Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

EXHAUST - I want it loud

Cut it off at the headers
  2. T

AWD offroad?

They do just as good as any 4wd explorer that is in 4hi http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281290 My awd mountianeer it has been a readers rider for Peterson's 4wheel mag http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/readersrides/131_1105_may_2011_readers_rides/viewall.html And has gone...
  3. T

Raptor grill for explorer

I like the glass wounder if they would make one that says mercury
  4. T

explorer 4x4

Only v8 came awd and they are far from crap so far mine has gone every wear I have pointed it would the selectable be better yes but the awd is not crap.
  5. T

4wd or awd?

I would say go to a dirt road floor it in 2wd then do it in 4wd should pull much harder in 4wd and just spin in 2wd
  6. T

Worst stuck pic thread

Lol love the car wash sighn
  7. T

Any way to improve stock ifs

Well I want to go with a prunner front end if I up grade no Sas for me but that will be a while from now
  8. T

Yeah the black hole had tons of good stuff And thanks 2 stipe I'm looking at Sas stuff agian that and custom body's lol
  9. T

Also I don't think Sas is needed for the mild offroading I'm doing
  10. T

Gave it alot a thought but like I said thier are no good axel from what I have found that fit under the front with out being narowed and having custom axel built for it(wounder if a xj axel would fit with some leaf spring). The sfa front dosent bother me for dd'ing my last 4x4 was a sfa and it...
  11. T

Thanks I did search but ifs gives you a ton lol
  12. T

Just woundering what could be done to improve the stock ifs. I don't want to go Sas because first I don't think I need to with the trail riding I'm doing,and second I don't trust my welding skills to hold the stuff on ,third if I brake somthing I like going in to a store and being able to get...
  13. T

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Had to put depends if I'm driving some were ie my wheels hit pavement or I'm wheeling my seat belt is on as well as everyone else riding with me . how every if I'm driving in the yard loading wood moving tools ect I leave it off.
  14. T

project freebie H3 hunter

Thanks Sorry I took so long to get back. I don't think the trans or t case has given out yet. only time they have let me down is crawling one time gave it full throttle and didn't go anywhere. needs a low range. it will be easer on trans and motor and make crawling easer as well. I just got a...
  15. T

Worst stuck pic thread

Yeah it was a hole that had just been filled in looked kinda solid lol
  16. T

Worst stuck pic thread

Oops
  17. T

I hear on the h3 I picked it because at the time it was the best ifs off roader I could think of. Now that the raptor is out the build is switching to build something close to a raptor(I love that truck) over the h3. I'm already looking at long travel kits and flares lol I still think the old...
  18. T

Well truck ended up on it's side again today, and I found the limits of my awd t-case fowling a few jeep buddy's got wedged in between some rocks hit the gas no tire spin just tranny slipping I think (jeeps made it thow think they might be wider). trans seem to be shifting harder now as well...
  19. T

Been a while just got done doing the tt shackles (home made) to get 2.5 inches of lift
  20. T

had a woops

No one will believe it but all it did was pop the mirror off I was able to pop it back on only had a few scratches when it hit I new I had just smashed the hell out of that side but I looked and thier was no real damage I still don't know how best part of the weekend was after a hill climb I...
  21. T

had a woops

well good news is i drove out of it and yes i tried agian and made it
  22. T

will 4406 fit my 5.0 merc with no body lift

Sweet thanks now I just need to find one at a good price
  23. T

will 4406 fit my 5.0 merc with no body lift

need to know befor i buy one my awd t-case hase had enogh rock crawling and if thumping so its time to swap but if it wont fit under my truck with no body lift i will half to look for anther awd case. Also im not afraid to take a BFH to the under side of my floor to make i fit but if its not...
  24. T

need a 300 bhp parts list for a 5.0

Nope the 100 shot is for after to make 400 bhp guess I will just start with the usual stuff like headers and intake I have been told that the 5.0 Merc/explorer got basicly a cobra top end is this true if so a good exaust an better tune would probably make close to 300 horse
  25. T

need a 300 bhp parts list for a 5.0

Yep brake or block= hp from the crank
Back