Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Transmission problems reverse good but not forward.

Yeah it is. Ill try adjusting the bands. But it doesnt slip when it finally engages. So i keep thinking if its hydraulic
  2. S

i had adjusted the shift cable twice because i had thought that was one of the issues, if i leave it in drive and rev it, would it be a solenoid in the valve body?
  3. S

So i had bought a rebuilt transmission and about a year later the front seal leaks and all my transmission fluid dumped out so about 3 weeks ago, i took the transmission out replaced the front seal and torque converter and put it all back together made sure my fluid is at the proper level and it...
  4. S

Exhaust Removal

i was looking at it, and i didnt see how i can unhook the hanger
  5. S

Exhaust Removal

does anyone have any step by step instructions to removaling it, i cant figure out if i have to removal the heat shield along with the exhaust and my haynes manual doesnt say anything? its a 1993 explorer
  6. S

stuck, ive tried everything- Need help

is it the same wire that the fuel injectors are hooked up too?
  7. S

tell me more about the short circut where is it the wire located at, should i take my alternator off and check for corrorsion?
  8. S

Turdle: its not the ecm because i just bought a new one because a 513 code came up on my trouble codes so i replaced it along with this problem thinking this would fix the problem and it didnt
  9. S

no i dont think its misfiring, i turned the truck on and let it idle for a sec and it sounds good like nothing wrong but i can see the the gas is coming from the cylinders just from where its leaking out of the exhaust manifold
  10. S

i opened the hood up and there was gas leaking on the driver side exhaust manifold and i noticed that there was gas spitting out of my exhaust pipe and out of the whole in my muffler, i thought that maybe one of my injectors was stuck up and and it was dirty so i had all 6 cleaned and tested...
  11. S

is my pcm bad?

thanks that was very helpful ill get a remanufactured one and see if it works, any suggestions on cheapest place to get one?
  12. S

is my pcm bad?

i ran some trouble codes on my 1992 explorer and i got a code 513,114 and 116, i looked up a 513 and it says pcm internal voltage failure does that mean i need a new one? and also my explorers fuel injectors seems to be putting out a rich mixture of fuel. i pulled all spark plugs and checked...
  13. S

gas leak and gas fumes

its not the ignition the coil pack is good, its leaking through the exahust and coming out the pipe
  14. S

gas leak and gas fumes

i found out the main problem is my right driver side 3 cylinders i dont think are firing because i took off the spark plugs and all 3 had gas on them and i can see the gas coming outta the exhaust manifold, but i cant seem to find out anything about what it can be or why its doing it, i know the...
  15. S

Help! Anti-freeze in over flow tank boiling!!!!

on the head gasket test with the air compressor do you have to pull all the spark plugs or just 1?
  16. S

gas leak and gas fumes

i has just filled my tank with gas and its a hot day ive been having problems with coolant usage and i was driving up a steep hill and i noticed my temperature gage was pretty high and as i was pulling into my driveway i went over a speed bump and it slipped and wouldnt go anywhere then kicked...
  17. S

harding time sanding chrome grille HELP please?

yeah its plastic i dont think its a sticker, i tried sanding it and all it would do is get a scartch look to it
  18. S

Ready for clear headlights?

how did you get the chrome off the grille to paint it the flat black? and did you primer it?
  19. S

harding time sanding chrome grille HELP please?

im wanting to paint the chrome grille i have right now flat black but im having a hard time sanding the chrome off, it doesnt seem like im getting any where is there anything better i can use to get it off
  20. S

Ready for clear headlights?

what paint did you use to paint the grill or did you buy the grill like that? and tell me how you like the headlights cuz im thinking about getting some
  21. S

transfer case fluid type?

i have 1992 eddie bauer explorer 4x4 with a a4ld transmission and was wondering if the transfer case takes a certain fluid or if you can use normal atf like i would use for the transmission and how much do i put in?
  22. S

How to: Ford 4R55E Transmission removal & installation instructions.

when removing the transmission is there ways to getting around from taking the exhaust off, i have the transmission disconnected from everything and im trying move it back but the top of the bellhousing is hitting a flange on the body and the part of the bellhousing where the starter bolts to is...
  23. S

No reverse after valve body rebuilt

i didnt replace the o rings i looked at them and they seemed okay. and i didnt check the band while the servo was out.
  24. S

A4LD reverse theory

yeah should i take the reverse servo out and check it, it was delayed before i parked it and rebuilt the valve body now its not working at all so something i did was wrong
Back