Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

04 3.0 dohc no heat

I have a 04 Taurus that has no heat out of the hvac. Already replaced the blend door actuator, has heat to the heater core, and a/c blows nice and cold. No change in temp no matter where I set the temp control knob on the dash, and what dash position I set the vent selector too, and the fan...
  2. 3

Location of 04 ecm

Done the search and getting nothing, where is the ecm located on a 04 4.0 flex fuel? The thing will barely start and run, has a rough idle, then stall out after a couple of minutes. Can not pull codes with my code scanner for whatever reason. Code scanner does work with other cars, so I am...
  3. 3

Rims with tpms vs rims without tpms.

I have an '04 that I need to buy one of the aluminum 5 spoke sparkle 16 x 7 rims for it since I had a flat, put spare on, them some one promptly stole that one tire and rim. Is there any difference in these rims other than the tpms valve stem, and are they indentical there? Meaning, can I use a...
  4. 3

P & P 4.0 throttle bodies.

Zabtec offers them for the 4.0, but has anyone actually done one themselves? Seen it done on youtube, and am curious as to whether or not it is worth the effort and what kind of gains can be had with other mods.:scratch:
  5. 3

'04 3.0 dohc egr pintle valve.

I just had a Check engine code p1406 eger pintle valve position code come up and am curious as if its just a bad egr valve or something related? Just had a transmission put in as well as a broken stud on one of the exhaust manifolds. Thx all!:popcorn:
  6. 3

04 taurus,3.0 dohc coils.

Is there any difference between the coil on plug coils from a 3.0 Duratec dohc than a 4.6 or a 5.4 V-8? Been having to replace them on my 04 ses on cyl # 1, 2, and 3 with some unusual regularity! Have heard they are replaced on the mod V-8's the same way. Just curious! And any tips on how to...
  7. 3

99 Sable, no heat or a/c

I have a 99 Sable that has a new heater core, t-stat, and the a/c is freshly charged. It seems to blow the same temp out of all vents, whether it is set in defrost, dash vents, or floor vents. A/C or heat, and it does not matter what the temp dial is pointed too. I had to fix the blend door on...
  8. 3

'99 3.0 sable speed sensor

Did the search and got the "no results" moniker. I have a '99 3.0 automatic Mercury Sable and the code po500 came up which is the vehicle speed sensor. Does anyone here know where this sensor is located and dificulty in changing? Thanks everyone!:scratch:
  9. 3

odd question/problem.

I was doing an inspection on the front end of my '04 of the brakes because I heard what sounded like a worn out pad squeak on the left front. Pads looked good, almost 3/8" on both pads, same as right front! Rotors looked good, no scoring and no sign of warping. Did not measure thickness of...
  10. 3

75-140 gear oil?

Just did a fluid change in my '04 X 8.8 rear with Redline 75-140 and it seemed to be like molasses(SP?)! What I drained out of it at 90,x.. miles, it seemed to take as long to fill as it did to drain! My main question is why 75-140 instead of the 75-90 like it says on the diff cover?
  11. 3

Done search! Front Diff Fluid Change-'04!

Not happy with results! All posts I have come across have said use some kind of hand pump to suck out old fluid! All of the pumps suggested have failed except to make my forearms like Popeyes! My X is a '04 XLT with the 4.0 sohc, 3.73s, with the 55r5s and am looking to do a full Redline...
  12. 3

Custom Supertrapps

Did the search, but have a custum question! What I am curious to is if anyone has done a stock route on a 3rd gen 4.0sohc exhaust while eliminating the stock cat back with any of the supertrapp models? Having it follow everything with The Trapp exiting at the stock location while to eliminate...
  13. 3

Hello all!

Noob! Just bought an ntm '04 Sploder after many years of driving Rangers and just surfed on in! Looking forwaed to having some fun with it and some here as well!:burnout:
Back