Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Slow coolant loss on V8

Thanks to everyone that replied and everyone else on this thread that discovered the issue and was able to replace the component. I replaced mine today. I decided to go with the aluminum Y from ebay. After seeing how brittle the old plastic one was I think that might have been a good choice. I...
  2. F

Slow coolant loss on V8

I just discovered that my 2006 has this problem. For those of you that replaced the Y, did you find the Y to actually be cracked, or was the hose cracked, or was it the Ford clamp that failed. I'm trying to figure out how many components I'm really going to need to fix it.
  3. F

Engine Ticking Noise 2006 4.6 EB

I have the premium care warranty so they replaced it under warranty. They broke a couple of studs and had to drill them out and replace them. Being a warranty repair I'm sure they lost money on it which probably why the first dealer didn't want to touch it.
  4. F

Engine Ticking Noise 2006 4.6 EB

I had the same noise on my 2006 EB 4.6. Could hear it in the passenger wheel well for about 40 seconds after startup. Took it to one dealer and they said they could not hear the noise. Took it to a different dealer and they said the exhaust manifold gasket needed to be replaced. They replaced it...
  5. F

2006 Explorer Disable Remote Start

Ok. Thanks!!!
  6. F

Press the lock button three times. I was hoping it would just be a simple matter of pulling a fuse or disconnecting a wire. I think that is what happens. She presses it twice get the confirmation beep that it's locked, then put the key in her purse and sometimes it gets pressed a third time. By...
  7. F

I believe it's a factory/dealer unit. It works with the standard Ford remote. I bought the truck used and there is no separate manual for the remote start.
  8. F

Does anyone know how to disable the remote start function on a 2006 Explorer? Sometimes when my wife goes to a store, she comes back out and finds the truck running. I'd hate for that to happen while it's parked in the garage and just not wake up one morning.
Back