Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

ABS Speed Sensor

Yes a rear on my 2003 diff
  2. S

Automatic shift lever problems

and I bought another...the explorations continue.
  3. S

Door Ajar Issue

I will second this fix...as it worked for me. You may want to open and close doors a bunch to loosen it the sensors. Drivers key pad started working correctly again. Amazing how the car thinks your door is open. Just a note my explorer was an estate buy and was sitting a little while before I...
  4. S

1990 Bronco II 1998 Explorer 5.0 AWD XLT 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.0

1990 Bronco II 1998 Explorer 5.0 AWD XLT 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.0
  5. S

Door Ajar Issue

Could be you didn't find them all or the door ajar module is just bad...if you haven't yet, see the video here. drivers door-lock & keyless entry not working, and door ajar light on...I wonder if you need to unhook the battery for a while to clear the memory? i have not started my door ajar...
  6. S

Door Ajar Issue

that is normal for ford radios to stay on until door is opened..in my experience...enjoy the tunes.
  7. S

drivers door-lock & keyless entry not working, and door ajar light on

Ever figure this out? Mine I just bought is doing same thing.
  8. S

Problem solved (i think) Transmission Range Sensor

it happens to all of us have a great weekend.
  9. S

Glad it worked... Yes it seems that this is a flawed design...I suppose maybe it is done this way for ease of assembly or repair later on...good thing it is another easy fix on the exploder...I sold mine but do miss it...thinking of getting another. But hard to justify getting worse gas mileage...
  10. S

What if one of the bolts are missing? Does anyone know the size or part number?
  11. S

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Blend Door Permanent Fix http://www.heatertreater.net/?gclid=CMjt-pCh8qsCFUKo4AodgwsjtQ
  12. S

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Try this...I did. http://www.heatertreater.net/
  13. S

How to clean IAC?????

Low idle problem and alternative K&N cleaning solution I had the same low idle at start up problem with my 98 X 5.0 AWD. When starting in cold and wet weather it would barely hold an idle. Been doing it awhile...afer warming up a bit it would stay running and was fine on the road, after reading...
  14. S

Front swaybar end links

Question...any instruction on replacing these would be helpful..any torque specs? My box had no info included...any certain order these things all go together?
  15. S

I need Fog light help well actually light help period

Question? What wattage is the stock Exploder driving/fog lights?
  16. S

Rough idle and "Check Engine Soon" light - FIXED

No kidding..I don't even have the push button...AWD
  17. S

PCV valve, Sea-Foam and Tune-Up for 1999 Explorer 302 AWD V8 302 8 cylinder

OK, what is the benefit of this seafoam treatment? Is it needed? Anyone notice a different? is there a condition or milage factor that it needs to be done?
  18. S

Has anyone ever had this problem with a 5.0 V8?
  19. S

Try disconnecting the battery for a while...good time to clean it up and then reconnecting it....I seem to remember it turned my light off. Sort of a reset.
  20. S

could it be kinked? did you use an elbow?
  21. S

installing shocks on 98 4dr AWD

I didn't know if they had used struts or any different tweaks on the AWD.. Any thoughts on Brands of Shocks..I see alot about Rancho and the Englebrock... I suppose everyone has an opinion... I use this truck for 95% road, and about 5% light off road during hunting season. Our backward state...
  22. S

No difference between the set up on AWD vs. 4x4 setups? I haven't looked but we are still talking just 4 shocks right?
  23. S

Is there anything I should know or is this a straightforward proceedure? I have replaced shockes on my Bronco before...is this similar? A do-it yourselfer or pay to have it done? thanks, Nick
Back