Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

2003 high/ low beam mod

does anyone know if it's at all possible to wire the high and low beams to come on together (when i turn my brites on)? I would assume it would involve a relaybut i'm unsure of how to wire it in an 2003 Ex... if anyone knows that would help alot ;)
  2. 9

rear gas tank door area fixes

THE GAs? What about being so close to the gas and cutting the rust out? Isn't that kinda dangerous... I wanna fix mine, but I also don't wanna blow myself up in the process! What did you guys end up doing? THX, Mike :chug:
  3. 9

94 Explorer no heat FREEZING HELP

hey, same thing happened to me a year ago driving back to school in a huge blizzard. I took it in and the the mechanic said it was the blower that was messing up. All he did was smack it with a hammer or something and it became unstuck. He asked if I wanted to replace it for like 100 bucks...
  4. 9

94 check engine and ABS light comming on

I've reciently have done the TPS mod to my 1994 X with good results and about a month later my check engine light and my ABS light have been comming on and off almost every time I drive her. The check engine light seems to come on when I doing city driving more than when I on the highway...
  5. 9

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

dumb question Hey everyone, I know this might sound dumb but to "adjust" the sensor what actually do you do (to change the multimeter readings) do you just turn the top of the sensor and screw it back on? I have a 94 but I assume it is all the sameon the 2nd gens. I really want to see if this...
  6. 9

Stupid Question

Hey everyone, I know this might sound dumb but to "adjust" the sensor what actually do you do (to change the multimeter readings) do you just turn the top of the sensor and screw it back on? I have a 94 but I assume it is all the sameon the 2nd gens.:confused: I really want to see if this will...
  7. 9

does anybody have a center console write up?

Do you have any pictures of what the install looks like?
  8. 9

rocker panel covers

Hey I just removed my stock running boards from my 94 eddie bauer because it was rusting real bad, now I going to cut off the rusted stuff repair it up and bondo it for a temporary fix. My question is that now Im left with the holes left behind from the old running boards and I was thinking I...
  9. 9

removed teh air silencer

Hey I saw a thread a while back where someone mentioned that they were able to remove the teh air silencer from their X. Could anyone explain to me and anyone else interested how you go about doing that. Thanks alot!
  10. 9

Air box Mod

Hey can anyone tell me how to do the air box mod for a firs gen Explorer? I've heard of just drilling holes in the air box. Is this good to do? can it harm anything? any one have pics? Thanks Alot
  11. 9

Best aftermarket alarm w/ remote start

I just got the Viper installed today and love it!
  12. 9

Interrior paint chipping

yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'll give it a try
  13. 9

Who lives in Illinois?

Hey guys, allong with 01EB5.0, I'm also from St. Charles. That would be cool to organize something where we could meet. Thanks for those 4x4 stores, I haven't been able to find anything arround here! I got a '94 eddie bauer, pretty basic accept for my stereo ,fogs and a few engine mods. I'm...
  14. 9

Interrior paint chipping

Hey guys, the mocha paint under my radio is chipping from when I put in my new headunit. It looks really ugly because it's white plastic under the paint. Anybody had this happen? Anybody suggestions on what paint might match the tan interior? Thanks
  15. 9

HELP - extra 12-volt install

I was trying to install an extra 12-volt outlet in my center console and had some trouble with the wiring. I was wondering if it was possible to just tap into the standard outlets wires instead of grounding it and running it to the positive battery terminal. I gave it a try by tapping into the...
  16. 9

north face X

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else had ever herd of The North Face Explorer. I guess it was only made in the UK.
  17. 9

Mystery Toggle Switch

in my truck I have a kill switch for my radar detector mounted there. It might be something like that.
Back