Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Starting issues?? Very annoying

It was the modulator that controls the fuel pump under the spare tire. It wouldnt start in the yard, guy came over with one.......plugged it in and it fired up. This thread will help others, they sold 7 of them last week.
  2. K

Starting issues?? Very annoying

A few weeks ago my truck began to start hard. sometimes i would have to try the second time to get it going. Then I am at work and it was a no go. it would not start. i went home, did some research and found out that if i play around with the reset button that it might go again. well...
  3. K

Wheel Bearing life

Can you just buy one instead of the pair?
  4. K

Wheel Bearing life

I dont see a front wheel bearing on that site? I could only find the rear ones. They seem to have some pretty good deals on them on ebay. I could only imagine what Ford wants for one, lol.
  5. K

Wheel Bearing life

74000 miles is 122,000 kms. Good to know. I figure if i get one off ebay that i can change it out three times before it is the same price as one from the local automotive shop (not ford)
  6. K

06 Explorer 4.6L sputter and hesitates in OD

Fuel filter is underneath. i got my local shop to do it and he had it done quick. the part was only $17
  7. K

06 Explorer 4.6L sputter and hesitates in OD

I would check your fuel filter. that was the problem with mine at around 100 K. happened uphill under load.
  8. K

Wheel Bearing life

Hey everyone. I recently replaced my passanger side front wheel bearing at about 126,000 kms. Now at 130,000 kms I think my other one is starting to feel pain. What kind of life is everyone else getting out of them? Might get one off ebay....I am NOT paying close to $400.00 for one from the...
  9. K

Tire monitor fault

At first i was told there "might" be a monitor in the spare........turns out that there is "not" a monitor in the spare.
  10. K

Tire monitor fault

Went to tire shop, he installed a new sensor in the one that was bad. It was the snap in style that he replaced it with, not the bad style. when he was finished, he reprogrammed all the tires and voila, fixed. total cost....$83.00. the sensor was $65 plus tax.
  11. K

Tire monitor fault

All fixed. It was a sensor gone bad. He put the snap in style back in and then retrained the system just like indicated above. Start to finish, $85.00 (canadian)
  12. K

Tire monitor fault

All tires sitting at 35psi COLD including spare. My Spare was at 17 lbs. i figured it would settle it but it didnt. drove it 20kms and it is still doing it. i do have the full size spare so i was told it also had pressure monitoring. Back to the drawing board. Any suggestions?
  13. K

Tire monitor fault

Yes. When they are low, it will tell me which one is low. all it says is "TIRE MONITOR FAULT"
  14. K

Tire monitor fault

Got the big orange light stating "Tire Monitor Fault". How do I find out which one is malfuntioning? I might try to wait it out for a bit to see if it fixes itself. Any ideas except taking it to Ford so they can rape me for $300.00 plus?
  15. K

Has Anyone Line-X'd Their Runningboards?

I am going to try the Restore black as well. if that doesnt work, i will also be painting them.
  16. K

Black plastic pieces

I have been looking for something to put on my running boards. I did a bit of research on the bondo product and I am going to give it a shot. I am in Canada and nobody seems to sell it so I will have to get it on Ebay. Thanks for sharing.
  17. K

Very annoying creaks & squeeks!

Its funny, the guy i called at the shop today said it could be the ball joint in the drivers front. we will see tomorrow.
  18. K

No, its more suspension creaks and groans. its not mechanical.....when i get out of the car and push down on the front it creaks, groans and moans. and something in the rear too. does it need a chassy lube or something?
  19. K

Truck out of the blue started creaking in the front end drivers side. its super annoying. not i have also developed a squeek or creak in the mid to rear of it. its a 2007 with 118K on it. It sounds TERRIBLE and I am actually embarased on recent trip to the camp with the boys. it is all they...
  20. K

Don't forget to RESET your OIL LIFE!

My question is this. Does the "Change Oil" come on after 5000 kms or does it have some kind of "self tester" built in? I have reset mine when i was nowhere close to an oil change.......I usually change it every 7000 kms regarless if it tells me to or not. Your thoughts?
  21. K

Don't forget to RESET your OIL LIFE!

Wow, that is good to know. thanks for sharing.
  22. K

07 Sport Trac Exhaust Manifold Leak

Just had mine done by someone who moonlights! Thank GOD. It cost me $430. If it had of been at Ford it would have been double that! Running fine now.
  23. K

Tickey sound when i first start up

It was the exhaust manifold. two bolts snapped. needed new manifold, gaskets, and studs. not sure what the damage is yet but got a guy who moonlights to do it so it will be better than ford pricing.
  24. K

Transmission Issues

I would have your fuel filter checked out. I experienced similar problems and under load it wasnt working right.......changed out the fuel filter and it was fine after that.
Back