Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Door Blend Problem?

the blend door motor is the most common problem its under 40.00, unbolt the motor and while its plugged in and key in the run position turn the dial from cold to hot or vise versa and watch the dowel it moves very slow. If it doesn't move them the motor is bad. easy as that, takes me about 15min...
  2. H

new member returning

I just noticed that. Thanks. I started putting it back together today, I'll post more as I go.
  3. H

Front end probs

if the front end is binding and breaking it could be a transfer case issue, maybe the viscous coupler has seized. the case is where it is designed to slip in an awd vehicle and if its not doing its job it will cause binding in the entire system with the front being your weak link. I hope this...
  4. H

welcome, im a returning member, it seems we share the same passion for fords. ive had 4 fox body 5.0s myself and I have my 2nd / explorer 5.0. it use to be awd until I swapped out the case for the manual shift bw4406. Again welcome.
  5. H

new member returning

Hello everyone, I registered a while back and ive been surfing the forums and its been really helpful. I live in North west florida, I own a 98 xlt 5.0 4x4, ive converted to the BW4406 t-case done a TT/shackles & AAL currently rolling on 31" bfg kos but plan to go bigger. im gathering the parts...
  6. H

a/c problem and ?

thanks..ill look into that
  7. H

a/c problem and ?

i have a 97 EB 2wd 5.0 with EATC and was wondering if it could be converted to manual a/c controls. i cant access the error mode and if i push the fan switch up to high it will only work on high untill it decides it wants to work on the other speeds and my a/c wont come on when in defrost...
  8. H

Gear Pattern

next time you do it..keep a note book marked L&R and write down what shims you use per side and subtract or add to your totals. it helps tremendously:thumbsup:
  9. H

Gear Pattern

when i did it as a tech in CO. we were only allowed around 6hrs to set one up depending on axle. 90% of the time if a vehicle came in for a gear swap and you dropped it off the previous afternoon you would have it back at the end of the following day :)
  10. H

Gear Pattern

your last pics are sweet. good job.as long as its all in spec :) :thumbsup: i do alot of gears and it usually take anywhere from 2-4 pulls to get it right..theres only been 1 time ive set it up in a jeep D35 and it was dead on w/the first install..doubt that will ever happen again :)
  11. H

Blend Door Actuator Not Working

im going to assume i have a faulty panel since mine wont enter this mode. a/c works on max and auto and my fan switch works fine as long as i dont push it to the top then it cancels all other fan speeds out and only works on hi. ill start w/a new EATC :)
  12. H

96 Explorer Limited AC problem

mine has failed. it also depends on the color. they make diffrent color housings.pull yours before you order. i got one form the u pull it yard and i got the wrong color. so now im on the hunt again and got an a/c control that wont work on my explorer. hope that helps and saves you time
  13. H

ac blows warm and cool

could also have a bad clutch fan not allowing proper airflow when your idle.
  14. H

1995 Explorer XLT. My rear driver's side window isn't moving.

get some jumper wires and a 12v battery and put them directly to the motor plug in and reverse as needed to make it go the direction you want. check signal at the switch to see if your getting power there..if not start chasing the harness. if another door switch is out it wont work either like...
  15. H

Gas tank issues.

could possibly be a clogged breather/vent line. do you take it in the mud or water alot? if so check all lines related to the tank/ charcoal canister/vent lines. just check them all for possible clogs or pinched lines
  16. H

1995 Explorer XLT. My rear driver's side window isn't moving.

it could be just that "stuck" if it hasnt been used in a long time. but if you used it recently check all connnections and make sure your getting signal to the motor if not back track it from there thru the harness
  17. H

Power window problems.

its usually the nylon bearings inside the motor that crumble and go bad. you can get them from oreillys for like 7 or 8 bucks. that is if you can hear the motor spinning but the window does nothing. hope this helps
  18. H

Before and after pics-Chop top, Atlas, SAS v8 and more!

great job..i miss having a big shop to work on my junk :thumbsup:
  19. H

95-01 a/c and heat controls

anyone know what and why they had diffrent a/c control panel colors for? i got a beige one and mines red and it wont work...anyone need a good beige one? or trade for a good red one? just curious as to why they did that and the reasons
  20. H

1999 Explorer rear wiper arm doesn't work right.

i know theres a spring behind there to help hold tension check that...if its bad or worn replace the whole arm..can probably get one from the junkyard pretty cheap
  21. H

Multiple EEC-IV codes.

CODE 111 =system pass /being obd 1 you will always get that when hooked up to it even if there wasnt a problem CODE 122 = throttle positioning sensor(tp) sensor-signal voltage is to low CODE 186 = injector pulsewidth higher than expected or mass air flow (maf) sensor signal voltage is...
  22. H

Multiple EEC-IV codes.

what are the new codes after clearing the light and running it again?
  23. H

new member in FL

yes..explorer express has the seat..its like 1100.00 but i plan on selling mine. ill get some pics tomorrow when its not raining cats and dogs
  24. H

new member in FL

ya ...theres no telling what its gona do but its definetly afffecting the tourism...im hoping it holds off long enough for me to go spend a couple more weeks or even all summer out on the water in my boat.
  25. H

new member in FL

bout 60 miles east of pensacola near destin,FL...does that help any? :p:
Back