Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Overheating for seconds

If you changed the thermostat you might have a air pocket Did you run the heater on high and rev the engine for about 10-15 min after changing the thermostat? If not that causes a air pocket inside the engine / heater core thus causing your overheating problem Also did the mechanic at your...
  2. M

1999 tranny conversion questions

Got a 99 ranger 3.0 flex fuel 4x4 4r44e tranny no reverse tore tranny apart and band broke and f-uped the case can I put a explorer tranny in it and what years and what should I expect for problems putting the explorer tranny in in behind the 3.0? Thanks for your time. Brad
  3. M

97 explorer left rear sagging 2"

Weak leaf spring get them re arched
  4. M

What is this bolt?

To fill the rearend use a turkey baster with small hose !
  5. M

quick engine question

Yes both the same.
  6. M

anyone tried e3 plugs? tdhxlt

Save your money you don't need E-3 plugs waste of your time changing spark plugs take your time its easy after the first set or two lol and replace your plug wires while your doing the plugs as if the plug wires have been on the spark plugs for awhile your going to break a few plug wires off
  7. M

In need of some assistance please?

See how much tension you have on the belt tensioner if is doesn't spring back change it out also check the idler pulley Also check your serpentine belt !
  8. M

Burning Smell

Condensation from running your ac on your vehicle
  9. M

97 EX 302 4r70w reverse lockup question

t-converter growling torque converter is fuped now pulled pan and low and behold metal shavings up the cozoo lol :thumbdwn: maybe time for junkyard tranny lol
  10. M

97 EX 302 4r70w reverse lockup question

Hi folks heres my problem got a 97 ex with a 302 4r70w tranny when i put it into reverse it locks up the tranny and goes nowhere i here it engage but goes nowhere i also don't have 1st gear and when i put it into drive its going forward very hard like its dragging an anchor behind it lol Fluid...
  11. M

Help. I have to "re-lube" driver-front brakes every 3 weeks.

ok have you changed the rubber lines yet? possible collapsed hose? i put aftermarket drilled and slotted rotors on my exploder from summit when i had front brake issues haven't touched them yet after 40k its a good investment cause theres to much heat from braking on these trucks causing warpage...
  12. M

Help. I have to "re-lube" driver-front brakes every 3 weeks.

wheel bearing out. does it make a growling noise? change wheel bearing
  13. M

Loud clunking noise from rear end when turning and when shifting into reverse!!!!!

sounds like parking brake is stuck on one side check parking brake cables to see if they move
  14. M

4.0l Engine loss of power. Garage has no idea.

p1747 EPC solonoid short circuit have you yet to check the transmission and the wiring for it ? change your speed sensor as that regulates to the ecm your engine firing and fuel thus causing your misfires and dying truck your dianogistic codes are all tranny related if you think its the...
  15. M

humming gets louder as speed increases

hows the fan clutch ? blockage in front of radiator like bugs,:salute: etc.
  16. M

great site

whats going on ? this site is great i see alot of problems i fixed on my exploders that others are having so i can put my 2 cents worth in lol on how i fixed mine :salute: later keep up the good work madbrad
  17. M

4.0l Engine loss of power. Garage has no idea.

you have tranny problems bro most likely the torque converter took a crap check all fuses and relays for transmission and transfer case cheap easy fixes if all fuses are good you could have internal problems like the torque converter or a sensor out then you have bigger problems let us know...
  18. M

humming gets louder as speed increases

common problem on my 98 explorer is front driveshaft goes out makes a growling noise on acceleration replaced it 3 times now 50. dollars at scrapyard wheel bearings go out alot to on my 2nd set of those lol you can't check play in the wheel bearings ! on the vehicle you can only check upper...
Back