Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Went and picked up the Platinum last night!!!

I wish I had 50 grand to spare for a new vehicle.
  2. X

2" wheel spacers

I've had 50mm spacers on my 2nd gen explorer for 7 years now. No issues on the bearings.
  3. X

My Explorer Overheated

This thread was started in 2011. Are all these documented overheating issues been fixed in the later years, 2014-2016?
  4. X

Engine diagram

Oh, thanks for the offer Mike. I may take a few pics myself. The ones I need to know for now. :)
  5. X

Buying 4th Gen Explorer

5th gen are becoming available under $20k. Would that be a better buy than the 4th gen?
  6. X

Engine diagram

Does anyone have an engine diagram for the 4.0 SOHC that shows emission lines, fuel lines, a/c lines, etc.? The regular manual does not go in depth enough. Thanks!
  7. X

Potential 2006 Explorer Purchase

When shopping for 2008 model, how can you tell between older 2008.5 vs. newer 2008.5?
  8. X

metal thermostat housing soon available for v6 2005+ engine

Any other place to get those clipped sensors besides the junkyard? I don't have any junkyard area I could check in my area.
  9. X

metal thermostat housing soon available for v6 2005+ engine

The title of this thread is throwing me off.... is this available for a '97 Explorer 4.0 SOHC?
  10. X

Thermostat Housing Replacement

I know ebay sells the upper portion in metal. Do you know if anyone else sells these with everything metal?
  11. X

Thermostat Housing Replacement

Do I need to remove the intake manifold to replace the Thermostat Housing below? Or am I good with just removing the throttle body? (ignore the arrows - google image)
  12. X

2008 Explorer XLT Cloth to Leather seat swap out

MotorCityFats13 :thumbsup:
  13. X

Buying 4th Gen Explorer

omg V8 is rare apparently. Can't find one within 150 miles of me.
  14. X

Stic-o' 2016 Explorer

So jealous.
  15. X

X~Factor's Page

That is the color. lol
  16. X

Couple pics of my lowered 2wd sport

You need AT LEAST 25mm spacers. Those wheels are too tucked in! That or lose those fender flairs.
  17. X

Help with torsion twist

your rear leaf springs might be sagging. so its unusually low.
  18. X

Buying 4th Gen Explorer

I'm not looking to add a sound system so I'm good there. I might add a pair of driving lights. Any other problems I should be looking for? Any upgrades on later years, like tranny that superinstaller mentioned?
  19. X

Buying 4th Gen Explorer

Hello. :) My '97 (bought new) is nearing its end. :( It is time for a replacement. I'm looking at 4th gen. Is there any particular year that is less troublesome than the other? V6 or V8? What to look for (common issues) when shopping for these? Thanks! :salute:
  20. X

For Sale 2006 Ford Explorer XLT So Cal

I wish you were in the east coast!!!!
  21. X

Wanted Sport Trac in NJ/NY/PA

Anyone selling a well running Sport Trac near Allentown PA for cheap? Prefer something close to stock as possible. Thanks! Ray 516-375-7899
  22. X

Wanted Flowmaster 50 or 70 or Magnaflow 18"

Please text me if you have any of these. 516-375-7899 Price shipped to Allentown PA 18103. 2.25" center in/out or 2.5" center in/out Flowmaster 50 or 70 or Magnaflow 18"
  23. X

1.25" wheel adapters/spacers....pros and cons?

Knowing what I know now, I should've bought spacers as my first mod. lol
  24. X

Explorer weight loss program

You can gut the rear hatch to go from stock 60 lbs. to 35 lbs. if you got 4x4, get rid of it and go 4x2 and lose over 100 lbs.! BTW, that gas tank shield weighs over 50 lbs! its worth getting rid of it.
Back