Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2000 AWD 5.0L low engine knock

Hi, A few weeks ago my 2000 Eddie Bauer developed a low engine knock. It doesn't start knocking (or I can't hear it at least) until the engine is good and warmed up and the knock is definitely in the bottom end of the engine. It sounds somewhat slow as compared to knocks I have heard in the...
  2. S

Slight engine knock in front right end?

Hi, I have a 2001 x Eddie Bauer 5.0 v8 that started knocking this afternoon and has me very concerned. It sounds as if it is coming from the front right end near the alternator and towards the bottom of the engine. No check engine light and the idler pulley feels pretty good to me. One strange...
  3. S

loud engine knock, need help

pps, haha it also runs fine and doesn't miss at all whatsoever, still get around 23 mpg on the highway
  4. S

loud engine knock, need help

Hi, slight divergence here , sorry, but I have a 2001 x Eddie Bauer 5.0 v8 that started knocking this afternoon and has me very concerned. It sounds as if it is coming from the front right end near the alternator and towards the bottom of the engine. No check engine light and the idler pulley...
Back