Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Very difficult to steer my 02 mounty V8 AWD

AWD stuck/Very difficult to steer my 02 mounty V8 AWD my Mounty is stuck in AWD, and has been for a very long time... it was crabbing its way through the streets, parking lots and driveway... Now it simply doesnt steer. ill check the power steering pump as was sy=uggested by reving to 2500...
  2. L

i'll check it tonight or tomorrow morning... On the road, borrowing a car, which i hate doing.
  3. L

That's my issue, I simply don't know. How can I eliminate one ove another. The car was driving & steering ok. I pulled into a parking spot. Never turned Tha car off went in reverse started to pull out and heard a low humming sound and the mountys steering wasnt responding and then it simply...
  4. L

Esclamada The link didn't work. I appreciate your effort. Please resend Thanks
  5. L

:us:ok, my car literally wont steer. My resevoir is full. any thoughts suggestions will be very much appreciated.:us:
  6. L

02 Mounty V8 AWD Constant popping or clunk when turning insight spaces

Thanks JRF for your reply. Does anyone know what to do when the AWD is stuck and not just engaging when needed.
  7. L

No, I simply don't knowbwhere it's coming from, just trying to inform. I do need help & appreciate your efforts... Please let me know how you make out. Cheers!
  8. L

Thanks for your help! I also neglected to state that the dealer said my 02 Mounty is stuck in AWD... how do I get this sorted out with the other items listed like the popping while turning in tight spaces and the groaning vibrations/rubbing felt through the floor boards and seats? Thanks!
  9. L

Class action lawsuit for cracked tailgate filed. 02-05

Mine cracked when my ride was 2 yrs old I replaced it... I'd rather have ford pay attention to the rear springs and the bad tranny... No law suit, just simply acknowledge the garbage that was released as these are serious costly issues. No one wants to deal with this tranny issue, and a spring...
  10. L

Ok, 170k on my Mounty. I had the mounting bolts loosened and retorqued 2x's by 2 different shops. The first time all noise was gone when turning the vehicle. It started to come back, and by the time I git it looked at again, Colonial Ford Danbury CT. It was as bad a sound a when it was done...
  11. L

Decieded againest Struttek struts.

:us:Mine are holding up very well thus far. The originals were a pos! I couldn't have done any worse then Ford did with the originals. Gained 2+ inches after settling in... I would do it again, especially for $66 and free shipping.:us: Hey BigRondo, Go Jets Buddy! Also, I'm going to post...
  12. L

Help needed in replacing 2002 Rear shocks

Another 2 months have passed and my PrimeChiice struts are doing just fine.
  13. L

02 mountaineer differential bushings

:us:Any update on this? I have an 02 Mounty AWD, mine had to be re-torqued for 2nd time in 2 months:us:
  14. L

Suggetions on a front wheel hub assembly

:us::exp:02' Mounty,,,Any suggestions on replacement for both Front & Left Wheel Hub Assembly? Prime Choice has some as do many other places... I have 2 Struteks on the rearend that have been good to me so far (1 year in) from Prime Choice... I'm ok with the complete struts... What are your...
  15. L

That's an individual decision based on age of vehicle, miles, condition, other trouble spots with the ride. Overall condition, what more do want vs how much can you truly get from her... My thoughts, trouble spots in cars is what thet trouble spots. Your front quick fronts are broken or...
  16. L

No complaints outta me... They are still working really well & I've maintained a nice restoration in rearend height. My originals had multiple breaks in both the left & right side... So far so good!
  17. L

Vibration from front passenger wheel at all speeds

so whats the outcome??? i think that my front left is causing the vibration and grabbing while pulling in and out of parking spaces or doinf a K turn... Its worse after i've been traveling and things seem to be well heated. I feel the vibration through my feet while driving.. Any help would be...
  18. L

02 Mounty loud snap sound in front end when turning

keep you all posted. Got my Mounty this morning and all is quiet except for my LF wheelbearing. I fix that in a few...
  19. L

:us::exp:Ronin8002, I've been waiting for you BigRondo & BrooklynBay to chime in. You guys have genuinely helped me in the past and I do appreciate it! I'll keep you and the rest posted. Could I have screwed anything up by having the bolts loose and driving a few hundred miles? I do have a...
  20. L

Apparently & according to a shop I dropped my 02 AWD 4.6 mounty off to I had a bunch of subframe bolts loose causing my differential to shift. I'm out of town so I haven't picked up my ride yet but they torqued them to spec and test drove my Mounty and the noise is supposedly gone... I'll find...
  21. L

After 14 years of Explorers . . .

:us::exp:Thank you for all that you have provided to this forum. Your posts have always mattered and had substance. I truly appreciate your efforts! Best to you and please chk back and share your knowledge... Many Thanks!!!:salute::us:
  22. L

Front diff or Driveaxles BROKE?

Please keep us posted, and good luck!
  23. L

911 02 Mounty 4.6L AWD :us::salute:The crack/snap/clunk/pop sound is even worse after changing the diff fluids... How do I know if my AWD is screwed up and is destroying something and if it is, what am I looking at? This guys at a shop said its probably my transfer case. What the heck is it...
  24. L

:exp:joecrna, im going to find out tomorrow if the snap/pop sound goes away after i change my differential fluid. its probably a long shot, but if its the differential, what's the solution? thanks!!!!!:us:
  25. L

02 mounty drivers side front fog light bracket needed

:salute:drivers side front fog light bracket needed. does anyone have one or know where i can get one? thanks:us:
Back