Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

5R55W Fluid Fill

Yeah I think your plan looks good. Hand tighten the pan in a criss-cross pattern. I think Mercon V is like Dodge ATF+4, it's all the same stuff. If i remember right I used Castrol Mercon V that I got from Advance Auto. Stinky stuff, just like all ATF. Not as bad as gear oil, though...
  2. R

5R55W Fluid Fill

You won't be able to put as much back in as came out without it running. Fill as much as you can with it off, then start it up and let it run just a bit (doesn't take long to get it up to temp), and pump more in until it wants to run back out. I don't own it anymore but I used this method twice...
  3. R

Transmission jolt when shifting into reverse

After a few drives on the highway it seems that our issue is indeed gone. My wife is impressed with my car fixing skills. Thanks to the members of this forum for the info Rob
  4. R

I bought one for a decent price and am installing it today so we will see if it makes a difference Rob
  5. R

My wife's 06 AWD V6 Mountaineer is having the slamming into reverse issue, and sometimes stumbling/shifting hard on upshifts on the highway. It has 85k miles. I have been changing the fluid and filter every 30k miles like I do on all three of our vehicles. It doesn't have any check engine...
  6. R

Blank radio display 06 Mountaineer

It's now a year later and my display still looks great. Anybody else out there with this problem watch the video link above and you can fix it Rob
  7. R

That link was great! I was able to fix my display last night in about 45 minutes. Hardest part was getting the dash back together. But overall a super easy job. Before with blank display After with bright display Thanks again for the link Rob
  8. R

great thanks man, I will have to give that a try. How long has your fix been holding up? Rob
  9. R

I checked the dimmer control after this first started happening since that is what I thought it was too. But it's set as bright as it will go. The display started not appearing intermittantly and now it has just been gone for a few months. My wife has started bringing it up to me more often now...
  10. R

Anybody else had their radio display go out on their 06+ Explorer or Mountaineer with 6 disc changer? I see it was a common problem on the earlier gens, there is even a site dedictated to fixing them (www.shareamemory.com/radio ). I have searched through that site and online and don't see much...
  11. R

06 Mountaineer won't start, blinking dash light!

Lucked out! Tried it again this morning after letting it chill all night, hoping I could get it running before my wife woke up. At this point she still has no idea her car isn't working lol. No luck. The blinking red light is still mocking me. I start racking my brain trying to figure out if...
  12. R

06 Mountaineer won't start, blinking dash light!

I was checking the trans fluid level on my wife's Mtneer earlier tonight. I took it for a drive and then had it idling in the garage for about 10 minutes. I turned off the engine to clean up tools and got in the car to move it and it won't start. The light on the dash blinks fast. The owner's...
  13. R

5R55W Fluid Fill

I did the change a couple months back on my wife's 06 Mountaineer and everything seemed fine at first but now I have a question. I got out about 5 quarts and put 5 back in, but now on very cold mornings (below 0), the tranny makes an awful whining sound until it warms up. It shifts normal all...
  14. R

Leaking radiator.

Yep cracked radiator on our 06 Mountaineer. I'm glad we bought the platinum extended warranty when we bought it used. Total bill was $500 to get it replaced, only cost me $100 deductible. Rob
  15. R

Leaking radiator.

Looks like we may have the same on our 06 Mountaineer V6. Leak is down near the bottom on the driver side. I can see it with a flashlight on the back side. I just started noticing a little yellow puddle on the garage floor. So you guys have all replaced yours? Think it is something that could be...
  16. R

Wanted Personal Entry Code.

Yeah you have to lay on your back on the door sill and look up in there with a mirror and a flashlight. It's printed on the box in the picture above. Rob
  17. R

Wanted Personal Entry Code.

Sweet I just went out to the garage and used a small mirror and a flashlight to find my code. Cell phone just kept taking black pics and my digital camera was too big to fit in the space. I then looked in the manual to see how to program a code I will remember. Now if (when) my wife locks the...
  18. R

WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr.

The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is (my 06 Mountaineer VIN) :( Rob
  19. R

Fan blowing out of defrost vents, won't shut off?

I found this thread from a Google search so I signed up. My wife's 2006 Mercury Mountaineer was doing the same thing. Using the post above I was able to find the oem Ford part on eBay for $60 shipped and confirmed it with the seller and jhard (thanks jhard) that I had the correct part. Installed...
Back