Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Taillight not working?

:eek: Hey guys! It's been awhile since i've posted on here. Not sure where I should post this but i need help? My taillights on my 99 Mountainer arent working anymore? At the same time my Headlight sensor stopped working and turning on my headlights and taillights automatically. I checked my...
  2. C

clicking under the dash and no start?

hey guys. so the other day i was wiring in a electric fan and when i finished up my truck wouldnt start. i jump started it and it started fine. i let it run for thirty mins and when i turned it back off it wouldnt start again. so i tried to jump start it again but this time nothing? not even the...
  3. C

Rolled the BroncoII

Feb 16th 10:10pm saturday my brother rolled his bronco II six times at pismo down a bowl. Him and his friends ended up pushing it back onto its wheels and then got a ride back to the entrance gate to meet me but when i got there, they wouldnt let me in because i didnt have a sold out camping...
  4. C

turn signal no worky!

so my turn signal doesnt work. but my hazards work. whats up? wher is the flasher relay located?
  5. C

Return from Pismo-Part deux '07

the meet was pretty cool. i convinced everybody the second night to stay regardless if u had a camping pass or not. :) 270 fine if u didnt have one. i took my truck out this morning, bypasses worked ammmmmmmm-aaaaa--zzzingg! the whoops were huge too! no rear bucking and hardly any rear hop. it...
  6. C

Clarkkent's "Caged Monster" Mountaineer

still needs two more seats, but for now its a two seater. :) heres a picture of my front bumper, and before the front fenders and all the seats. what my truck used to look like
  7. C

Push Button Start

Anyone have a layout on how to wire up a push button start on a 2000?
  8. C

dip stick handle broke, dipstick stuck

so my buddy was workin on my truck a few days ago, and his clumpsy butt used my oil dipstick handle to brace himself and managed to break the handle. now the whole dipstick is stuck inside the tube. how do i go about taking it out? while trying to take it out, we unfortunately managed to push it...
  9. C

Sony MEX-1GP deck??

anybody have any expierence with this deck? its only 200 bucks but u can remove the deck, hook it up to your computer and upload up to 1 gigs of music onto it? i really need a deck that plays mp3's or a deck that wont skip under VERY EXTREME conditions, i.e. jumpin my truck and what not, i dont...
  10. C

streaming music with your phone through bluetooth??

anybody know a really good deck or in dash dvd player thats under 700 bucks that will stream music from a phone using bluetooth? i have no expierence using bluetooth, im not sure if this is even a logic question to be asking. thanks.
  11. C

Rear mounted Radiator?

how hard would it be to mount the radiator in the back? i know i would definetly have to have a e-fan setup, but what about the plumbing? would the waterpump be strong enough to pump a extra few feet of plumbing?
  12. C

?? about switching to Electric fan

is there a certain size Electric fan that is adequate that i can use to replace my stock fan? i.e. dual 12 inch fans?
  13. C

Clarkkent's Beast is for sale!

So my truck is for sale. asking 10,000. need some love. no airbags, needs radiator and alignment. 98 mercury mountaineer. 135,000 miles Transmission rebuilt at 65,000 Oil changed every 2,500 miles brand new bearings Leather seats 302 V8 motor Optima Red top battery Ford Trac-Lok...
  14. C

Turning off the airbags?

So the other day, a couple of buddies and me are launching around in my ranger, and we're hitting stuff hard and the airbag goes off... scared the crap out of me. so the deal is, im building a prerunner explorer and dont wanna change the steering wheel just yet, is there a way i can rig a...
  15. C

removing both front and rear swaybars?

i just recently took off my rear sway bar when i added my deaver springs, and a couple days ago, i was bombing through pismo and my front passenger swaybar end broke off i was thinking about just taking the front off too. meanwhile while the passenger side pretty much isnt connected i can three...
  16. C

stock deck with system?

i lost all my bass in my mercury, i was wondering if i could just buy a cheap sub and amp from bestbuy and then wire it to my stock deck? i dont want to buy a deck just yet because im saving up for a fold out screen.
  17. C

green stickered 2000 mounty???

lately i was wondering about either buy a green stickered fully built tubed Ranger to be towed and played with at the dunes only. But was also thinking I could probably be better off spending my money on building my mountaineer and green stickering that puppy. If i threw a ford crate motor, im...
  18. C

how to take off inner wheel bearing????

99 2wd explorer. my wheel bearings are shot, in the process of replacing them, when i pulled the hub off, the inner wheelbearing is still on the spindle cone, how do i take it off?? the cone is tapered.
  19. C

you know your hardcore when.......

You know your hardcore when.... ....when you jump your truck at a spur of the moment jump contest at the dunes, manage to show up trucks that have three times the suspension, caged and bigger balls, jump after jump, and manage to drive home, hit a small rut and then somehow dislocate and...
  20. C

Pismo Dunes Memorial Day Weekend

Anybody wanna come out for memorial day weekend?
  21. C

blowing fuses 101?

hey guys, i got a set of hella lights. the fuses keep poppin! how do i stop them from popping all the time? one fuse that popped was rated at 15 amps. i threw in a 30 and it worked for awhile. i havent checked to see if that particular amp blew though. my question is. why not just throw a bigger...
  22. C

possible to intercool a supercharger?

is it possible to throw a intercooler on my supercharger? its a powerdyne unit?
  23. C

the sneak peak....

hey guys, i've been gone awhile, just been posting off and on. the merc's been under some heavy heavy knife time. I don't wanna give away whats been going on with it. And no, its not a custom billet grill. :D But some of you might know my plans for the next couple of months. But when this...
  24. C

is there a 5spd manual for the 98+ 4door v8's?

hey, a buddy who works at a parts place said he could get me a 5spd off a 99 explorer 4door v8 for about a grand. i've never seen a five speed in a 98+ four door and was wondering if there was such a thing and could i swap out my auto for the that five speed?
  25. C

Ranger Deavers on Explorer?

hey guys, giantmotorsports.com offers a 64inch deaver pack with custom reverse shackles? would this fit on my 00 explorer? http://www.giantmotorsports.com/products/64leafs.php
Back