Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

How to: Ford Explorer - Ranger TPS Test Procedure

Dale, Thanks for this! I just checked my TPS and I think it's O.K.. Idle= .777v and WOT= 4.69v. Close enough, right?
  2. L

Puzzling Rumbling on Steering Wheel

I had what sounds like the same problem 2 years ago. I put the Ex up & checked everything and all was fine. With the wheels still off the ground, I started it up & the front wheels would start shaking all by themselves. Here's the stupid part; I spent $10 on a bottle of Lucas Power Steering...
  3. L

Check Engine Light

The Bank 1, Sensor 2 code doesn't necessarily mean the O2 sensor is bad. It means that the signal it's sending to the ECM isn't matching the preset parameters for that particular map. Most likely, the passenger side Cat isn't working up to snuff, or there is an exhaust leak somewhere between the...
  4. L

Painting Bumpers... What type of paint to use???

Most parts stores carry a variety of paints specifically for bumpers, unless you're talking about painting over a chromed piece. That's another ballgame.
  5. L

Chips?

^^ Which are you referring to?
  6. L

Chips?

I've never heard of Fuel-Maxx, but it seems extremely cheap. Volo Performance makes a variety of different chips ranging from a fuel saver to high performance. These are 20 MHZ microprocessors that 'soft flash' the ECM. I've had the FS-2 for a while now and it's everything it's supposed to...
  7. L

Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

Guys, I just joined this forum the other day. My tranny was slipping a bit and I was getting a P1762 code. My transmission experience is limited to changing fluid and filters. After reading this thread, I got up the guts to attempt the band adjustments that were posted. Following Glacier's...
  8. L

Code P1762

Thanks for the input. I know it's either the band itself or the solenoid, just trying to figure out which one.:wtf:
  9. L

Code P1762

Hey all. My '98 4.0 just started throwing a P1762 code. I had a clogged MAF sensor, so it was running a bit rough at idle and was slipping between 2nd & 3rd. I fixed the MAF, it now runs and shifts beautifully. I cleared the codes, but I still get the 1762. Any ideas? Thanks!
Back