Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Explorer 01 plastic trim

I live in Austin, TX. and I was told the same thing, that the paint would chip off within a year, and they wouldnt touch it either. I'll probably have to pay out the a$$ for someone to paint the grey cladding.
  2. X

97 sport lowering blocks?

I got mine from Belltech 2 inch angled.
  3. X

What the heck are torsion keys??

Thank you very much for everyones help on my question.
  4. X

What the heck are torsion keys??

I called this shop here in Austin "Star Customs" To see how much it would cost to lower my 01 sport. They told me that it would probably need torsion keys to lower the front and they didnt know if there is a lowering kit for it. I told them that all it needs is blocks for the rear and that...
  5. X

Auto Trans not shifting correctly from 2nd to 3rd

Well hell man....you got more of a response than I did for the same question I asked yesterday! haha! I have an 01 sport and mine is doing the exact same thing. Where it revs(slips) when going into third from second. And the blinking "o/d off" light. I took it to two shops yesterday morning...
  6. X

slipping and other wierd stuff

Thank you for your response. I'm taking it into a few shops to see what the damage is. I wanna see if they all say the same thing or I get different stories. This is why I've always hated automatics. When they go.....THEY GO. Its hard to find a reputable shop to trust they'll give you the right...
  7. X

Help with noise?

Have you tried checking out your wheel bearings. See if your tie-rod ends and control arm bushings are okay. Those are my guesses.
  8. X

Lowering headrest in back seat? Easier said than done apparently!

I have an 01 explorer sport too.. and the rear headrest are a mutha to get down. I had to bang on it pretty hard for it to go down. I feel ya on the "not raising them again". I tell people not to touch them if they are in back.
  9. X

slipping and other wierd stuff

I need help determining if this is mechanical or a computer problem. This all started out when I was driving and went to pass a car and the freakin X shifted down into a gear it shouldnt have. I think it was second gear. Well the tach rapped out to bout 6k as I let go of the gas so nothing...
  10. X

underdrive pullies???

Does anyone know if they make uderdrive pullies for a 4.0 SOHC?
  11. X

New '01 sport... black

Hey Jeff, I'm from ATX too. Welcome to the board man. I have an 01 sport myself that I plan on doing a little work on.
  12. X

deep dish bullits

They have two different offsets. One is +22mm and the other is +24mm
  13. X

17x9 Cobra R Help

Make sure you spacers are hubcentric spacers. I was told b4 that explorers are real sensitive to crappy spacers. They HAVE to be hubcentric spacers.
  14. X

deep dish bullits

I was wondering if anyone would know if the 18x10 deep dish bullits would fit on an 01 Explorer? I was going to put the 18x10 on rear and 18x9 on front. If not, does anyone have a pic of the 20x9 A.R.E. torque thrust rims on an Explorer? Thanks for your input!
  15. X

EGR sensor

Ok, I was reading through some of these post that you guys have here. I replaced the egr sensor and the CEL did not come on for about two days. The bam! it came back on. I bought the part at the dealership so I know it wasnt an aftermarket clone. can anybody tell me what else it can be? I...
  16. X

Saleen wing for Explorer

Add me to that list too. I would like to purchase one when they come out.
  17. X

y2k cobra rims

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport and was wondering if anyone knows if I would have to buy spacers for some 18x9 y2k cobra rims to fit without rubbing badly in the front or back? I also plan on lowering it too. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :D
  18. X

Will Cobra R Wheels Fit On MY 96 4X4?

the website is www.silverhorseracing.com/billet_cnc_parts.htm make sure you tell them you need hub-centric wheel adapters to fit to the Explorer not the wheel. They claim that there will be no vibration or mis-haps with there adapters. Like everyone says there is when putting adapters on...
  19. X

Will Cobra R Wheels Fit On MY 96 4X4?

lightning wheels I found a company that will make hub-centric adapters to fit the Explorer so that you can get lightning rims. If your interested in the company just respond back!:D
  20. X

Could I use a lug adapter?

I actually found a place that makes hub-centric wheel adapters they said they can guarantee there would be no vibration and they are very safe for our explorers.
  21. X

Saleen wing for Explorer

Thanks Bryan. Fellow Friendswood man.
  22. X

Saleen wing for Explorer

thanks! I'll do that.
  23. X

Saleen wing for Explorer

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport and would like to know if I have to contact Saleen to get a wing for the X? Or is there any other manufacturer out there that makes the same design. And would anyone know how much they cost?
  24. X

Could I use a lug adapter?

I was told by an adapter dealer, I think its performancewheel.com, that Explorer's are hub centric and most adapters are lug centric. I was told that this would cause serious vibration problems. Sorry dude, I was trying to go for some 5x135mm pattern myself.
  25. X

Cobras and Pricing

98's cheaper than 95's I think the reason that the 98's are cheaper than the 95's is b/c they are not as popular. They dont have that deeper look like the 95's do. They have a more positive offset. The 95's are still in high demand be it replicas or original motorsport rims. If you look at the...
Back