Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2013 Ford Explorer Sport HID mod

What did you do, try to modifly an XLT to look like a sport?
  2. J

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

It just needs some getting used to, coming out of an xlt, the acceleration is so much different. Although it isnt the high end fast BMW, my wife has the 328xi, and after driving my sport, i would say the speed is very close.
  3. J

Sport 36 months 10,500 miles( i gave my 2 yr lease back with 8k UNDER) I still think i got a great deal 425 a month for a 48k vehicle with practically nada down.
  4. J

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

Ive had my White Sport for about a week, just about loaded i think i dont have a tow kit or 3rd row power but i didnt need that crap. After coming from an old sport to an '11 XLT, i gotta say that this thing drives and handles like a car. Is it fast? Yea, but keep in mind, most people who buy...
  5. J

Picking up my Sport this morning!

Goodfellaz, i haggled with every ford dealer in our area, northern NJ and wound up picking it up at Jersey City, they had a few in stock. They were by far the cheapest also, think it might be because its an urban enterprise zone. They went almost 7k off sticker(after being an annoying #######...
  6. J

Ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport through ENCS

Just picked my White Sport up last night, it is pretty bad ass. It was dirty when i test drove it, but when they cleaned it up and pulled it out at night it looked mean. IDK if these are worth 50k, but i am def impressed so far.
  7. J

Maybe i am just not used to it yet, but the acceleration pulls my steering wheel to one side, do i just have to get used to it because im coming out of an xlt? Stepped on the gas and it pulled me into another lane
  8. J

Picked up my Sport last night, was at the friggin dealer for 7 hours. $425 a month, out of pocket $850 taxes and first months payment. $47895 MSRP. I think i got a pretty good deal.
  9. J

Help with 2013 Explorer Sport lease!!

I know Canada is different but $936 a month as a lease payment probably gets you into $100k car here. That is crazy
  10. J

Sorry TOS_XSport, the Cobb got stuck in my head.
  11. J

Sport Cobb, how does your Sports acceleration compare to the BMW? Wife currently has a 328 and i was assuming, although 2 completely different vehicles, that the sport may move almost as well as hers.
  12. J

Nice, thanks. What was the MSRP on yours? I am in the 460 range including taxes on a 47765 MSRP, 0 down. But seems dealers are not willing to move much on these because of limited quantities in my area. I am assuming they are just selling them to people walking in saying yea ill take it for 500...
  13. J

My 2013 Explorer Sport Birth Certificate

Is anyone leasing theirs? I am in negotiations now and wanted to see what others are paying, let me know please
  14. J

Ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport 1-12-13

What are you paying for it? I am trying to negotiate one now, leasing, buying? Sell price? Any info would help, thanks
  15. J

sorry MSRP on XLT was 41
  16. J

Once again thanks for the info, the MSRP on my initial XLT was around and the Sport is around 47. I think the residual is higher on the xlt though. I am going to see how low in the 4s they will actually go.
  17. J

Sorry, i didnt even realize you were in Canada. Anyway, here in the US that would be a little crazy.
  18. J

Actually looked at a 2013 limited with 49k MSRP the other day, guy was down to 495 with 0 down, 36 months, 12k miles. I still walked out because i really dont want the limited.
  19. J

$507 a month with that kind of money out of pocket seems like absolute insanity. Been to several dealers looking at cars close to or at 50k and they say payments in the 500s, i laugh at them. Regardless of what they give you as far as payment they will make money, thats a given. I would never...
  20. J

Do i need to calculate the lease rate into something to figure out what my payments should be? And do you know if dealers are flexible off of these calculated payments or once you negotiate the sell price, this equation is used and thats it?
  21. J

What are you guys paying for the Sport? Lease wise. I am currently trying to negotiate one but i am curious to see what others are paying. Any info would be appreciated, thanks
  22. J

Thanks a lot, do i use the MRM for MSRP instead of the sticker price which is 47915? And how do i use the interest rate in calculating? Also, do you know what Fords bank fee is? Thanks for your help
  23. J

I currently have an '11 XLT pretty loaded, traded in an '01 Sport i pretty much had to push into the dealer, however, they wrote down they gave me 3k for it. With that, i paid the first month payment and reg fees and walked out at 367 a month for 24 months. Now my lease is up and i am looking...
  24. J

Any way to get better gas mileage?

I am pretty handy, however i have never done any auto work but i see the amounts that these "mechanics" charge for this stuff. What would be the best way to teach myself how to do my own maintenance, etc?
  25. J

Any way to get better gas mileage?

What of all of that is necessary and how much roughly would it cost?
Back