Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Heating & air problem!!! Help!

May I ask why you were using the heat in the summer?
  2. D

ooops I did something really bad electrical

Somebody made a boo boo :p:
  3. D

transmission works but acts different on different days

Maybe it doesn't like Mondays or something. Sometimes I don't feel like working right on certain days. That's really strange though... good luck with the diagnosis
  4. D

Mototote on 02'

I know the 2 inch hitch can support the whole rear of the vehicle. We had to pull a K turn on a narrow country road a few days ago and it has drainage ditches on the sides. Due to a little misjudgement, the rear end fell into the drainage ditch. Luckily, the hitch got a good hold on the...
  5. D

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

I know right?! I HATE the new one. It really is mmore of a "car" than the Edge now.
  6. D

'11 Explorer Revealed!!

2011 Ford Explorer Okay, so I logged into my Yahoo!Mail account this morning, and on the log in page, there is an advertisement for the 2011 Explorer. Now, let me tell you, this is one of the UGLIEST vehicles I have EVER seen. If you type in 2011 Ford Explorer on Google Images, it only brings...
  7. D

High-mileage Explorers - going to be a problem?

How DARE you bring a Toyota name into this forum. Can someone please delete ShawnTRD's profile? HE is not needed here!!!!!! @#!$%^&* :fire...
  8. D

fuse location for trailer light harness

Yeah, they're showing up. I just wasn't looking at them lol
  9. D

High-mileage Explorers - going to be a problem?

To be honest with you, I would never buy a vehicle with that many miles. Around 120,000 miles is where I usually tend to get rid of them. But, I can say that the 3rd gen Exploders are great and I would definitely buy one again. Also, if you do decide to trade, make a visit to Kelley Blue Book...
  10. D

fuse location for trailer light harness

Where the rear and auxilary relay boxes? Is rear the one in the cargo area with a plastic door over it?
  11. D

How do you pull a Mountaineer out the sand???

Sorry, I read your post once and I took it wrong. And I am an experienced wheeler. I don't wheel the Explorer much, but I do wheel an S10 ZR2 and Wrangler Unlimited. When I do go wheeling, I go with very experienced to very little experienced people. I agre with the other guy who said dont use a...
  12. D

Woah... no need for the anger, buddy. At one of the most popular off road parks in the country, the trail guide attached the tow strap to the axel of a truck stuck in the snow because there were no tow points on the front and it worked out perfectly fine. I've seen many people do it that way...
  13. D

You can tie the tow strap around the axel (that's what we do at Rausch Creek) and NEVER USE CHAIN. If it snaps it could destroy your front end and if anyone is near it, destroy them too. I've seen it happen. Good luck with a 4x2 in the sand ;)
  14. D

Looking at buying 2002 Exp. Eddie Bauer

The 3rd gen explorers started in 2001. I have a 2002 with 92k miles, had it almost 4 years with no problems whatsoever. I know a guy that had a 2001 XLS 4.0 and he had LOTS of problems.
  15. D

keypad not workiong

You know, the guys on this forum are the most dedicated guys. They're always there to help. Just though I would let you all know :)
  16. D

Finally: 04 Explorer Eddie Bauer...

All Explorers except for the XLS come with V6 or V8
  17. D

Finally: 04 Explorer Eddie Bauer...

Congrats on the new Explorer. That's a gem of a find you get there for a great deal. We paid 10k for our 02 3 years ago and it had 73k miles. Congrats!:thumbsup:
  18. D

Cold start up air sucking sound.

yea it sounds great. i wish it always sounded like that.
  19. D

Cold start up air sucking sound.

Normal. My 02 Explorer, 07 Durango and 96 Grand Cherokee do it. Nothing to worry about. It sounds nice anyway
  20. D

Rear View Mirror Auto Dimming

there's a power buton on the front...
  21. D

Power window help.....

Thank you for apppreciating me being a fire fighter. Don't get me wrong, the Explorer Forums are GREAT! I just prefer the Rausch Creek Forums because I go there often and I know a lot of the people on those forums in person. I really like both forums, but I prefer the RC forums because I know...
  22. D

2002 AC high pressure lines shot - "can't be fixed."

Wow, that's stupid that they don't supply them anymore. You could probs pull one out of a junker...
  23. D

are 2002's really that bad? (it's a bad title I'll try to explain)

This thread is about '02s, not '03s :p:
  24. D

Power window help.....

I have to say, this is the best forums for Explorers, but my favorite forums are the Rausch Creek Off Road Park Forums. They can help you with all kinds of vehicles, plus you can sell and purchase vehicles and parts on there. Best part is you can organize trail rides and talk about the trails in...
Back