Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Thanks! Crazy how many changes our trucks have had! yours is looking good as well. Did you finally find a wheel you like? You've had like 3 sets lol
  2. S

Roof Rack, Remove or Keep?

Been toying around with the idea of removing my roof rack. Should I remove it or keep it? I am trying to make my expo as clean as profile. I think less is more. I have removed the antenna and shaved the tailgate. Wondering if the roof rack should go next. Thanks.
  3. S

Black Explorer Headlights

Do you have any pics? It sounds good on paper but I am having a hard time visualizing that. Thanks.
  4. S

that looks good... I wish I could do the same but my lenses are oxidized so I am looking to replace the housings. Quick question, on the retrofit for the projectors; how does one mount them? I have always wondered.
  5. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

is it one of these? Yeah I plan on getting ADS coilovers on the rear, ADS 2.5 hydro bumps, and limit straps all around :D:D:D Mine is 4WD
  6. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yeah that's still part of the plan. There is a huge difference in ride quality between the front and the rear.
  7. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

You want me to take pics of the bumper at different angles?
  8. S

Glad to hear they are holding up! So you have not had any problems at all with oxidation or condensation? Thanks.
  9. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

With bumper back on and back from powder coat:
  10. S

that looks really good bud!
  11. S

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately my headlights have seen better days & are beyond repair (I've tried wet sanding them but they are badly oxidized) that's what 10+ years in the AZ sun will do to anything!!!
  12. S

Which ones are people using? I am looking to get a set for my rig but am curious to see how the aftermarket ones hold up (oxidation, fading, yellowing etc). I know anzo usa is a name brand and known quantity but if the fleabay ones hold up just as fine I will buy those. Thanks.
  13. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I got them from McNeil Racing.http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/ford/explorer/2001-2005-explorer-4-door/ Mine are custom since I had them remove the z3 style fender vents that are built into their fiberglass mold:
  14. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Finally got my fiberglass painted! Took over a year for me to get it done but it's coming along! Also shaved my tailgate while i was at it! Turned out good (i think)
  15. S

Rear Panel Re Install... Looking to avoid rear panel crack

Thanks for the input everyone. My panel is the original one that it came with. I have never had the crack. I ended up using 3M "molding" double sided adhesive (it's a tape from my local auto paint supply store) I will see how it holds up. Thanks guys!.
  16. S

quick help...installing quick lifts

Glad they are standing behind the product. I was going to reply that I would presume that the strut was incorrect. Mine bolted in without any issues. I would also contact amazon/the vendor on amazon to see what they can do to compensate you for your inconvenience if they sold you an incorrect part.
  17. S

Is that what everyone else is using? Also I hear the RTV sealant flexes (unlike liquid nail, epoxy, glue). How is everyone prepping the surface? I was shocked to see the window runs down the entire length of that panel! I am getting all the old glue off and washing the area. Then wiping down...
  18. S

I took off my rear panel off of the hatch to re adhere it to the glass/hatch. What all does everyone recommend to use to re adhere it back to the glass/hatch? I am reading that RTV Silicon or Double Sided Tape (why not both?) work well. I am looking to avoid it cracking (I know that is a problem...
  19. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

yeah i don't have a body lift. the tires don't rub at all but I have aftermarket front fenders and a custom front bumper which helps clear the tires
  20. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yeah, the at2's are very similar to the bfg at's which are a phenomenal tire. I just prefer a mud terrain over an all terrain.
  21. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

James, The ADS are phenomenal. I can really tell the difference between these and my old rancho quick lifts and I am very tempted to have ADS handle the rear. I just plasti dipped the fenders for now to preserve the gelcoat/primer. I would like to have them painted but have been having too...
Back