Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

thinking its time to sell the old girl

i am thinking about selling my 99 sport i have picked up a 2010 f150 and the explorer isn't getting the love it needs looking for 2000 or best offer. it's in durham NC right now let me know if any one would be intrested
  2. E

transmission question

I am working on a friends 97 truck has 230,000 on it and the trans is shot, looking for a replacement and some are saying with O/D sensor and with out. when i looked at the trans in the truck i found the sensor but nothing was plugged into it and it looks like it had been that way for a while...
  3. E

thermostat housing

I have done a search and can't find an answer, i might be searching wrong i just replaced the lower thermostat housing on my 99 sohc motor all that i was able to get was the one for the 2002 and newer that only has one temp sensor in it but has the spot for a second one just need to know if...
  4. E

auto trans help

i blew the trans in my 99 sport with the sohc motor and the 5r55e trans, i got a 5r55e from a junk yard and it was out of a 97 every time i get the trans locked up against the motor i can't spin the crank, but if i loosen the bell housing bolts i can spin the crank with a ratchet is there a diff...
  5. E

spring swap meet raceway park

it's time again for the spring swap meet at raceway park. sat april 18 i was planning going no matter what just figured i would see if people wanted to meet up here's a link for more info http://www.etownraceway.com/main/09events/springswap09.pdf
  6. E

exhaust questions

after doing some wheeling the other night i have to replace the tail pipe on my truck it's a 99 sport i am just looking for opinions should i just replace the tail pipe or do an after market exhaust system. if you were to go after market what brand would u go with
  7. E

fuel line problems

today i tried to change the fuel pump sending unit but the quick release connection at the tank was all rusted and had to use picks to pull the spring retainer out of the fitting in the process i deformed the fitting, now it won't fit on to the hard line coming from the pump. need to get the...
  8. E

power steering

i am looking for a replacement high pressure power steering line everything that I have gotten from the local part stores is nothing like what is in the truck does any one have any ideas where i can get one or pics of what they have in there truck so i can use that as a ref to get the right one...
  9. E

SAS time

after reading around on all the different wright ups on SAS's i am getting ready to start mine, i have a d44 and 9 inch out of a 67 bronco i am looking to go with coils on my 99 sport just wondering from people that have done coil front's what springs should i go with, something from an EB or a...
  10. E

spring options

i have a d44 and a ford 9 inch out of an Early Bronco i am trying to decide what springs to use on the front axle, do i go coil like the bronco or leaf like i have seen a lot of people do on their second gen explorers
  11. E

what tires to get

i am in the market for a new set of tires for my truck i am looking to get another set of 33x12.5 r15's just want to get some opinion's of other drivers here on and what types of tires are being used, i am thinking of going with a set of mud terrain's but most of my driving is on the street
  12. E

raceway park NJ swapmeet and car schow

April 17th which is a saturday just wanted to see who all would want to make it to this little show, i know the ones who have made it before have had a good time, it's nothing too big but a good time by all. let me know who is intrested in going
  13. E

leaf springs

I am looking to put a set of 4door leaf springs, and different junk yards I have called keep asking me what spring code, I just wanted to know the difference between the different springs, and what ones I should use
  14. E

factory sub

I was just wondering what wires I would have to use to get a factory sub to work in my first gen, got the sub and amp out of a wreck, I know the power but the control line in to the amp do I run that at speaker levle or off the rca jacks from the after market radio. I know there are 3 wires...
  15. E

trans fluid

I have a 99 sport with 53,000 miles on the auto trans, don't know when the fluid was changed last, I know I need mercon 5 but I want to get as much of the old fluid out. I was wondering if there was a drain plug on the Torque Converter when I pull the trans pan and change the trans filter
  16. E

front end squeek

after my last off-road venture I now have a nasty squeek from the front end on the passanger side, not sure if it's comming from the shock or the rubber bussings on the lower control arm, I don't feel anything in the truck driving down the street just hear it squeek. any info on what to check...
  17. E

ExtremeXplorers Raceway park car show and swap meet

just looke at the Raceway park web site, and found out the dates for the spring Car show and swap meet they are april 11-13th the truck show is on Sat the 12th Just want to get a feel for how many people want to go, the group that went the fall show had a good time...
  18. E

front end noise

have a question about the auto 4wheel on my 99 sport not sure if this is normal but when I drive down the road it sound like the front drive saft is spinning even though the roads are dry and I don't know if this normal, or do I have a problem, the noise is the same as when I left the hubs...
  19. E

spring question

I have a 99 sport want to replace the rear mono leaf springs, I have a friend that works at a body shop and has a set of leaf springs from a 02 sport trac I was wondering if these would work in my truck, or would I be better off getting a set of 4door leaf springs
  20. E

flashing 3rd break lite

I am trying to figure out why on my mom's 97 sport the 3rd break lite flashes dimly and kinda fast, I have no ideas why this happens. any info would be help full
  21. E

leaf springs

I just pick up a 99 sport the rear end is starting to sag a little in the rear, I was wondering what I could do to replace the mono leaf setup that I have, but I don't want to loose too much of the stock handling of the truck
  22. E

power problems

I have a problem when I have the AC/heater blower on high and stop at a red light, all my lights start dimming and the volt gage start dropping, the truck has a new battery and alternator any other ideas of what this problme could be???
  23. E

timing chain

I was just wondering when I should change my timing chain on my 4.0 and do I have have to drop the oil pan like I have been told. any info would be greatfull
  24. E

rearend question

one of my friends gave me a posi unit out of a 8.8 mustang rear, I was wondering if I would be able to use this in my 94 sport, don't want to go out and get the rebuild for it then find out I can't use it
  25. E

body lift

I am thinking of adding a body lift to my X not sure if I should go with a 2" or a 3" lift the truck already has a 4" skyjacker lift in it and I would like to run 33's on it any info would be great
Back