Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

You'll get at least 3" of adjustment on the shock itself, which translates into around 6" of ride height asjustment, since the shock mounts just about half way between the bushings (pivot point) and the ball joints. What I would suggest is putting your wheels on, with the suspension assembled...
  2. 9

How to: Install Coil-Overs and ditch T-bars

Check out this page on R-F
  3. 9

Scott B's 2006 Ranger FX4 Level II

Hey I just got an update from the torsion/coilover conversion thread (forgot I was subscibed to it), and I clicked this hoping to see install pics of yours. Did you ever get the coilover on?
  4. 9

ranger front clip?

I know this is an old thread, but I've always thought this myself. I don't really know why so many Ranger guys swap to the Explorer front. I don't like the headlights and grill of the Gen 2 Explorer, but I like the vehicle. A 3rd gen Ranger front end would look pretty sweet on one. I miss my...
  5. 9

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

Curious if you ever received yours, and how they are working out.
  6. 9

lift

LOL. Well, if you crank the bars up and the control arms are at a drastic angle, then yes, you're gonna screw stuff up. However, setting your Expo up like a 4WD Ranger shouldn't be bad. After all, they're the same suspensions, and a factory height Ranger doesn't burn through parts any quicker...
  7. 9

lift

The keys are simply indexed more aggressively than your stock keys. At the same adjustment screw setting, the bar will have more pre-load on it, thus your truck will sit higher. If you want to key it, I believe getting used keys off a 98-07 Ranger 4WD are indexed slightly more aggressive than...
  8. 9

That's an interesting thought, but I think you're still going to run into problems with the trailing arms at the least, and the springs look like they would line up with the frame, so if you're not lifting, you'd need a coil pocket like the 02+ Expos have. Not impossible, but a hell of a lot of...
  9. 9

Yeah, you got what I meant. You asked about a kit that does stock height, and I simply pointed out that the brackets don't have anything to do with it being lifted or stock, just the size of the shocks & springs. And when you say "what about the back?", are you looking for a way to lose the...
  10. 9

Coilover lift

Check this out.
  11. 9

The only difference in this would be the length of shocks and springs you get. The brackets don't actually have anything to do with the lift.
  12. 9

97 Explorer 5.0 intake vacuum leak HELP!!!

Hello. I just came on here looking for help because of the same problem, and mine was a cap that popped off. I drove home in my Explorer last night, and it ran fine, but this morning it stalled repeatedly at startup, and even though I got it to idle a little better, I could clearly tell...
Back