Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to: Pull trouble codes on 4WABS, very simple

Some good info and the link works...I will add this I disabled the ABS about 2 years ago pulled the 30 amp fuse...I didn't like the pulsing on hard stops...naturally the ABS light came on and went off when the fuse was put back in 2 years ago...Now 2 years latter the light wont go off with the...
  2. B

How to: Pull trouble codes on 4WABS, very simple

Photos & video OK I'm going to add photos & video to this thread...I have a code 17 need help with that... I had an ABS light on so I took photos and video Hopefully it will help someone and someone can help me... The connector is located here Here the cap is off and I pulled it away...
  3. B

How do you reset ABS light

I too am having ABS issues light stays on is there a how to get codes...I see an old sticky on top of this forum but ALL the photos have been removed makes it very difficult to follow....Thanks Bruce
  4. B

Stripped torque converter less then 1 year after rebuild ???

Do you know any way to clear it at home I did disconnect the battery to reset the computer??? I am guessing that 256th good self-test is after hitting the brake pedal 256 times??? thanks
  5. B

Well did 150 miles yesterday..Trany went OK I'm not used to lock-up, before rebuild never had lock-up, but it's OK just have to get used to it. It does seem to hang in lock-up longer then it should. I read that if you tap the brakes lock-up should release something, like cruse control, but it...
  6. B

TPS was just changed this past winter, Computer was replaced about 3-4 years ago at dealer with new. I read that when you apply brake the TC should disengage it doesn't. Now I did the brake about 2 years ago had an issue with ABS it would engage just before a stop and the pedal would pump not a...
  7. B

James, Thank you for your reply.. I just got the truck back yesterday they told me the spines stripped out?? I didn't see it and asked if there was any concern of a repeat what caused it in the first place..got the answer these happen sometime (but rare) it (T.C.) could have been rebuilt a few...
  8. B

Quick story 93X 2WD A4LD had 178,500 miles. Got a total transmission rebuild just under a year ago 9-3-13. Had a 1 yr./12,000 mile warranty. Any way to the quick stopped at red light went to accelerate went about 10 feet maybe got to 5-10 mph and nothing no warning like a chain broke on a bike...
  9. B

Need Fasteners for running board 93 X HELP

Thank you I booked marked it.... This forum is great...I went to autozone to see what they had...Just a few generic stuff...ask them if they had a source where to find them (other then dealer) and got that blank stare....I said ahhh i'll just go home and ask my forum buddies.... This place is...
  10. B

Well thank you I believe I found what I need, Placed a order hope it's the rite stuff...Thanks Bruce
  11. B

OK got a 93 X the running board was lose had just about all the upper long plastic fasteners broken off...So I took off the running board for repair...Now I can’t find the fasteners...The round rivet type mite not be too bad to find but the long rectangular one mite be a little more difficult...
  12. B

1991 Ex cranks but doesnt start...HELP 911

:popcorn: Tired of :banghead: Time to get :bdrunk: enjoy the game :chug: .
  13. B

1991 Ex cranks but doesnt start...HELP 911

:popcorn: I'm still watching this thread with interest.... How many $$$ did you put up so far... Maybe the dealer would have been better in the long run... Take it to a dealer spend the $150 for a diagnosis... Wishing you luck
  14. B

Changing steering gear box ... special tool for P.S. lines???

Actually, didn't notice any change. Steering wasn't the issue, I blew a seal in the box and fluid was poring out the pitman arm. I mean it's a 93 with about 185 K miles on it so it was a little loose. The new box didn't change a thing but there's a lot of other joints that wear for loosness...
  15. B

Seafoam

I'm sitting back watching this also..... Sorry I can't add any help...But... I'm hoping you get her fixed... .
  16. B

Seafoam

A little mileage..my 93X was getting around 13-14 around town. I just went on a 2,000 mile trip a few weeks ago. First tank thought my gauge wasn't working. Turns out on the highway I am getting close to 20 mpg I never expected that much. Now I'm back home and it's back to 13-14 mpg...
  17. B

Well I got the job done but it wasn't easy...I could not get the pitmarm arm off on my back..I took it off at the drag arm and needed a ball joint fork..then I was able to drop the gear box w/pitman arm still attached..then I beated on the puller with a 3 lb hammer for a 1/2 hr. and it finally...
  18. B

Thanks got that taken care of NOW it's the Pitman Arm wont come off. I got the nut off got the puller on (loaner from A.Z.) tighten it to the point I broke one wrench and beating on it the best I can with a 3 lb. hammer. I feel like I got beat up by a kick boxer. It ant budging. Think I need a...
  19. B

OK I see it now I'm getting the picture. I would think they mite have it like a 6 point I would worry about rounding off the nuts. Any body know what size they are standard or metric. Hate to spend the bucks for both rite now. Things are tight. Thanks for the fast reply...going off to...
  20. B

I got a 93 X and I’m down, is there a special tool or what tool should I use to get the 2 fluid lines off. I got a brake wrench but don’t have any room to use it also the wrench is 5/8 but seems just a little sloppy is it a metric size. I think I’m good on the rest, I got the set bolt out of...
  21. B

Steering gear box leaking...How much $$$ to repair.

It happened all of a sudden. Only thing I can think I was backing a utility trailer into my back yard and had it hard turned over in reverse. I think maybe that blew the seal never had a leak before yesterday. Woke up this morning and saw a BIG puddle under the truck. I will report back how it...
  22. B

Thanks Brian, that eases my pain a little and gives me some ammo for the shop. So you don't think they have to pull the box. Is that space above the Pitman Arm normal. It just looks to me that the arm dropped a bit. Would a bad seal cause that drop or is maybe something else worn. I do, do...
  23. B

Hey I got a leaking steering gear box at the pitman arm on my 93 X. This doesn't look like something I want to tackle on my own in the driveway on my back. Anyone got some ideas what I mite expect to pay in a shop. Seems to me you can get a new box for about $150.00 and don’t really know how...
  24. B

Power Window Motor I'm Stumped HELP **update more details**

I believe it is a thermal breaker in the motor that stops the motor when you raise and lower it to it's full position. I had to bang on the door also I believe it was binding in the full down position due to ware. I wound up changing out the scissor motor mechanism my passenger side. I did the...
  25. B

Trailer Plug Connector for 93X which one???

Thanks Todd....It would help if these stock photos showed you the inside pin pattern... I just ordered it I will be sure and post with photos when it comes... Thanks again .
Back