Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Engine diagram

Does anyone have an engine diagram for the 4.0 SOHC that shows emission lines, fuel lines, a/c lines, etc.? The regular manual does not go in depth enough. Thanks!
  2. X

Thermostat Housing Replacement

Do I need to remove the intake manifold to replace the Thermostat Housing below? Or am I good with just removing the throttle body? (ignore the arrows - google image)
  3. X

Buying 4th Gen Explorer

Hello. :) My '97 (bought new) is nearing its end. :( It is time for a replacement. I'm looking at 4th gen. Is there any particular year that is less troublesome than the other? V6 or V8? What to look for (common issues) when shopping for these? Thanks! :salute:
  4. X

Wanted Sport Trac in NJ/NY/PA

Anyone selling a well running Sport Trac near Allentown PA for cheap? Prefer something close to stock as possible. Thanks! Ray 516-375-7899
  5. X

Wanted Flowmaster 50 or 70 or Magnaflow 18"

Please text me if you have any of these. 516-375-7899 Price shipped to Allentown PA 18103. 2.25" center in/out or 2.5" center in/out Flowmaster 50 or 70 or Magnaflow 18"
  6. X

Front Overfenders

Is there an aftermarket company for Front Overfenders for the 2nd Gen?
  7. X

Wanted 20" wheels and tires (NJ)

Looking to change things out for my "street" truck. So I am looking for a set of 20" wheels with decent all season tires. Local pick up preferred (NJ 07747).
  8. X

ding ding ding ding

Please help me locate Where that dinging sound is coming from. My ignition key cylinder is malfunctioning and that dinging sound won't stop. It's the one that dings when you left you left your key in the ignition and the driverside door is open.
  9. X

Mercon V Alternative?

Would this be acceptable as a replacement to Mercon V? It is the only national brand ATF available at my Walmart store.
  10. X

Stock Hub Sizes

I'm trying to find new wheels for my 97. What is the center hub sizes? Is it different front to back? Thanks!!!
  11. X

What are these wirings for?

Doing some spring cleaning. :D What are these box and wirings for? Are they related to the stereo system? Can I remove them?
  12. X

Push Button Start

Does anyone know or have done to convert to a push button start and a flip up ignition switch? Also, how to remove the steering wheel lock. Thanks.
  13. X

Removing Gas Tank "Shield"

I am trying to remove the shield that covers the gas tank. Does this shield actually holding up the gas tank or is it possible to remove the shield and not have the gas tank hang down? Thanks.
  14. X

Rear Tailgate Replacement

Does anyone know the part number for the rear tailgate or hatch? Or the correct terminology for it? I have been searching auto parts online and can't find one.
  15. X

Heater Control Unit Issues

On my AC/Heater Control Unit the fan switch only works with either off or high fan setting, nothing in between. Also the AC/heater knob blows only the defrost setting no matter which way I turn the knob. I have already replaced the AC / Heater Control Unit. What other parts can I replace to...
  16. X

HU not turning on. '97 XLT 4.0 SOHC

My factory JBL headunit is not turning on. I have replaced the headunit twice. What is the common culprit when this happens? What else could it possibly be?
  17. X

Wiring up high beams with low beams

I want the high beams to turn on with my low beams when I push forward and lock the lever. I know I could when I pull and "flash" the lever but I want it to stay locked. Has anyone done this yet?
  18. X

1999 4.0 SOHC vs. 1997 4.0 SOHC

What is the difference between 1999 4.0 SOHC and 1997 4.0 SOHC engine? Reason I am asking is because I found aftermarket headers for a '99-'01 4.0 SOHC but not for '95-'97. I was wondering if it will technically bolt up to the engine and fit in the engine bay.
  19. X

Wanted heater blower with A/C delete & front fenders

Looking for a new or used parts for a 4-door '97 4.0 sohc. Heater blower with A/C delete Both front fenders Rear hatch Will drive within 100 miles of NJ 07747 for pick up. Please text me if you have any info - 516-375-7899 Thanks, Ray
  20. X

SOHC Headers of Choice

SOHC Headers to Tailpipe Replacement My '97 has exhaust leak everywhere. I'm looking to replace the entire system including running the CATS as I have emission in NJ. What is everyone running to replace the OEM exhaust system from headers to tailpipe?
  21. X

4x4 to 2WD. What to do with Transfer Case?

It has been 5 years since I ditched the front axle on my 4WD, however, the transfer case is still intact and just dead weight at this point. Is there a simple way to remove this completely? Will I need longer driveshaft? Thanks!
  22. X

Wanted '97 front fenders and hatch door

'97 front fenders, tailgate, catalyctic converter, LSD Hello, I have a '97 XLT 4-door. I'm looking for the following: Both front fenders (no holes for flares) Rear Tailgate or Hatch Both Tail Lights Rear Diff with Limited Slip Both catalytic converters Will drive up to 100...
  23. X

AC hard lines to rubber hose

Is it possible to replace an A/C hard lines to a rubber hose, cheaply? I'm relocating the A/C lines and want to use rubber hose. I'm looking at how to go about doing this without spending an arm a leg for A/C fittings. Thanks.
  24. X

Pipe bender recommendations

I've seen some impressive work here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99820 I was wondering what you guys use to bend pipes so cleanly and precisely. Is there one pipe bender that can bend pipes from 1" to 2.5" pipe that can be used from exhaust pipes to custom rollcage...
  25. X

Removing Body Mounts Permanently

This might be a crazy idea but here it is anyway. :D In pursuit of going lower would it be a good idea to remove all the body mounts and weld the chassis to body of the cab permanently, similar to a car setup. I see 1"-2" drop under there. Is this crazy or is this doable? Pros and cons?
Back