Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Bronco II - worst car of all time?

I had an 86 BII and it was a great little rig. People who attack this car for being too tippy obviously haven't driven one.:rolleyes: I still miss that car, it was alot of fun to drive and 4 wheel. In terms of wheelin' the BII was better than the X because of the spring over axle and shorter...
  2. D

Loud noise

Bad hubs perhaps?? I know when my hubs went out on me (damn auto hubs:mad: ) they made a very similar noise of what you are describing and I couldn't get out of 4hi....
  3. D

Why not the 4.6 V8?

No, the 2.9L V6 Ford put in the BII had no balls. This just simply has small ones.;)
  4. D

"new" early bronco (concept)

I actually kind of like it. With a short wheelbase like that, I'm betting it would be a pretty good lil' 4X4. I hope they don't use IRS, but I am pretty impressed. Quite frankly, I would rather see a larger, more beastly Bronco like the early 90's and early 80's with the superduty front and a...
  5. D

I thought ex's were Strong!!

It shouldn't be bogged down with just a table and passengers. I once loaded my truck, rear seats lowered and passenger seat extracted (:eek: ) with rocks for the rock wall in front of my yard. I literally loaded the truck so much I think it was on the verge of bottoming out in the rear as I was...
  6. D

Why not the 4.6 V8?

The 4.0 OHV is a very reliable motor and I personally find it more than enough for what I want. It does very well when 4 wheeling and is pretty peppy but I have to say that the 5.0L is one heck of a great motor. It is extremely reliable and has proven to be an excellent platform from which to...
  7. D

respect for ford chassis

:eek: I would have loved to have seen that!!!:D Glad you're OK! I think I would have needed new pants after that stunt.
  8. D

Smelly Nissans!

My GFs Taco smells like that...
  9. D

Ford Everest SUV

Yeehaaaww! Look at that clearance! Glad to see Ford is getting back to the tough, high clearance SUVs! What is its suspension? It isn't that damn IRS is it?? That'd be great if it was solid in the rear and twin I beam in the front... I still love that clearance!:eek:
  10. D

1997 limited v8 price / reliability ?'s need quick responses

That is an incredible deal!! My bro and dad both have V8 X's (i'm the only 4.0:( ) and those engines crank!! Congrats!!!!!
  11. D

2001 Subaru Forrester...any suggestions?

My GF's mom just bought a 2001 Subaru Forrester (w/out turbo:( ) and I was wondering if any of you guys have had experiences with these vehicles?? Where is the MAF, it almost looked like it was just posterior of the throttle body... Thanks! Greg
  12. D

Looking for a new car

To each his own. It's all personal preference and experience, I've always had better luck with American myself. Either way, one of my coworkers loves her 95 Maxima, I have to admit I was quite impressed (still prefer Ford;) ), Great little car too, very nice interior and performance. I would...
  13. D

Looking for a new car

That's what my GF's best friend said when she bought her 98 Camry...it hasn't been that great for her. I'm sorry guys, I just don't buy the whole "Imports are the bestest best cars you can get!!!!" My mom's 76 Pontiac ran strong until we sold it 170K miles. My grandfather still had an 73 Olds...
  14. D

ATTN: Sport Trac Owners

Why not a Ranger? The ST would have alot more room for people in addition to towing capacity but the Ranger is alot less expensive. My GFs dad drives a 2002 Tacoma 4X4 and he loves it, but he is not completely impressed with the interior styling and overall finish (interior). I have to admit, it...
  15. D

Where would you spend $2500

Invest in the stock market or put it in the savings account. That's what I did and while my X may not be 3 inches higher than stock, I still love it;)
  16. D

Leather Seat Upgrade Questions

Go limited the whole way! I do love the EB, but they can serve as backup should you lose this bid.
  17. D

The memory module is simply an option that allows the driver to switch between multiple seat configurations. For example, sometimes my mom drives my dad's 99 X (much to his dismay;) ) and she is 5 foot and my dad 6'2". The seat memory function allows them to literally step in the car and push...
  18. D

At least you have it narrowed down to two great seats. I exchanged my 92 beat-to-hell shoe leather seats;) for 2001 leather seats from an XLT and I couldn't be happier. Whatever you do, make sure that both seats (the limited definitely will) have the lumbar control as that greatly helps in...
  19. D

I still remember

Hey now, I can understand the man's point. It seems as though the vast majority of vehicles are judged by frivolous matters including DVD, MP3 and other technological bells and whistles that say nothing of the overall longetivity or quality of the vehicle. Horsepower is very important, but...
  20. D

new seat question

They will fit in just fine. In my 92, I put in 2001 EB Leather seats and it was an easy task. It was a plug and play type deal as 92-2001 all had the same seat mounting pattern, the newer gen seats are reaallllyyy nice.:D
  21. D

custom carbon fiber hood

That is one mean looking Explorer.:eek:
  22. D

best car-based 4x4 for light offroad/snow?

My girl drives a 93 Subaru legacy and I would not touch that car with a ten foot pole. That thing only has 120K miles and it is already in the "blah" condition, heck- I thought it was an 80's Subaru. Normally she drives an '87 Land Cruiser. Normally I'm not big on yotas but I have grown pretty...
  23. D

04 X w/v8 or 4Runner w/v8?

Oh no, not this argument again..;) I'd go with the V8 X. I really do think that a vehicle will operate only as long as it is taken care of. I never floor my car off the line (just when testing mods) and I always take it easy. I have seen many Runner owners beat their cars up too and end up...
  24. D

Oops, Explorer swimming.

Oh dear lord, you are crazy!:eek: I was rootin' for you the whole way, you almost made it!
  25. D

High milage explorers?

And you're on a Ford Explorer enthusiast's board? :rolleyes: I necessarily say that, nor would I say Hondas are unreliable. I've driven both and to be honest, my Ford has always been the most trustworthy but the Honda was (2001 civic) had some hard miles before. It's my friend's car and he...
Back