Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

No Reverse! Please Help!

This is all great information - thanks for the help! I am going to give the transfer case a go and see what happens. If that goes bad, I could replace it with something much better! Thanks again and I'll let yall know what the verdict is!
  2. B

No Reverse! Please Help!

After 215,000 miles, I finally have some Transmission problems. Can anyone help? When I put the truck into Reverse, there is no movement and a very lound, fast grinding noise. Any idea? It will still drive forward, however, there is a grinding noise when I let off the gas (coasting). Does...
  3. B

How much would you pay for this Jeep?

I got the carfax on it and it verifies that it has not been rolled over, but I know the owner - this is his truck that he drives around his farm on the weekend. it hasn't been sitting for a long period of time - driven every month.
  4. B

How much would you pay for this Jeep?

I found a 1995 Jeep Wrangler for sale. It has an Inline 4 cyl motor, 5 speed manual transmission, good paint, immaculate interior, rhino lined floor, no after-market accessories, and the kicker - it has only 7,150 miles! I am about to make an offer on this Jeep and wanted to get some insight -...
  5. B

1st Gen Brush Guard on 2nd Gen??

Has anyone ever mounted a Brush Guard from a 1st Gen Explorer on a 2ns Gen Explorer? I found a great deal on a Brush Guard/Winch Mount - but it is for a 1991-1994 Explorer. I think it would look pretty goofy, but are there any pictures out there?
  6. B

V8BoatBuilder's Off Road Buildup: Spring 2008

I'm interesed to see how this turns out... Good Luck! BTW - If you are still looking for stock shackles, I think I still have mine at my parents house from my 1997 Explorer - just let me know!
  7. B

Can I fit 32x11.50 on stock 15x7 wheels?

I also have 32X11.50 Buckshot Mudders on my stock wheels - for about 2 years now, and have no problems, just remember to rotate!
  8. B

TireGate Swing Away Tire Carrier

I saw this in a recent issue of Off Road Adventures http://www.tiregate.com/hg.shtml Looks pretty good at $329.00
  9. B

New Bumper

thanks, I appreciate that.
  10. B

New Bumper

yeah, maybe killed approach angle but there is no lift yet so not too worried about it. strictly there for a winch and a little protection for getting out of sticky situations while hunting, fishing, etc. not too worried about air bags, never had them in my truck or bronco so oh well. . .
  11. B

New Bumper

yeah - it extends the top of the frame and the bumper sets on top of them.
  12. B

New Bumper

yeah but it will hold up - ran into a big dumpster about 10 mph and dented the heck out of it an the bumper got a piece of green paint on it. not too bad
  13. B

New Bumper

Here are some pictures of my new bumper I just put on. Orignally from a late '80's Jeep Wagoneer,then on an '89 Wrangler,now on my Explorer. Still have some things to do - there are plates for the holes on the top of the bumper, and some tow hooks, and eventually a winch.
  14. B

Tow Point ??

Went today to the fab shop and he wanted $200 to weld the bumper on. Said it was a half a days work, needed 2 pieces of 2" steel tubing less then a foot long each. I thought this was unreasonable - am I wrong? Im going to call around an see what some other people could do.
  15. B

Tow Point ??

Bought the bumper a while ago and finally pulled the factory bumper off, painted the new one and am taking it to the shop tomorrow. Ill post some pics as soon as its done. It was originally off a late '80's Jeep Wagoneer - Im told a Warn Classic mount, but I dont know that for a fact, but...
  16. B

Tow Point ??

sounds good. ive been thinkin about it and I think Ill do both tow points and i think im gonna weld it on just to make sure. worst comes to worst, ill cut the bumper off down the road, but ill deal with that when i get there. thanks for the help
  17. B

Tow Point ??

Well if I am going to use the bumper as a tow point and put a winch on there, should I weld it on? I wanted to avoid that in case I try to sell it dwn the road, but I dont mind welding it.
  18. B

Tow Point ??

New Front Bumper In Progress I finally found a good winch bumper to put on the explorer, it need some modification though. I was wondering if I should put some D-rings on the bumper, or if I should use two hook on the frame. Which would be stronger?
  19. B

RATE (Run Across The East)

Alright, thanks for the advice. I think Im gonna go with the Aussie locker as well - its in my price range
  20. B

are you gonna do anything else to your explorer before this run??
  21. B

Im assuming you like your Aussie Locker
  22. B

Yeah, thats all Ive got now. However Ill be doing a 2" body, 32" or 33" MT's, new shocks, a winch and hopefully a locker. But Ive got a while to work on it so it should all be done.
  23. B

Thats a good way to put it. Plus it will be a lot of fun, assuming I dont break anything and its a good excuse not to take summer school.
  24. B

yeah,but ill be coming from middle Georgia
  25. B

Ive been thiniin about this and I might meet up with yall in Oliver Springs, TN for coal creek and then go from there. Ive got a lot of stuff planned for the x, so pencil me in, Id really like to do something like this. It would be a long trip but I think Ive got enough time to plan this out.
Back