Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J-RodG

Anyone Running Dual-Alternators?

i have a piece of 0 gauge connected to the nut on the back going to the batt then there are 2 plugs a 1 wire and a 3 wire! the 1 wire plug is for a volt gauge then u only need to power the yellow wire in the 3 wire plug to activate the stator which i use a toggle switch
  2. J-RodG

1/4 inch steel plates drilled and tapped and bolted to the stock compressor mount! Then used some old 3/8 drive deep well sockets cut down a bit to give the correct height! Stock length belt was used!!
  3. J-RodG

Dual alt's where ac was!! http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/J-RodG/cid__downsize.jpg
  4. J-RodG

Blacking out tail lights?

I taped off the reverse lights! The window trim is all stock!
  5. J-RodG

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

I just went Elite the other day! This is a great site!
  6. J-RodG

Carlisle All Ford Nat's! Jun 4-6, 2010

OK So i went to a local car show yesterday just for something to do! I registered my X in the 1986 and newer truck class knowing I didnt stand a chance! So when it came time for the awards i figured id just hang around for the hell of it and wouldnt you know when they got to the tuner class they...
  7. J-RodG

Check Engine Light

Code po401 has nothing to do with the air filter! It means something is wrong with the EGR system! First thing to check would be the DPFE also called EGR pressure sensor as fords are commonly know for these!
  8. J-RodG

changing rear seats ???

There most likely will already be mounting holes there since all bodies are pretty much built the same just different interior packages! Just make sure u keep the bolts from the donnor!
  9. J-RodG

Wanted Need a M5OD-R1 2WD Trans or Tailshaft!!

Lacky if you think about it though we probably couldnt even go to a junk yard and buy what we need for what it would cost to ship each other our parts! On the other hand if you have a place and tools i may consider a road trip to swap everything!
  10. J-RodG

No but i might! What kind of condition is it in?
  11. J-RodG

I'm converting my X to 2WD and need either a 2WD 5 speed trans or a tail shaft so i can eliminate my t-case! I'm willing to trade my entire 4X4 driveline in exchange for either and maybe a little $ ! Also does anyone know what would be a good set of rear gears to use since i'm going 2WD and...
  12. J-RodG

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

Hey no prob Jay! I'm sure you would of done the same! BTW did the hair grow back on your arm yet? LOL
  13. J-RodG

I'll have a T-case for sale or trade come the end of july mid august! I'm converting 2wd so i'm looking for a tailshaft or a 2wd 5 speed tranny for the 4.0 ohv!
  14. J-RodG

Jay, you didnt really need that hair anyway did you?! LMAO!!! O and by the way its been decided that my X's new name will be PANTHER! Its goin to the body shop in 2 months for a complete make over to all black plus i'm gettin a black panther tattoo this saturday!
  15. J-RodG

I just want so say Thank You to everyone for inviting me, and making me a part of the club! I had a great time yesterday, and I look forward to many more gatherings to come! Hopefully some of you can make it to my shindig on June 19th!
  16. J-RodG

Well this is last minate for me but i'll be there! I'll just have to fight my way in Saturday morning to register!
  17. J-RodG

Sub Box Help!

That was my thought! So what can i do to gain my bass back? If i rotate the box so the subs are facing the rear again they will be hitting right into the back of the 26 inch lcd tv and i dont think it will hold up to that kind a vibration! Any ideas?
  18. J-RodG

Sub Box Help!

Ok so i had to reposition my subs to make room for a TV and now that they are pointing towards the roof i've lost a lot of bass and they sound like crap! Im considering porting the box but was never a fan of ported boxes! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
  19. J-RodG

Actually I didnt use any clear at all! As far as prep i just wiped the lenses down with goof off to remove any wax or dirt! They turned out pretty good and i'm happy with them!
  20. J-RodG

Bellefonte, PA

Also i'd like to add that this is not just for street trucks! This is for any and all explorer's and ranger's! All are welcome!
  21. J-RodG

Bellefonte, PA

Update: If more people plan to come I'm going to have a cookout Saturday evening the 19th after the show! I'd like to get an idea of how many are coming so I know how much food to get. Please let me know. Also it will be B.Y.O.B
  22. J-RodG

Stock Headunit

No unfortunately the stock head unit will not read a DVD. You can get a in dash double din DVD player that will fit. I have pics posted somewhere in here of the one i put in my 2000 x sport!
  23. J-RodG

Ok Here are the pics! http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/J-RodG/S5030976.jpg http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/J-RodG/S5030977.jpg I'm going to take some tonight after dark with the lights on!
  24. J-RodG

As soon as i get off work i'm going to take some and post them!
  25. J-RodG

Well i did it and i have to say it looks awesome!! I'll post pic later today!
Back