Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Luggage area light

Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I'm going to have another look now...
  2. D

Luggage area light

Thats a good site...as you said its hard to see why that light alone is staying on looking at tbe diagram, I'm wondering if its getting a small backfeed from somewhere, maybe there's a bad earth somewhere and as its such a low wattage bulb.... Cheers
  3. D

Luggage area light

Thanks for the link Ill have a look, yeah the wife says it eventually does go out, ( I dont use it much) but it is a bit strange...
  4. D

Luggage area light

Aah ok must be a fault somewhere ,might just have to pull the bulb...thanks
  5. D

Luggage area light

Hi, the luggage area light is staying on all the time, does anyone know where its controlled from? I cant see any switches near the tailgate recess... Cheers,Dean
  6. D

Idle problem.

Cleaned it out as best I could with some crc, Ill see how it goes...thanks again for the help..
  7. D

Idle problem.

That was it, took it off and cleaned the inside with a rag as much as i could, time will tell now I guess, the voltage and resistance was as per the manual....Is that an adjuster on the outside of it ?..didn't seem to affect anything when I moved it..cheers,Dean just read the cleaning link you...
  8. D

Idle problem.

Thanks,I think i saw that between the manifold branches, I'll have to take the cover off again and look...
  9. D

Idle problem.

Hi, 1997 SOHC ,I've been trying to find the IAC, if I have one, after reading here it may need cleaning..I pulled off the intake hose between the air cleaner and the throttle body, is the item in the pic i'm pointing at the IAC? or possible the alloy piece before this on the air box?...the...
  10. D

Tighten your caliper bracket bolts!

Lost the top bolt on my front left caliper and discovered it as the wife was backing out the driveway with the kids on the school run, nasty noise. Brake job with new tyres last year so I blame them...strange tho as the lug nuts were so tight my rattle gun wouldn't touch them had to use a long...
  11. D

Windscreeen rubber

aah ok, that's probably what I have seen used and thought it was silicone...cheers :-)
  12. D

Windscreeen rubber

Thanks for that, I had to look up urethane glues, not really heard of it here , but I see Selleys makes some, so Ill try that, :)
  13. D

Windscreeen rubber

This is a bit of a strange one, the rubber around the windscreen keeps popping out, tried some contact adhesive for it but, might have to use a good amount of silicone? Actually put it back in this morning, it was out from the center of the screen at the top to the fender, and a few hours later...
  14. D

Door ding even with key removed

Mine started doing it recently, key out door chiming away, removed the blue connector from the switch and tucked it own where it cant contact anything, all quiet now..! Thanks for the info
  15. D

Keyless entry problem and window control

And it ends up being Fuse 10 under the hood, 30A does the locks and the windows, all ok now....neither the handbook or manual i have tells you what fuse controls the windows...
  16. D

Thanks Ill try all that.....
  17. D

Thanks for the reply, does battery disconnection do any resetting in these vehicles?
  18. D

Have a problem this morning, due I think to the fob button being hit a couple of times while doors were open, in that now the locks aren't working automatically from the fob, tho it still chirps as if they are, and the windows all stopped working.....Is there a good explanation of how the...
  19. D

"Overdrive Off" light flashing

My newly purchased 97 was putting the flashing light on during highway running, and was shifting pretty 'sloppily".I cleared the light flashing once by clearing the codes with a cheap reader, but when it came back on again I did the band adjustment as per the details here, and this seems to have...
  20. D

Fitting CD changer to a 97

Thanks ,sounds like I'd better make sure about what Ive got and what will work...
  21. D

aah ok, cheers...
  22. D

yeah no cabling there unfortunately...
  23. D

no gap....
  24. D

I wouldn't know the differences in the consoles, only seen mine, Ill take a pic and post here...need to find if there's any wiring in the console for the changer also, cant see any so far...cheers
  25. D

97 XLT in Australia without a CD Changer....I could get a stock one off ebay etc, but there doesn't seem to be much room in the console under the armrest area even when the coin holder is removed, looking at the units' shape I've seen for sale.......How did you access the changer to change the...
Back