Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Changing brake rotors - too much rust

RIGHT on the MONEY !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:::thumbsup: I had HEATED the rotor, for 30 minutes or more, and sprayed some, with PB Blaster, through the lug bolt holes and the center.....no move...... I searched the forum some more, finally found...
  2. E

Smoking engine when A/C is on

Bad A/C compressor ?? Have you figured this out, yet ?? I would try taking off the serpentine belt (just need a 15mm? (not sure on size) socket on a 3/8" ratchet, to remove it), then see if the CENTER of the a/c compressor turns easily, or if not, then it would indicate the Compressor is...
  3. E

How to: Flush, R&R compressor, accumulator, and orfice tube 95

pics have disappeared, on 1st post ??? pics have disappeared, on 1st post ??? Looks helpful, can someone fix ?? THANKS !!!
  4. E

Explorer lower on 22s.

Can someone put links to their lowered Xplorers??? I have a 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD.... would it be more difficult, due to the awd ??? Thanks, Jim Jensen Dayton, OH
  5. E

5.0 V8 sounds like a sewing machine when cold

update on 96 v8 exhaust manifold r & r OK, I removed the splashguard on that side (passenger), and then was able to get a 15mm socket onto that bolt, just enough, to get it loose. It was not seized at all, at least, after I had already soaked it with PB Blaster....the new manifold (made in...
  6. E

5.0 V8 sounds like a sewing machine when cold

I have a 96 EB with 5.0, bought new in 96 with 3 miles on it. VERY well maintained. I just took it apart, to replace the right exhaust manifold gasket, that I thought was leaking, but it was the manifold, cracked completely into 2 pieces !! New one is $196.99, here locally, made by Dorman...
  7. E

JBL wiring question

need replacement REAR (sub) speaker- 96 w/JBL Need replacement REAR (sub) speaker- 96 Eddie Bauer w/JBL sound. Mine is crackling.....VERY irritating....haven't taken it apart yet, is the amp built onto it, like others???? Jim in Dayton, OH
  8. E

New Tips for coolant hose replacement.

I was transferred here by National City Mortgage, I was living in Dallas,TX area, before 4/08/04. I work in the IT department. Thanks, James Jensen eokie1@yahoo.com
  9. E

Tissue box question

I could not find Kleenex Junior at my local Wal-mart, grocery stores, or anywhere else, but Drugstore.com has them for reasonable price. James Jensen '96 EB, V8 AWD, blue/tan tan leather 106k miles Centerville, OH
  10. E

V8 oil cooler hose replacement, O-ring....and console lid question.... No, I have not had ANY leaks, since REMOVING the oil cooler, and replacing both water hose that go to and then from it. There is NO way you could replace that small hose, between the cooler and the water pump, unless you...
  11. E

THANKS!! THANKS!!! I could not figure out how to replace the wtr. pump to oil filter adapter hose (on my 1996 V8, AWD, E.B.), which I had bought several months ago, had it all apart, then checked this website, found your article, which mirrored my situ exactly, I just needed to replace my...
  12. E

advice on tire wear, and need for SHOCKS??

My '96 Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD has a noisy tire, I recently had it rotated to front, and started REALLY noticing the thump-thump-thump....these are Goodyear Wrangler, OEM size tires....2nd set since new, with 90k on the truck. You can see, regular, "bumps" on the tire, all the way around it...
  13. E

Front pinion seal

Well, I finally got my front axle pinion seal leak fixed....I installed one from O'Reilly's, and I don't know if it was the way I did it, but it leaked worse than before I fixed it!!! Got one from Ford, it had grease already applied to the seal, and seemed to be made a little...
  14. E

Oxygen Sensor HELP Please

on my wife's 96 5.0 V8, I had to pull the console, remove an access plate under it, to get to the electrical PLUGS where the O2 sensors plug in !!!!!! That looked easier than removing the exhaust pipes, the only other way I could see to do it. It was easy, after I got the console out. SHe has...
  15. E

2000 Mercury Mountaineer AWD

ABSOLUTELY they make BOATLOADS of $$$$$$ on financing, that is the ONLY way dealerships survive, nowadays.....they tell you that 8.5% is the best you qualify for, tell you about the 2 dr. bills you didn't pay in 1989 or any other B.S. they can find to talk about on your credit report, and then...
  16. E

ABSOLUTELY they make BOATLOADS of $$$$$$ on financing, that is the ONLY way dealerships survive, nowadays.....they tell you that 8.5% is the best you qualify for, tell you about the 2 dr. bills you didn't pay in 1989 or any other B.S. they can find to talk about on your credit report, and then...
  17. E

IAC Valve on 5.0

OK, the IAC valve that I got for my '96 Explorere V8 is the correct one, it is: F67Z-9F715-BB_ valve_ 70.52 list, I bought for $39.49. James Jensen Dallas, TX
  18. E

It is fairly common for a sales manager to put too much into a trade-in, sometimes because he is selling a model that is 500 days old, or something like that, they look at days on the lot, manager looks bad if he has a bunch of cars that have been on the lot a LOT of days..... Also, just...
  19. E

IAC Valve on 5.0

I got it this a.m. at Ford dealer, it was 39 or so....bout the same as O'Reilly's....I left the ticket out in my car, will post the part # later.... James Jensen eokie1@yahoo.com
  20. E

IAC Valve on 5.0

Glad I found this, because I just found the exact same problem, O'Reilly's computer is showing the WRONG part, it is Borg-Warner # 31019, I checked their website, it shows this part # when you look it up on the web, too........I will go to my local Ford dealer, Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney...
  21. E

just something to keep in mind, "program" cars can be either: demo. from THAT dealership (salesman, sales manager, dealer, parts manager, etc. drove it for 5-25k miles) repo (bought at Ford Credit auction....could be a demo. that the dealership sent to auction (I think..), an ex-rental car, a...
  22. E

now, not sure if this is what you are noticing, but on mine, at least, it seems to be a normal thing for the radio display to dim when it gets nighttime, and brighten when it is daylight.....if you look at it when it is just between the 2 levels, you will notice it dimming or brightening...
  23. E

I don't know about the later models, they may be different, but I *think* if it has the trailer wiring at all, it has the "tow package", as I remember (I sold the Explorer to myself, got it for dealer cost, I was selling new Ford's in 95-96) the tow package included the Limited Slip 3.73 rear...
  24. E

MY CRANKSHAFT SNAPPED INTO PIECES!!!!

TALK to the ZONE REP., they are about the only ones who will do any assistance $$$.... but, with over 100k....it is not too likely they will pony up much. I do, of course, agree, that unless maintenance-neglected or seriously over-revved, or something, a crank should NOT break.... James...
  25. E

AWD V8 front axle seal replacement HELP!!

well, could not find the OTC tool, T79P-4676-A, anywhere locally in Dallas, where I work, and which I learned from OTC (tool manufacturer) was superseded by their part #, 205-133, anywhere locally, it was only $34.35, but could not overnight it to me, until tomorrow (I had missed their 1 pm...
Back