Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. hlg99

Wheel / Tire advice

Thank You
  2. hlg99

Wheel / Tire advice

I had to pull the trigger on my Mounty, I'm trading her for a '13 Edge Sport. the sport comes with 22 inch wheels and I have some questions about how they will handle winter driving. Any advice for what size wheel / tire size combo I can pick up for running in the winter with out breaking the...
  3. hlg99

Interior lights come on while driving

I had this problem and changing the ignition cylinder cured it. Old cylinder was worn pretty bad allowing the keys to swing around and move the cylinder.
  4. hlg99

Recognizing my limits tonight. p21345 now p2104 and 2111

Picked truck up at the shop today. Burned out motor on the throttle valve, remove and replace. Next up water pump bearing is whining. Back on the road missus off my case.
  5. hlg99

Yes I did sir, You could say it was a factor.
  6. hlg99

Checked as far as I can, Been working on it after work and the Mrs is starting to get annoyed carting me to work around her own schedule.
  7. hlg99

2008 Mounty, 4.6 engine, started giving me trouble accelerating and idling ended up with the wrench light and pulled a p2135 code. Cleaned the throttle assembly changed out the TPS and and found that the plug and pig tail where brittle and showing some wire so I replaced that. After reconnecting...
  8. hlg99

brake caliper brackets

Not sure what the difference is but the Motorcraft bracketts on Rockauto are.
  9. hlg99

Blew out a brake line last night.

Hopefully you will get off easy and just have to change the hose.
  10. hlg99

Coldest you've started your ex in?

Single digits, V8 p/s pump whines also for a few minutes.
  11. hlg99

Dome light staying on question

As the ignition cylinder starts to wear you get some play in it that could trigger the light.
  12. hlg99

2006 Ford Explorer

Different parts front to back. Ive changed mine they where different lengths.
  13. hlg99

What Color is My Explorer?

If the sun hits it just right you see a very deep olive green. But after looking it up No brown option on the 08 Mounty.
  14. hlg99

What Color is My Explorer?

My truck is Stone Green, I honestly thought it was brown when I bought it. Still looks brown to me most of the time.
  15. hlg99

driver's seat question, and spark plugs

Dont know I dont have my code either. I did find that the truck wont lock if you leave the key in the ignition.
  16. hlg99

driver's seat question, and spark plugs

You want to disable the "easy entry" feature on the speedometer screen, You will still have the memory functions. I have not tried the spark plugs yet.
  17. hlg99

Replacing passenger side rear brake caliper - how do you bleed it ?

Sounds like you did it in correct order, As long as you didn't have any air bubbles in the line while bleeding you should be okay.
  18. hlg99

1993 Ex XLT Pulling to the Right

My old '94 had a similar issue, turned out to be the radius arm bushings.
  19. hlg99

DeRocha's Door Hinge Pin Replacement w/pics

If you replace one pin at a time it keeps the door aligned with the striker and body frame. Its aggravating as f&^% to realign the door when your on your own.
  20. hlg99

Help with overheating?

Check those clamps on the hoses, The OEM clamps rust out over time.
  21. hlg99

Rear window hinge bold and washer

You might consider disconnecting the struts and supporting the glass first. As you can see those bolts are not that sturdy, don't want the glass popping out on you.
  22. hlg99

Where the heck is the coolant going?!

If you have the rear climate control check the fittings on the hoses behind the drivers rear wheel. I was chasing a leak all winter and found some of the fittings there corroded out.
  23. hlg99

Reset oil change display

Switch - Ford (7L2Z-10D889-AA) | TascaParts This is the cluster that should be in place of those blank switches.
  24. hlg99

Reset oil change display

Looks like somebody pulled the panel and put a blank one in it's place. Some PO had done the same on my '08.
  25. hlg99

Abs and traction control how to arm disarm

According to my drivers manual (08) the dash light comes on when you turn the button off. I'm not sure about abs, My radio will flash a message about the back up sensors when put in reverse
Back