Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

For Sale Parting Out 1993 XLT

I may have found a good set locally, ill let you know
  2. R

ID'ing a tranny

it wont work, 96 had a 4r55e, 01 had a 5r55e. the electronics are different.
  3. R

For Sale Parting Out 1993 XLT

by chance do you still have the hubs and spindles?
  4. R

HELP PLEASE!! ASAP. ABS sensor

can you post pics of old and new?
  5. R

Homemade 4 Inch Body lift Questions

the steering extension will be the biggest problem with function, followed closely by radiator drop brackets. the other concern would be safety. there is a reason there are no mass marketed body lifts taller than 3"
  6. R

Wreck-It-Ranger

Welp, long time no updates. I got the power steering fixed and then had to sell it. My DD broke (again) and its gonna cost nearly $6k to fix.I need a DD that my newborn can ride in so the ranger had to go to make room for another vehicle(finance company says im stuck with my envoy for another...
  7. R

2002 Ford Explorer Anti Theft Problem

You may end up having to take it to Ford or a good lock smith. I have yet to see an aftermarket scan tool that can get into the anti-theft system, but that doesn't mean there aren't some out there that will. A good locksmith will have software to access the key programming, but probably cant...
  8. R

Dersch's Mounty Gettin Jacked Up (advice please)

I have wheeled with Gman, and that rig will keep up with many built far beyond it. The custom coil-over setup is far better than the superlift as far as suspension travel, and on-road handling. The Black Hole is worth far more than what he is asking, and i wouldnt waste too much time trying to...
  9. R

Dersch's Mounty Gettin Jacked Up (advice please)

if you want to run 37's skip this whole plan and go SAS, the stock front suspension design wont handle tires that big. you would need 5.13 gears to make the trans last and you cant get them that low for the stock front diff either. you can run 35's with a superlift, but you can also run them...
  10. R

Moab 2014 May 16-18

Im out for this year, as i have a baby due in april. Im dieing to make it out but it will most likely not happen until the baby is old enough to ride along as the missus isnt fond of me vacationing by myself
  11. R

What to do to make my 1997 explorer ride 33s?

33x10.50 can fit without trimming but everybody has different results. a very few members have fit 33x12.50 without trimming
  12. R

2006 Limited 4.6L Overheating

at those temps i suspect an improper coolant mix allowing the coolant in the radiator to freeze
  13. R

Frozen Tailgate

a little Vaseline on the seal will prevent it from happening again
  14. R

Rumble from down under!

coolant in the cylinder has to be a leaking lower intake or head/gasket issue. unfortunately the only way to tell the difference is to start tearing it apart and inspect gaskets until you find the leaker
  15. R

best replacement fuel pumps

I run carter if its hard to replace (explorers are hard) but if its easy ill go cheap with a lifetime warranty
  16. R

94 xlt project

It is, i suggest doing the c-clip eliminator while you are in there as well
  17. R

Wreck-It-Ranger

Not much work happening lately, running into issues getting insurance so this project has been shelved until i have the funds to finish it completely. I did get to DD it for a couple weeks on my dealer plate until i got my primary truck back up and running. Aside from a lack of power steering it...
  18. R

Someone stop me!!!

I say stick with the trac. you are probably upside down on your current loan judging by the asking price and KBB quote on the 3rd gen ad. The ex doesnt seem like that great of a deal needing new tires soon, the removed roof rack, and hail damage either
  19. R

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

looks like maybe a bad mount bushing on the front diff, or a bad motor mount
  20. R

A Michigan Meet and Greet?

im with Kazer on this one, the ranger has no power steering right now and has to pull DD duty on top of that
  21. R

coil spacers with lift kit.

with the 6" lift you need extended radius arms or you gain nothing over the 4" kit as far as flex and function. If you go 6" with stock arms you may lose flex vs the 4" kit. If you are just going for look then it should be ok, but functionally it will suck
  22. R

coil spacers with lift kit.

you would need extended radius arms to make it work well, otherwise you might as well stay at 4" because it wont flex any better with coil spacers
  23. R

clunking when in 4 wheel drive wtf is it

it can still do it on gravel if you turn all the way to the steering stop, but not nearly as bad
  24. R

clunking when in 4 wheel drive wtf is it

that is normal driveline binding. If you turn while in 4wd on dry pavement you will eventually break something from the binding
  25. R

Ring and pinion install problems

Did you replace the crush-sleeve? If you did and didnt crush it far enough (improper torque/pre-load) that will cause your issue.
Back