Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

its ruby red, the red is somewhere between race red and ruby red I would say. For the price its good enough honestly.
  2. T

I have the black with red letters on my focus. just got the black with silver letters for my parents sport. The guy does some good work with painting. As has been mentioned the rear one is an OEM ford emblem and it MUST replace the blue one. That is the blue must come off before the black...
  3. T

FWIW, I ordered a rear one for my 13 focus, when I say it appeared to be just a cover I sent him a message and he told me that I had to take the blue one off and the black one would fit over just like the blue one did. Haven't gotten around to it yet but I was just double checking online the...
  4. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The explorer with my new focus in the background
  5. T

HD Polish Review

few places sell it. 3d products website has it, autoality also carries it.
  6. T

HD Polish Review

Well I really love detailing my truck and trying new products. So heres a quick review of a new polish I had a chance to try for anyone interested in reading. Well I received a bottle of HD Polish from the review a product promo. I had been eyeing HD polish for a while and then the promo was...
  7. T

Raptor Grille?

Looks very good actually. I would just make the FORD letters taller as others have stated.
  8. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Its anthracite grey from the plasti dip true metallics line
  9. T

02 Overhead switches installed

Very very well done. Nice neat clean install
  10. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Dipped the center caps then gave the car a wash and a once over with a spray wax
  11. T

Hid conversion upgrade

Ive gotten flashed a few times here and there, cops no issues. Also I run two sets of 55W HIDs, and my stereo off the stock alternator and battery and I have not had issues with the lights, no harnesses needed.
  12. T

Camaro SS 20" rims to XLT

theres the 20s from the adrenalin sport trac
  13. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Plasti dipped the wheels today, gotta do the center caps next
  14. T

speaker size

6x8 front and rear or you can fit a 6.5in round.
  15. T

Stereo Upgrade Question

Wiring the speakers up through the driver door was a pain. Took me a while. Ill try to get some pictures of how I ran the wires under the glove box.
  16. T

Stereo Upgrade Question

Yeah good point about the 0 gauge. I use 4 gauge and have no issues but had I installed both amps at the same time id have used the 0 gauge.
  17. T

Stereo Upgrade Question

hey man, what exactly are you having trouble with? I ran my power cable from the battery through this rubber grommet right under the brake pedal under the kick plates to my trunk then used a distribution block to split the wire to two, one to each amp. I ran rca cables from behind radio...
  18. T

MAG-LITE mounting pictures!

Like this spot a lot. Did you use screws or did you use an alternate way to mount the brackets? I had them attached with double sided tape but it never holds up more than a couple weeks.
  19. T

Dipped the wheels

How long did you allow between coats?
  20. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Had the car not been keyed down the passenger side the paint would be just as close to perfect as a 12 year old daily driver could be.
  21. T

Big scratches on 2004 explorer

Megs ultimate compound and some elbow grease and that should come out. Great compound to have around for stuff like that and its cheap, throw some wax over it then to protect it.
  22. T

HID's Worth It?

Yeah ill agree with both you and fedy. Countless times ill be driving and all I see is lights from a lexus, maxima etc bouncing up and down at every dip, incline, bump in the road and its equally as annoying as someone who has HIDs in their halogen housing. Ill even throw another argument...
  23. T

How To: 3rd Gen Projector Retrofit

Just confused about the high beams. You can either wire them as a dual xenon bulb or just wire the lo and use your existing hi beam?
  24. T

How To: 3rd Gen Projector Retrofit

You really made this seem so easy. I was gonna do this a year ago but was too lazy and never got around to it. Your writeup is making me want to give it a go this year.
  25. T

Sub install help

Basically you will pick up interference from the power cable in your RCA cable and that will be heard from the sub, better to just be safe than sorry. Plus its easier to run them along and under the passenger side dash than the driver side (at least in my experience). Also if the amp you have or...
Back