Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Brake pedal mushy & not safe, Ford says it's ok and no tsb on it-?

Yeah I just called a different dealer, who found the TSB right away, and who corrected what the former dealer told me, and said TSB's are not linked to VINs like recalls, so the other dealer was wrong by telling me that since nothing came up, it wasn't applicable. And he'd said he couldn't...
  2. D

Good question, would like to know that too. However, this looks to be the only fix I have seen from Ford, but my local dealer (North Country Ford in MN) says my VIN isn't included in this TSB, so they says it would be a "complete leap of faith" to do that repair. Was hoping some people that have...
  3. D

No not trying to get brakes done for free. Calipers are newish, and MC is new. I'm wondering if they know this is a problem they can't (easily?) fix....My Explorer has always had excellent brakes, last brake job was done with all Ford OEM parts, including calipers. Seems that others have been...
  4. D

I did some research on this, and found and fwd the tsb to my Ford service advisor, but he says its not a valid # and no tsbs for my 2007 Explorer Limited V8....brakes going to floor, pump them up and work fine, replaced mc, a bit better but still dangerous, bled abs unit, a bit better but still...
  5. D

Taillights stuck on, auto door locks glitchy...

On and off I have a weird electrical problems, sometimes the cruise doesn't work, and the door locks are glitchy at the same time, currently it's the taillights stay stuck on when truck is turned off, and again the door locks are glitchy. This happens intermittently for a couple days, then...
  6. D

Torque Converter repair cost

Thanks, that info helps.
  7. D

Ford told me today that the engine died while in Park, so it's not the TC- is this right? So it rattles, but isn't causing the engine stalls? Also, to correct the codes, it threw a P1131 and a P1151 (6 weeks ago, but not since). Ford could not get it to act up today, so I went over to drive it...
  8. D

Ford replaced 2 cams sensors and a crank sensor. P1113 and P1115 are lean sensors, each bank, and Ford tech wrote on my bill he'd replaced P1113, but wrote the opposite bank. When I questioned this, the tech said he remembered which bank/side, so must've written the wrong sensor number. I will...
  9. D

Check engine light came on, twice, when the truck first started doing it (about 6 weeks ago), and since sensors were replaced it hasn't done it again, but it has thrown the P115 (P1115?) code again since then. And that sensor was replaced. Drove it this AM, it was 71 degrees, didn't act up at...
  10. D

Oh BTW- Trans fluid has been flushed twice, most recently at 120k (truck has 149k on it).
  11. D

Good to know as it's going to the tranny shop Monday. If they can't solve it, it's back to Ford. I have that same rattle, but somehow I don't think that's what's causing it to kill and run poorly at low RPM's, especially when it's hot.
  12. D

The truck has 149,000 on it, has been a really good vehicle up until now. Very frustrating that no one can figure out why it kills, Ford seems to want to just throw parts at it, which I can't afford. The local tranny shop is good, they don't think it's the TC, but are willing to do some...
  13. D

Ford and trans shop can't figure it out- still killing!

I have discovered that the weather temp has a lot to do with the killing problem I am having- when I drove it on a 70 degree day, it only killed 2 times (idling at stoplights), when I drove it on a 90 degree day it killed virtually every time I stopped, and put it in reverse. Even chugged a bit...
  14. D

Ford and trans shop can't figure it out, still killing! I have discovered that the weather temp has a lot to do with the killing problem I am having- when I drove it on a 70 degree day, it only killed 2 times (idling at stoplights), when I drove it on a 90 degree day it killed virtually every...
  15. D

What?!! Just bought '07 Ex w/21k -Undercarriage Severly Rusted??

I didn't have my camera with me today, but I could easily bring it back to my dealership and have them lift it up for me. Plus I do have the typed documentation from them about the "severe rust everywhere".
  16. D

I just filed a complaint with the BBB, don't know how much good that will do, but I am prepared to file a Court suit. I am so disappointed in Gabus Ford and their GM Jim Bintner, feel free to email him some more!! Oh and his direct ph# is 515-270-5502, in case you have any questions about how...
  17. D

Ok some of you may have read my previous posts where I was having problems figuring out why my '02 kept killing and chugging intermittently on the highway- no shop could figure it out. Pretty much gave up. I decided to buy another one- and picked up a 2007 Limited with a V8 and towing...
  18. D

Should I buy a'07 ex with 21k that just needed PCM/TCM reprogrammed?

So just picked up the new Ex- 07 Limited V8, it's awesome. But, it runs/drives much different than my 02, not sure if this is normal or not, but when I give it gas off the line, it sorta feels like I've let the clutch out on a stick, it almost hesitates for a split second, then takes off...
  19. D

Sounds good, and thanks for the reminder on changing the trans fluid.
  20. D

Should I buy an ex with 21k that just needed PCM/TCM reprogrammed?

Great news. I have not actually driven it myself, I'm buying it out of state, and will check it out Friday. The service dept. noted on the serv. recs that it performed the adaptive shift strategy and apparently it is fine. Just wanted to see if it was a big deal. :-)
  21. D

Less than 1 month of bumper to bumper left. Don't have any idea if the drivetrain warrty of 60 mo/6 years would cover further issues there? I think I got a good deal on it, was listed at $25,999 (list in '07 was 38k), I ended up getting it for 23,875. It's a 2007 V8 Limited, loaded. Only 21k...
  22. D

an ex with 21k that just needed PCM/TCM reprogrammed? Posted previously about my 02 Ex that Ford couldn't figure out, so now I just decided to buy a different one, a newer one. Found a 2007 Limited with V8, 21,000 miles, but upon reviewing the service recs, found it has just had the PCM and...
  23. D

Posted previously about my 02 Ex that Ford couldn't figure out, so now I just decided to buy a different one, a newer one. Found a 2007 Limited with V8, 21,000 miles, but upon reviewing the service recs, found it has just had the PCM and TCM (it listed both) reprogrammed, because during a...
  24. D

Hey did you guys have other problems associated with the TC besides rattling? My '02 V8 is killing at stoplights, and chugs/ jerks when at low RPM's or in overdrive. Ford thinks it may be the TC. Thx.
Back