Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1997 Ford Explorer Has fuel supply issue

take it back to the shop make them fix it right...for free.
  2. T

Upper Ball Joints

left an right are different style control arms. the driver side is usually the hardest to do specially if the brake and fuel lines run close to the rearmost bolt in the control arm. in the early models it was a problem.( my 1997 took me 2 hours to get the control arm out, my 2001 was 20 minutes)...
  3. T

Vibration on acceleration....

I noticed that after I posted it... im having the same issue but all my ball joints and u joints are new.
  4. T

2002 Sport question.

4x4 high is an electrically powered clutch and can be switched at any speed as long as the rear wheels are not spinning faster than the front, THIS CANNOT BE DONE FOR 4 LOW!!!!!!!!!! Stay out of 4 low if you can help it, but if you must the truck needs to be in park and you may have to reverse a...
  5. T

Vibration on acceleration....

the ball joints are infamous for front end noise and tire wear, the problem with diagnosis is a lot of people check them improperly. the lower control arm MUST be supported putting upward pressure on the arm, then with a long bar or prybar insert under the bottom of the tire at the ground and...
  6. T

'02 Heated seat wiring help

reviving an old thread i was trying to figure out how to wire up the heated seats from a 2002 explorer and came across this thread which is really old and didn't give me any answers and that bugs me so i figured it out myself yesterday and made a short how to video hope this helps the next guy...
  7. T

Brake bleeding problems

MAKE SURE THE CALIPERS ARE NOT UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! is the bleeder screw at the top? trust me it happens all the time. the left one fits on the right side upside down and the right fits on the left side upside down.
  8. T

Timing chain broke! Help!

changing an engine isn't too hard to do, check some of your areas college's or universitys to do the swap for you, alot of times they may be looking for training vehicles to teach students.... i don't know if i would trust highschool kids. they might try to put a honda motor in it.
  9. T

Speed Control Deactivation Switch Recall (09S09)

my truck wasn't insured for fires and ford is telling me it probabally wasn't the switch and it needs to be inspected by a pro and he wants $2500 to do it so i'm screwed. also i'm in canada so i don't have many of the resources usa does.
  10. T

Yes it wuz, for two months.
  11. T

Here is your proof that it will catch on fire. http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj293/turboeeyore/Fire/
  12. T

Starting Issue Starter Spins but engine does not

sounds like the bendix in the starter, remove the starter and have it tested.
  13. T

replacing frame bushings for leaf shackles

so i recently tried to replace the shackles in my explorer and had to destroy one frame bushing, thinking i could replace them easily, i went to the ford dealer, to my surprise the bushings are serviced in the frame only, so the picture on there computer shows, not wanting to fork out for a new...
  14. T

newbie from canada

hi i'm chris from ontario canada just bought a 1997 explorer xlt and figured i'd join this site for tips and tricks and even share some experiences i go through with this truck.
Back