Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Hi, I saw in an old post that you had the little passenger seat. Do you still have it? I've...

Hi, I saw in an old post that you had the little passenger seat. Do you still have it? I've been looking for one and just saw the company went out of business. If you have it I'd love to buy it off you.
  2. C

Little Passenger Seats

Hi, does anyone have one of these? Looking to purchase one, the family is growing. I think the company may have gone out of business.
  3. C

A/C Oil Question

So my compressor catastrophically died on my 2001 5.0 and I am replacing the compressor, condenser, accumulator, and orifice tube. I am in the process of putting the system back together when I realized they gave me the wrong oil. I asked for pag 46, but they gave me esther 100. I only put an...
  4. C

Eddie Bauer Steering Wheel Swap

Interesting, sounds like I need to do some junk yard scrounging, but might be a neat project.
  5. C

Eddie Bauer Steering Wheel Swap

My 2001 XLT has the steering wheel cruise buttons, but it would be nice to have radio buttons as well. Has anyone swapped an EB steering wheel into a regular EX and successfully hooked up the radio controls?
  6. C

2001 5.0L 2wd idle question

I am using the factory tach, it seems right because it stumbles a little when I rev it from idle. Ill see if I can find a digital one to double check that number.
  7. C

2001 5.0L 2wd idle question

I just upgraded to this model. My 1998 4.0 OHV 4x4 lost reverse, and was too rusty to fix. My 2001 idles at only 500 rpm, but I have no lights or codes. I'm pretty sure this is too low, my question is what should it be? 800 rpm? I only have 91k on this thing and its otherwise immaculate.
  8. C

1998 fuel tank ID question

Hi, my tank is rusted out and leaking from a pin hole on the top. It's a 4 door OHV 4.0L motor in a 4 door chassis. Anyway all the interchanges list two possible tanks, one with a tank pressure sensor and one without. The numbers on the rear of my tank are F87A-XA. Which isn't found in the...
  9. C

my brake pedal drops when stopping HELP

Sabrina, which sensor was it?
  10. C

ABS coming on at slow speeds

Mine is doing the exact same thing, I just replaced all 4 rotors/calipers/pads. The fluid was really low so the entire system had to be bled, could it be air in the abs unit causing this? Unfortunately in my situation I bought this Ex recently and couldn't even drive it the brakes were so worn...
  11. C

Odd auto shifter problem

Cool, that fixed it for you then?
  12. C

Gear shift lever / selector binding

I did a little looking... i guess that part is called the transmission range sensor, could this be causing the problems i described?
  13. C

Ok so i disconnected the shifter cable and it feels loose. The problem looks like its in the transmission. Anyone know what the problem could be in the tranny? There looks like a little electrical box on the outside of the transmission that the cable attaches to, could this be the problem?
  14. C

Thanks for the quick replies! I'm going to start tackling this issue Friday. I recently bought it for $550.00. It only has 105,000 mi but it also has an unknown brake fluid dissappearing trick that caused the prior owner to give up on it.
  15. C

Recently bought a 1998 4.0L automatic tranny explorer and the shifter is difficult to move between gears and there is no distinct detent for each gear. Any initial thoughts on what it could be? The transmission functions good once you get it into the gear, i think its just a shifting issue.
  16. C

Stiff Shifter

Ever get this figured out? I'm having the same problem I think.
  17. C

sticky shifter????

Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same problem with my 1998.
  18. C

Odd auto shifter problem

I'm having the same exact problem with a 1998 4.0L model. Any ideas?
Back