Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1996 Odometer and trip meter stopped functioning

BT Dongle? Ah I just looked that up. I have a ODBII reader but I've been curious about the wireless adapters and the apps that interpret the output. I'm waiting for my replacement gear to arrive...
  2. T

Thanks for the info Fast_Dave. It seems like something I could have a go at. I have an after market sound system in the truck so I'm not sure how that will affect removing the center console section but that's the only variation to the procedure you referenced. I might check with the guys who...
  3. T

On a run up to the north bay ( I'm in the SF - east bay area) I noticed my odometer and trip meter were not registering any change in my 1996 Explorer. This just happened during my last tankful of gas. I always reset the trip meter and I noticed the trip mileage was a bit low the last time but...
  4. T

i call her the FIGHTING PANDA

I have a website where I can host images but that's not going to solve the problem of images that are part of this thread which are lost to the wasteland that is now photobucket...
  5. T

Someone mentioned a plugin/addin for browsers would defeat this problem. Not sure how that would work as the photobucket policy must be administered at their sever layer before the content is built and sent back down the wire... I tried this just to make sure I wasn't overlooking something. It...
  6. T

Sorry to dredge up this old thread but do you have any photos that aren't on photobucket? I have an idea what she looks like but would love to see a photo... Jerry
  7. T

New eplorer forum member - late intro post

So far it has been interesting. I am interested in upgrading the headlights and tail lights. Read a couple of threads I find myself not trusting the pre-packagedCCFL - Halo LED projector headlights I see advertised everywhere. It seems the threads all said the only way to get a quality...
  8. T

New eplorer forum member - late intro post

Hello all, I've actually been a member here for a while, don't post much however. I own a 1996 Explorer XLT White/ blue/grey interior. I've owned it since new and it has about 60 k miles on it. 4.0L engine and a 5 speed manual. To say it's an occasional driver is an understatement. It's garaged...
  9. T

1996 Explorer rear window wiper grommet

I did a search and perhaps I'm the only one with this problem. I know on the grand scheme of things it is a nit, however... Is there a trick to keeping the rear widow wiper grommet in place? The thing keeps popping out on mine, has done ever since I bought it new but I never griped about it...
  10. T

O2 sensor access

Thanks for your reply. Yep it was right there as the photos I've seen show and as you say. Actually I feel pretty silly posting the question as I hadn't really taken a good look-see beforehand. I bought a Denso direct replacement at a local parts house. Today I crawled under the car and pretty...
  11. T

O2 sensor access

I have another newbie_ ish question for the members here. This is for a 1996 Explorer with V6 4.0; Manual trans. I've read the threads and suggestions regarding O2 sensors; how they work and how to test them - all of this great info. I recently had a CEL pop up and with my code reader I found...
  12. T

Tire Recommendations? Suggestions?

O2 sensor access Sorry I moved this question
  13. T

I've been meaning to post a followup on this topic. I ended up buying Michelin's LTS MX2. So far I like them although as I don't drive the machine much I've only had one opportunity to go off road and that wasn't really a rough ride. I don't detect much highway noise but then I've never really...
  14. T

I'm going to ask this but I'm sure it has been asked before; I tried all manner of searches but could find any helpful hits. Don't hate me! I have a stock 1996 XLT with the 4.0L and manual 5 speed. I am the original owner; I only have 42k miles on her. Why? I use it only when I want to...
Back