bad, and only was around 15 or so for the bushing. The HARD part was removing the 1 1/8 nut from the radius arm end. Be sure to soak that bad boy for days with PB blaster, and also be sure to have a cheater bar for your breaker bar. After...
  19. W

12pack of beer later

Awesome, although I liked this thread even before reading the content.
  20. W

Will any other bumpers fit a 93?

Will any other rear bumpers, say from newer Xs fit a 1st gen? Looking for a bumper, but if I could make my search larger it would be easier.
  21. W

stuck in 4wd

Should check motor first...easy to take off. See if it moves when you press the 4wd button.
  22. W

nice x

Blah. Explorers aren't meant to look like wanna be ghetto'd out excursions with 24 inch spinning rims. *the above views are the opinion of one willisan and not the views of this station or its affiliates
  23. W

New Explorer club in Massachusetts.

Hey, I am in Dedham Ma, and would be up for something I am stock 4x4 ( just fixed it) and would light to try some trails. I'm a total noob at it though... Some snow riding would be cool!
  24. W

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

Same here...I could use a set if anyone has access to one.
  25. W

Tie rod bolt spins when assembling

Turns out that the nut threads were jacked up. Got a new nut and it worked fine.
Back