Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Front Brake Pins with Rubber Sleeves

Been a while since I checked the thread. The rubber sleeves were both swollen so I opted to yank the sleeves off as I just could not get them to seat right without binding in the caliper. The brakes do seem to perform well, but I can tell you I get a tremendous amount of brake dust from...
  2. S

2005 Seat Heater Replacement Options?

Hey guys, the driver's seat heater on my wife's 2005 Sport Trac has gone on the fritz. The passenger side works fine. The light on the driver's seat illuminates. I knew it was on its way out as it sometimes would not work, but if you shifted your butt a certain way it would come back...
  3. S

2005 Ford Explorer cabin air filter location?

I have not checked my 05 Sport Trac, but the air is flowing fine, so I have not been concerned. I had a similar problem on a 93 Grand Am GT. I ended up removing the blower motor under the hood, and removed the blower resistor so it did not get damaged. I then sprayed orange degreaser down...
  4. S

The second link looks like them, but it is odd as they show four sleeves in the picture. If you look at the pins on the left, those are the ones that accept the rubber sleeves, the ones on the right do not, so it would only be two sleeves. I have found other posts on google asking the same...
  5. S

Thanks. Boots yes, they are all in place, but one slider pin on each side has a rubber sleeve covering about a third of the pin when you pull it out of the housing. The pins (top and bottom) are different as one looks like a standard pin, and the other is milled down to accomodate this...
  6. S

Hey guys, I was servicing the front brakes on our new (used) 2005 Sport Trac. I didn't pay attention when pulling out the pins, but now realize the caliper pins are different. One has a rubber sleeve on it. Looking at the driver side caliper, and anyone tell me if the pin with the rubber...
  7. S

Saying Hi from Toronto

Just picked up a 2005 Sport Trac as a winter vehicle when my Mustang comes off the road. Looking forward to doing some reading on the site.
Back