Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

rear window weather stripping issue

Yeah, mine was halfway off and I was gonna leave it alone till I could really get a good look at it since I was at school, but then it started leaving marks on my window every time I would use it so I pulled it off completely.
  2. T

I was able to save the strip before it completely fell off. I'll try and glue it back. I figured the water was leaking out since I couldn't hear any water sloshing around inside.
  3. T

Hey all, It's been a while since I've been on, but I had an issue come up with my rear window. The weather stripping that runs along the bottom of the window came off and there doesn't appear to be any simple way to replace it. The window still works fine, but I'm worried about water leaking in...
  4. T

In Channel VS Tape On

I have weather tech in-channel visors on my truck and they are really nice. Haven't had any issues with them.
  5. T

We gunna light up this whole town!

Looks good! Should look real good at night!
  6. T

Rookie Electrition. Couple of Questions

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. It's kinda hard to explain without actually being able to show what I'm talking about.
  7. T

For the corrosion, I know they make a spray that can remove corrosion. I'm not sure how well it works, but thats about the only thing I can think of right now.
  8. T

I just did this with my truck. The first thing you want to do is take the radio bezel off to get the 12v socket wires. I just cut the pos and neg wires for the 12v socket and then soddered the constant power wire from the switch to the 12v pos wire. I then took all the neg wires from the strips...
  9. T

Ever want to slap someone silly?

wow...what an idiot!!!
  10. T

The reason I'm a member here...

Thanks. yeah, I learned to drive with that truck and had alot of fun with it. the fortunate thing for me was I had just gotten into a wreck with it a few days before when a lady pulled out in front of me. her car pushed in the passenger door and scraped up the side pretty good. It was totalled...
  11. T

The reason I'm a member here...

It's been a little over a year now, but I figure now is as good as ever. I was going over to a friends house one night around 11. I was taking a back road to get there and was doing around 50 mph. I went into a curve and I edged off the road. As I was getting back on, my rear tire hit a bump and...
  12. T

Do you wear a seatbelt?

I almost always wear mine. I had a 98 F-150 that I wrecked a little over a year ago. I went sliding into a tree sideways at 50 mph. The front bumper caught the tree and stopped my truck dead and turned it 180 degrees on the spot. Everything in the truck went flying including the hat on my head...
  13. T

difference between 2-way and 3-way speakers

Thanks for all the insight! This whole audio project that I have gotten myself into has been quite eye opening. I'm real thankful to have this forum to help me with this undertaking.
  14. T

how bad have you been ??

when I was in high school and had my f150, I was going to school for a morning workout. It was still dark out and I was running late. As I was going down the road doing 65 to 70 in a 55,I see headlights behind me. I think it's my coach so I just keep going at the same speed. when I get to my...
  15. T

Why trash talk 2WD exp?

I have a 2WD ST and I've had alot of fun playing in light mud with it. I would love to have a 4WD, but I got what I got and its a good truck. Its also nice knowing that I don't have to worry about having any 4WD issues to deal with.
  16. T

front hitch and tow hooks

I'm looking into getting a front hitch. I have an '02 sport trac with the front tow hooks on the front. I would like to install the hitch and keep the tow hooks installed also. Is it possible to have both on the front end?
  17. T

I may just do that. I just got to figure out how to install the tweeters.
  18. T

How many explorers have you had?

I'm on my first explorer and lovin it! It's the third vehicle I've had since I started driving. My first two were a 1988 Mitsubishi Montero and a 1998 F-150. The montero rarely worked and I totalled my F-150 alittle over a year ago.
  19. T

Miles you drive per year

I drive a little over 20,000 miles a year. My commute to work and other places really added up the miles quick, but now i'm hoping to go no further than 10,000 miles from now on. Gas is getting way too expensive to do so much driving.
  20. T

What do you have in your Explorer?

Mine's still a work in progress, but here is what I have so far: Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-6300UB Amp: Kicker ZX350.4 Sub: Kicker comp 10 Speakers: still looking around I just want a nicer sounding system. nothing too crazy yet lol.
  21. T

ok, thanks. i've been reading about people using both 2 way and 3 way speakers and I never really understood the difference. I'm currently looking into some 3 ways.
  22. T

I just installed a new HU, amp and sub in my truck and now im looking into speakers. I was wondering what the difference is between a 2-way and a 3-way speaker.
  23. T

sport trac owners: is this a good deal?

It looks similar to the one i got off ebay. you may want to check check ebay out too. The guy that I bought mine from custom builds the boxes to the sport trac and they are solid boxes. He has a few different combos of subs and amps...
  24. T

soft console dissasembly /re assembly question

the center console has two covers on either side where the verticle pillar of the armrest goes into the console. pop thore off and there is a bolt in side of there that holds the armrest assembly to the console. you can also use the search function and just type in console. i know of a couple of...
  25. T

Fuel pressure issue?

Never really noticed if the cap was loose. I'll have to check that. Never really thought about the cap causing it.
Back