Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Problem with 5.0 manual M5R2 swap clutch won't disengage

Hey, no worries. Assuming everything else is correct with your master and slave cylinders, fluids, and such, There are two things that come to mind. One is the same issue I had with the pressure plate to flywheel bolts. The bolts I used had washers and the clutch I used specifically stated not...
  2. O

Glad to be back, but I have some issues

Sounds good. I'll try to be sure I check back here Saturday. Wish you luck with shift linkage. On a side note, if you're after lift, I was after a few more inches with my stock SUA (on a ranger) setup so I modified the leaf pack to use a combo of expo and f150 springs. I cut the eyes off of the...
  3. O

Glad to be back, but I have some issues

I wish you luck with the fuel filter. I actually broke my connection by accident thinking I had to pull the plastic insert out like many others. instead, this was supposed to be pressed inward. Weird. As far as the 4406 shift linkage, I am sure you already know the model year range to pick it...
  4. O

OBX Header Install complete - only issue needing help on

Vroom, wanted to thank you for recommending the remflex gaskets and the 1 inch bolts and supplying their respective links. I see why you recommended that gasket. I just installed my OBX clones as well and I can see where they help out a lot. On my first test drive I expected smoke from the...
  5. O

These are the writeups I'm talking about. If the OBX's are true clones of TorqueMonster's fitment-wise, these writeups should prove helpful. V8BoatBuilder: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/torque-monster-headers-installation-writeup-and-review.129083/ MountaineerGreen...
  6. O

Any luck? I have a set on the way as well with a similar 2000/yr application. Also, on your other issue with the passsnger side fitment, was lifting that side of the motor as described in other writeups not applicable?
  7. O

What are these plastic strips called???

I am a big fan of the 2nd gen roof rack. I like its low profile. Not sure how much difference there is between a 1st and 2nd gen though. If you have a pic, I would be interested to see. I don't have the "slat strips" installed yet, but I will soon.
  8. O

I am actually good now. Thanks! I just received mine in the mail yesterday. Now I am off to find properly sized and colored silicone hoses to replace all of my vacuum lines. Hopefully I will be able to find what I need to do it this weekend. Much appreciated
  9. O

Much appreciated.. Pay it forward!! I am just glad I could finally order them. Stupid how much effort it took me to just to end up empty handed until I came here.
  10. O

Wow.. I'm searching for a week, and over night, this forum has provided the answers I've needed. Thanks, lobo411!! **Thanks to Lobo411, I was able to locate the "roof rack center slats". They can be found at the link below in custom sizes, with a bunch of other roof rack stuff as well...
  11. O

Seriously, it should not be this difficult for anyone to find these frickin things, but here I am, stuck. It has been impossible for me to properly identify these plastic wear slide strips enough to actually locate them for purchase. Please, for the love of whatever floats your boat, what are...
  12. O

My partial Explorer Express supercharger kit install

Hey, Devon? Really could use those photo's you posted earlier. Can't see them anymore.. You out there?
  13. O

xploder98.. You by chance able to take measurements of the distance from the EE plenum to the first and last lips of the pulley? This is a CAD of the "Arrowhead" top plate. -Red = original unmodified section of the Explorer Express top plate -Blue = modified section to house the original 3...
  14. O

!! And you're frickin helpin out your boys on the explorer forum at the same time ?! HAHA Awesome dude, no problem.
  15. O

Devon, can you by chance tell me the distance from the EE plenum to the first and last points of the charger pulley? I want to start by seeing the snout length difference between the tbird m90 vs the EE m90. I'm thinking they'll be fairly close if not the same. Only thing that'll really change...
  16. O

Vroomzoomboom, you mention that you have the installation guide. The one that was sent to me was 10 pages long with the addition of the previously posted supplemental information and stickers. Is yours the same number of pages? I went ahead and took pics of all the pages and put them together...
  17. O

Here are a couple of other tidbits that may be useful for those who can use it. The belt routing should be generally obvious for the stock EE setup, but I am posting it here so we all can grab the image to modify for illustration if needed.
  18. O

Vroom, really glad you chimed in. I think we picked up our kits around the same time, I just haven't been able to get to it until now. Your info is a great resource and thanks for posting all that you did. I am not sure I know who Devon is by name. Does he have a tbird m90 on his application...
  19. O

Wow, that is awesome. Really appreciate you taking the time to snap the shots and draw it out like that. I get to play with the computer a bit so I may try and recreate what you have done with numbers and such so I can try to answer every imagineable question possible. Really cool man, thanks!
  20. O

5.0 manual sport front end?

Do it. I used an 03 f150 m5r2, but I believe it is the 01-03 year range m5r2 tranny that is needed as it places the top shifter right in the stock location for a ranger / explorer. I also used the Core / Hurst short throw shifter for mine. If you talk to the owner, he will supply you with an...
  21. O

Dave also supplied me with the CAD design of the top plate as well which I intend to modify. The top plate inlet hole will be at the rear instead of the front and smaller to reflect that of the stock 3.8 upper plenum outlet. No other holes will be in the plenum for the sensors or the bypass...
  22. O

Hey all. Well it has been a long long time since I have really been on the boards. It is cool to see the v8 swaps and mods still going. A lot more people are paying so much more attention to the newer stuff that the traffic just isn’t the same here on these boards (95-01) as it used to be...
  23. O

1950 Ford F1 Pickup (flatbed) on 5.0L AWD 1998 Explorer Frame and Chasis

Had to post so I could subscribe. I can really appreciate what you are doing here. Good stuff! Are you going to be keeping that "3 on the tree" feel, using the stock steering wheel for the body, or are you going with a modern feel for the interior?
  24. O

4406 swap question

Lol, no kidding. Well, as it stands, I am mega glad this all came through the way it did, lessons and all. She's running beautifully now. It's a subtle difference but it's noticeable, especially in the top end. The tranny builder told me to be nice the first few hundred miles. Also, I went...
  25. O

4406 swap question

So the shaft shop gave me a break. Instead of paying $200 for the work he just did, then another 50 + 85 for the yoke and the joint, and then another 200 for the resizing of the shaft itself due to the new yoke, instead only asked for $250, then gave me $20 back. Said I had a good attitude (I...
Back