Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Radio LED display fix!!!

The tool is like 5 bucks.
  2. G

Check your rear brake lines!

Mine blew out twice. 1st time it (brake fluid) leaked out over night and the brake was dead the next day. Meineke did the repair, replaced one side of the tubing. 2nd time was while making an emergency stop, pressure loss. Luckily an accident could have been avoided. Now I know I should check...
  3. G

Why I Cancelled My Order...

It finished way behind the durango in a recent comparison. Not good. Something about torque steer.
  4. G

What are your 2011 Ex MPG's?

I would expect atleast above mid teens..
  5. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

I remember when ford wanted to 'probe' the 'mustang', front wheel drive and all. The probe been long dead and the 'mustang', oh lord the 'mustang'........:thumbsup: I am certain at some point the 'probe' was a good idea on paper.
  6. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

The eco 6 would have been nice. Its like ford using the 3.5 in the taurus vs the 3.7, the 3.7 would have had it on par with pretty much everything in its class. They spent so much money to create a slug as if its the taurus's destinty to die a thousand deaths. Btw, the taurus can go...
  7. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Holy batman,... batman!
  8. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

And there I was hoping for the new mustang drive train. I could just imagine how nice the #s 5.0 would look on the fenders.
  9. G

My 98 V8 Daily driver, Gas sipper, stock for now.

Purpose built!:thumbsup:
  10. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

They should have kept it rear wheel drive.
  11. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Big V8, rear wheel drive, body on frame?
  12. G

My 98 V8 Daily driver, Gas sipper, stock for now.

Cant wait to see what it's become.
  13. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Maybe they'll change its name to Taurus X and then make a real Explorer.:D
  14. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Precisely on the engine giving the 30% increase and not aero. I wonder what advantages the sideways engine, supposing, affords the explorer.
  15. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

V6 mustang... faster?!?..
  16. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Looks like it will have less cargo than the present escape.
  17. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Definetly not the jeep. Atleast not the v8 powered, rear driven, irs sprung jeep.
  18. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

The Expedition EL replaced the Excursion, since the Expedition is way older than the Excursion. I don't get it. All the fuel (which equals money) that the new family or Eco boost is suppose to save us, we are gonna put the money right back into the purchase price. Should one pay the money...
  19. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

Singular headlight per side. I would have preferred dual beam, seperate high and low. Light holes; hole that lights are set into.:)
  20. G

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

I was hoping the engine would've been shoed in right, so later down the road the 5.0 could be added as a special edition. The Explorer 'Storm' would sound right. I like the look of this new one but would prefer if it had more light holes.
  21. G

Eddie Bauer for 2011???

I am sure they'll add a Titatium edition later on down the line. I wonder what they'll call the special run of eco-boost v6s'. SHO?
  22. G

Radio LED display fix!!!

There small solder fractures on the board. The solders on the leg of the resistors is the problem. Its best to go over each and every one with a solder gun. Look at them with a magnifying glass and you will see.
  23. G

Replacing Factory Subwoofer...

I couldnt find the kicker, jl nor exclipse so I went about looking at specs. I then found one matching the requirements with a name I was not famialr with but was so cheap I could not lose to try. Bought it and it worked fine. Now I dont have to listen to any of the usual sounds my Ex make...
  24. G

I replaced the sub today and now its sounding like the good old days.:thumbsup: The sub I got even matched all the original screw holes perfectly.
  25. G

I will assume that the 8 incher is a 4 ohm(er) also. Are the 6.5 single voice coil?
Back