Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

4.0L Timing Cover - SOHC vs OHV

I did find one on eBay and have it repaired now. Thank you for all the help provided. Did you ever get a chance to compare the SOHV vs OHV covers? The repair took most of the day, and part of another day sitting in a car port...LOL Toughest part was the crank pulley in getting it off, but I...
  2. T

Awesome guys, really awesome. Once I get this fixed...I know I'll never ever run just tap water in it again without adding antifreeze to it. I would have never guessed that running just tap water would cause the grief I've run into...sort of feel stupid...but where I live in the South...
  3. T

I hear you about stock piling. I had the thing overheat a couple times before due to freeze plugs rusting out, and pretty sure I warped the middle fuel intake and plastic unit some. I got those from a salvage yard, but the two stage intake bolts...those are discontinued parts too, and I manage...
  4. T

Wow...how kind...am happy to cover shipping cost if you do have one. Should fit in a large flat rate box I'd think, but perhaps not too. Perhaps a flat rage game box too. I did find one on eBay for 33.00 and it said for the OHV 96 or 98 model. On that Rock Auto part picture I mentioned...I...
  5. T

410Fortune - Thanks for the post and information, very helpful. I see a picture from Rock Auto, but unfortunately I don't see the part listed on their web site anymore...guess due to the fact it is discontinued by Ford. The eBay items I am watching now too, but they don't ship to my...
  6. T

Ok...perhaps a stupid question, but need to ask, and hope you guru's might help some. My search on the ole inner web, as gas monkey might say...isn't helping me much. Question: is there a major difference in the timing cover housing used on the SOHC and OHV 4.0L engines? I have a 2000 Explorer...
  7. T

The difference between 4.0L OHV and SOHC

Was reading through the post, and I have a question that perhaps you guru's might know. Odd thing is I have a 2000 Explorer, VIN 1FMDU62X0YUB67722 Being it is an X VIN, and a look up says it came with a SOHC, but mine has the OHV engine, and the 5R55E tranny. Thing that I am wondering is about...
  8. T

How to: Ford Explorer Fuel Pump Electrical Procedure

This is excellent. Help me chase down my issue. I found the PCM relay was not making good contact in the socket. Problem solved, and 30psi fuel pressure when running, about 22psi when the key is turned on. Is there something like this post to help trouble shoot why a blower motor has one...
  9. T

2000 Explorer 5R55E tranny

I had posted this to the 2nd generation forum the other day, and a kind user advised that there is a tranny forum too, so here is what I posted: thanks gang ************ Not sure if anyone else has found this, but this is great for those wanting to know about their 5R55E tranny, the link is...
  10. T

Do you have that link by chance? I'll post, or move the message there. Thanks - Terry
  11. T

Not sure if anyone else has found this, but this is great for those wanting to know about their 5R55E tranny, the link is: http://www.fordexplorerclub.ru/Alex/Transmission/5R55E.pdf It is about 6megs in PDF format. Not sure if this post belongs here, or in tech tips area... Anyway, I...
  12. T

OHV 4.0 intake stud bolts...source?

Injector Rail Studs Been going through all the threads in hopes I'd find something that would help. I do not have access to a wrecking yard and been searching hi and low for these silly studs. Part numbers I have are: E805674-S, W703492-S303, W702312-S309M & M8X33M8X45 from the post above...
  13. T

New here from NC

Well, I am a long way from all, American Samoa, but none the less, welcome to the forum. I have a 2000 (die hard) Explorer, been through a lot and still ticking...LOL
  14. T

Factory Jack/Wrong Handle

Sorry, the pic's are rather large, rookie at the helm, but hope these help - T
  15. T

I'll try to attach them, but If I fail at that, go to this link: http://www.tandtrepair.com/Ford/ they are the 3 numbered photos in that folder on my own site, the other is the vacuum hose I'm chasing down...sigh...
  16. T

I went out and took some pic's of my extensions. I'll upload as soon as I can photo shop them, and paste it all together somehow, or provide a link to them so you can see what mine look like
  17. T

2000 ford explorer new multifunction switch issue

They offer what 2 or 3 different ones, but I ordered the one for my 2000 XLS 4.0 OHV non Postal unit. It plugged right in, fit like a glove, just didn't work. Wipers go into hyper drive and will not shut off, etc...like the other posts
  18. T

Hey...while out there looking at your jack handles, pop the hood and chase down the vacuum line I post about today...LOL...just kidding
  19. T

Under the rear seat, two long extensions, one for the jack and that oblong end, and one with two square ends (different size if I recall) one for the lower extension and other fits that lug wrench in the back with the jack
  20. T

New Explorer Driver here in S/W Idaho

Welcome to the forum for sure. I had a 64 Scout with a 283 and stock tranny...sure was tough on transmissions and 2nd gear...LOL, but would almost climb a tree. Now I'm into my 3rd Explorer, a 2000 as well, and it has been dealt a tough hand over its life. Got water over the seats in 2009...
  21. T

I have to suggest you have to upper extensions and not the lower that fits the jack itself. I my rear compartment, left side - two twist clips - is the jack and lug wrench, and under the back seat the two extensions, one fits the jack with that oblong end, and the other fits the lower extension...
  22. T

same thing happen and even with the 2nd unit they sent. Rock Auto refunded, must be some defective units they got in
  23. T

already packaged and on its way to them. I had to purchase return shipping, given my local, but that is ok. I ask for a replacement, and if that fails, then I'll go for a refund on it. Thanks again, Terry
  24. T

2000 Explorer XLS - No High Beam

I have no High Beam, nor Flash to Pass High Beam. Look through the wiring schematic, and it appears the problem is suppose to be the Multifunction Switch. Well...I change the things, and per another post, my wipers go into warp drive as well. Plus even when I changed it out again, the...
  25. T

Did Rock Auto replace the thing? I just change mine today, and same thing...wipers go in warp drive. No slow or other regulated speeds for them. Signals ok, hazard ok. I changed mine due to the fact that I have no High Beam, or Flash to Pass High Beam. Since there is no High Beam Relay...
Back