Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

electric and air lockers?

ok so seems to be the ARB air, Eaton Elocker, and the Detroit Electralock. Anyone have one? Like it or not? Can you run C clips with them or do you need the eliminators? I am leaning towards the Eaton (found one cheap). Just wondering if anyone has personal experience with them. Thanx Jon
  2. B

Skid plate for a first gen?

Thanx for the compliments guys, I would be happy to answer any questions on my skidplate, I would also be willing to fabricate a couple more(improved) if anyone was interested. I have got some better mounting ideas and have a few things i would change to mine, but so far it has worked very well...
  3. B

Brake upgrade options..

you can also use the front brakes from a 96 and later ranger with I beams. They use a 2 piston caliper with a better rotor design. you have to swap the whole spindles, rotors, calpiers and brackets, etc. but will bolt up the beams and brakelines
  4. B

Cylinder Head Compatibility?

91-94 4.0's use small dish pistons with large chamber heads 95-99?(maybe 2000) used large dish pistons with small chamber heads 99/00 and later used the same piston and chamber as the 95-99 but had smaller exhaust ports all of these heads will bolt onto and of the other blocks...
  5. B

Other than Comp cams whats out there?

you are gonna need longer pushrods to run that cam. It is a small base circle cam so you will need pushrods that are 5.55o inches long. You will also have to have the the vlave pockets machined to fit the double springs and have the valve guide cut down to clear the new retainers...
  6. B

my 91 XLT before and after

thanx for all your comments on my truck. Will post more as things progress. Jon
  7. B

Burried at Haspin Acres

i would love to go.. but its not going to happen any time soon ... too much goin on and short on $$. Not to mention I am nursing the trans till I decide what i want to replace it with(stock, original A4LD with 195K). Its starting to act up in OD right around 50 if you try to accel too hard, it...
  8. B

thanx guys sunvisor was on there when i got it and i don't feel like welding the holes shut and then have to paint it so it stays for now Jon
  9. B

looks like I have gone over my maximin alowable usage on geocities.... check back in an hour Sorry about the hassle
  10. B

well lets see.... stock on 31 inch kellys still stock with 31's stuck at Haspin 6 inch lift with 31's and the rest are how it is today, specs below pics Specs 6inch lift with superlift springs SOA 5.13 gears LSD in front Factory LSD rear...
  11. B

Burried at Haspin Acres

BenS... here are some follow up pictures i took today http://www.geocities.com/boostedranger/sell.html?1115000437667 Enjoy Jon
  12. B

Problems with 4wd engaging

hmm .. i guess i will have to pull it apart again .... it looked like brand new inside, not like most used electric motors i have ever seen .. no corrosion, rust, sand, or discoloration. Thanx Jon
  13. B

Problems with 4wd engaging

91 XLT auto with push button and manual hubs. Sometimes it works fine, other times nothing, and sometimes the light next to 4hi will light for a couple seconds and ou will hear relays clicking then the light goes off and no 4wd. Sometimes 4hi will work fine but 4low will not shift. I...
  14. B

Burried at Haspin Acres

This pic was taken of me while wheeling at Haspin Acres 2 years ago. I was the third or 4th truck to try the hole and not one had made it through, and even though my 91 XLT was stock aside from the 31x10.50 AT's i had on there I decided to go for it. You can't see it well in the pic but there...
  15. B

I have got a new game and its called "Name that part"?

ahhh .. never looked at the year ... ohh well close enough:)
  16. B

what to do with my X?

ok i have a 91 XLT 4dr 4X4, auto, with 6in lift and 35in Xterrains. I just put the tires on less than 1000 miles ago and i love them, the problem is the rest of the truck now needs a bunch of upgrades and i am haveing a tuff time trying to decide what to do with it. First is the engine...
  17. B

I have got a new game and its called "Name that part"?

it is the heat sheild that goes between the catalytic convertor and the transmission to protect the modulator valve from excessive heat.... I win .. well ... i guess the better question is what did i win:)
  18. B

Warning !

ohh it is possible but it takes a couple come-alongs, some chain, and a couple well place trees or poles set in concrete, and a big ford tool(5 lb sledge) to accomplish. It is by far the worst possible way to try and go about it but it can be done.
  19. B

Who's in NJ? Where?

ill be back in jersey in Feb, Cape May county here, thats really South Jersey:)
  20. B

engine noise

umm i think you put it in the wrong forum ... this is the for sale forum ..... and as far as the noise goes .. may have something to do with the way your signifigant other drives it :)
  21. B

4.0 OHV high idle problem

possible ... i have a few sitting around ... might change it in the morn and see what happens
  22. B

4.0 OHV high idle problem

ok i have 91 xlt auto and i've been chaseing this high idle for a while now, started out only when i was on the highway with the cruise on, if i stopped and put it in park it would idle at around 1500 rpm. but it has recently started to happen any time i put it in gear and drive it more than a...
  23. B

"A4LD X's when did your tranny go?

182,??? still no probs... but this supercharger may change that:)
  24. B

Check out my latest fiberglass adventure

i like it but one question. is that glass gonna hold up to the abuse of that speaker pounding on it ? i would think it would break or blow out the seal. but then again i don't know much about audio.
  25. B

RTI ramp scores?

I thought the whole idea was to see how far you could get with all 4 wheels still in contact with the ground (or ramp with the front) 20 deg sounds about right but i will find out next time i see a prof
Back