Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

2013 Explorer PIU Single Clunk When Braking

I have a 2013 Explorer (Intercetor Utility) version with front wheel drive only... When braking I intermittently have a single clunk that occurs. It only happens once when braking. No problems heard when accelerating or driving. Happens intermittently. More so after making a right turn and...
  2. N

2013 Interceptor Utility - Clicking/Tapping Noise In Rear Cargo Area

I need help in trying to identify a random clicking or tapping noise or sound happening in the rear cargo area of my 2013 Police Interceptor Utility (Police version of the Explorer). This noise can be heard inside the vehicle from the driver seat most of the time. This noise occurs at random...
  3. N

2013 PIU - Undoing Rear Door Handle Disable & Install Rear Lock Rods

Not sure if anyone covered this already for the 2013 Police Interceptor Utility, however the following are pictures showing how to undo the Rear Door Handle Disable factory option, adding in the manual door lock/unlock rods for the rear doors, and drilling out the door panel to allow sound to...
  4. N

Adding Side Mirror Turn Signals

I currently have the DB5Z-17682-DB side mirrors. According to Ford's description it's "Base Limited XLT Sport ; Dual Power/Heated Mirrors Mic, Less Side Marker Lamps, (+) North American Markets; RH, Black". I wanted to add the Side Marker Lamps (Turn Signals) into it. I assume that you could...
  5. N

2013 PI Utility - 2nd Row Seat Folding Problem

I own a 2013 Police Interceptor Utility and I am having trouble with folding the stock 2nd row 60/40 split bench seats forward. I am able to fold the seats flat, however playing with both the lever and pull strap on either the 60 or 40 side of the second row I can't get the seat to fold...
  6. N

2013 Police Interceptor Utility "Ready-for-the-Road Package" (67H)

I have a question about Ford's 2013 Police Interceptor Utility with the "Ready-for-the-Road Package" (Option 67H) installed from the factory. Regarding this package, what type of light is installed in the Grille with this package? Is it the Whelen Ion? If it is a Whelen Ion, is it mounted...
Back