Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

I'm trying to sell parts off of my 01 sport trac.
  2. G

Nevermind they removed it.
  3. G

Spread the word and check it out http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430415
  4. G

2001 update

After nearly a year of not getting anywhere I think I may be parting ways with my ST. I believe the motor is about to go. It's got a pretty bad knock. Trying to see what's the best way of selling this? As is? Part it out? I don't wanna scrap it and id like to get as much as I could for it...
  5. G

Oil leak issue

I'll look into that. Rather it be that then the valve cover gasket.
  6. G

2001 update

Yea I'm leaning towards keeping it. The repairs aren't as bad as I thought. I'd say easily under $800 to get it back to normal. It's still drivable but it's pissing oil and coolant (pcv valve and thermostat housing). I put my spare on the drivers side front because I think my alignment is off...
  7. G

2001 update

I'll need the drivers side if it's tweaked. Let me know, may need some other stuff too.
  8. G

2001 update

I'm pretty confident I can be settled with solving this oil leak problem, trans fluid change, steering column fixed, alignment and thermostat. I may need an upper a arm too. Not sure yet.
  9. G

Oil leak issue

So I got a pretty decent oil leak issue going on. First off I noticed the motor smoking. The smoke is coming from the oil hitting the exhaust header. The leak is coming from the driver side of the motor. The best place to see it is behind the driver side tire above the exhaust header. I believe...
  10. G

2001 update

I really don't want to sell it, I'd rather keep it but it's gonna take some time and money to fix. I'm willing to wait it out and see how far I can go.
  11. G

2001 update

Haven't been on here in months probably since mid summer or so I'd say. Anyway here's an update I officially own my 2001 ST, finally paid off. Truck has been great these years however after I now own it now things have been going down hill. I got a decent list of things that need to be done to...
  12. G

Very jealous
  13. G

01 STrunner's Sport Trac

Lookin good man! Super jealous
  14. G

Just keep in mind with the 15x10s, you'll have to do some trimming. And as far as tires go i personally love my Nittos but to each their own. Check out discount tire direct. Best prices and free shipping.
  15. G

01 STrunner's Sport Trac

Yea man that would be awesome. I cant wait to see this beast in person now.
  16. G

How bad is this?

Na no updates yet if its not snowing here then its too cold to be outside this time of year. I'll most likely wait until it starts getting a little warmer. Hopefully soon though. I hope mine isn't anything crazy like the rear crank seal. I can deal with everything else. I'll start with the...
  17. G

01 STrunner's Sport Trac

Man i'm jealous. So coming to carlisle this year? I'll have to catch up with you about the whole sas build and get all the details.
  18. G

Dang it, i'm behind the times of this site. Was this done in VA or SC? My trucks next :D
  19. G

VERY JEALOUS!!!! I'm not gonna consider this option until the truck is paid off. Then i'll buy a beater.
  20. G

What were you looking for?
  21. G

OffTrac's New Purchases

I got yakima everything and it holds up great and im in the northeast so we get all kinds of weather conditions. Its almost 50 now and were getting snow tomorrow. Goes from one extreme to the other.
  22. G

How bad is this?

Go through photo bucket to post up pics, just download the app on blackberry app world. I just had one now I switched to the samsung gs3 love it. But you can upload all your pics from your blackberry to photo bucket.
  23. G

How bad is this?

I'm gonna check out the small stuff first like the oil filter o-ring and at least look at the valve cover gaskets. I'm hoping it's nothing as bad as major motor work like the rear main seal, oil pan/gasket, or the transmission itself. I'll try and take some more pics. Its just where it's leaking...
  24. G

How bad is this?

How hard is the rear main seal to change?
  25. G

How bad is this?

No the trans is fine, minor slipage on shifting. From what i know the trans fluid has never been changed and it has 128k on it. I was just thinking that since all that oil is leaking back there.
Back