Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Vibration/slow WOT full throttle, jolt

No one has experienced anything like this or has any ideas?
  2. 4

Vibration/slow WOT full throttle, jolt

Sorry for cross posting, I didn't get anything on the 2006-2010 forum. 2008 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 4x4, 100k miles. So this is not new it's been an issue since I've owned the truck but it's not really bothered me because I don't push my 4.0 very hard. However, when I need to accelerate hard...
  3. 4

Poor credit leasing - buddy declined for ford but OK for jeep?

I agree that conservative is the best approach it's one of the main reasons I like Ford. It's unfair though to assume his issues are due to lousy decisions. There are plenty whom divorce and error landed them a crappier score. I deal with FICO reports every day, believe me I've seen it all.
  4. 4

Poor credit leasing - buddy declined for ford but OK for jeep?

Have a buddy with a 580 credit score, no bankruptcy, foreclosure, or judgements. He was accepted at jeep for a lease on Cherokee but declined by ford for a lease on an explorer. Does he have any options? Better to try another dealer or same restrictions? Why would Chrysler be ok and not...
  5. 4

06 explorer bigger tires

I have 31.6 on mine both my winter and summer. The 22s are on 285/40/22 I cannot remember the summer size but same diameter.
  6. 4

2006 4.0L extremely noisy when cold start

My 4.0 in my 2003 did this really bad but when it warmed up it was fine no ticks and knocks. 160k the kid that bought it reports its still doing very well. My 08 does it too but not quite as bad. 100k miles
  7. 4

Awd swap into explorer

Not to mention, the 4x4 in this gen explorer is basically an adaptive AWD anyway.
  8. 4

2016 Explorer Sport oversize tire?

I have 285/40/22 on my '16 for the warmer weather without rubbing. Wheels are 22x9.5 and +30 offset. You might go online and calculate the total diameter of your tires and mine. If you're are the same size or smaller they should fit
  9. 4

Hi all, just picked up a 2016 sport

I think these look equally great in white, gray, and black.
  10. 4

Ebony Black Interior

My '16 sport has black leather interior not sure if that counts or if the platinum are vastly different
  11. 4

How Much Longer????

I gave up on building my fords after we had a fusion built and after 3-4 months we didn't have it. We bought a titanium on the lot somewhere else instead. Ford delivered the car we ordered literally 6 or 8 months later (in total not in addition to the 3-4 we waited). Happy to spend a weekend...
  12. 4

Chrysler confirmed Hellcat engine will go into Grand Cherokee

X2 poor investment choice due to this being a fwd setup among other things
  13. 4

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

It's remarkable. It also reminds me of when people say things like "my mechanic friend says he sees more Ford Taurus and explorers than Chevy dodge or Japanese trucks" Well, let's look at the ratio of these fords on the road. Explorer outsold the competition 2-5 fold, the Taurus the same...
  14. 4

Japanese car sales do not benefit the US GDP. Big three auto sales do. Granted, foreign cars assembled here creates jobs and does somewhat impact US GDP but much of the profits funnel back to the country of incorporation. This whole domestic vs foreign argument people use to say domestic...
  15. 4

I've had 23 fords over the years, 3 or 4 at a time. Includes a ranger over 468k, f150s 270-370k, explorers up to 230, and several others. All have been great with the exception of an f250 with 90k but turns out all 90k were plowing miles for a city in Ohio. That wasn't the trucks fault that's...
  16. 4

I highly doubt things will be remotely as doom and gloom as some say on here. Sometimes we can be so dramatic
  17. 4

New lights! Videos and pics

Looks great! Thanks for sharing! :)
  18. 4

What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!!

How the heck do I change my wallpaper? That's awesome!
  19. 4

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Behind the third row they're light and small so easily removable if need be. I will have photos Friday ups hasn't shipped one of my amps yet :/ I'm not sure, someone who knows what they are doing can do almost anything!
  20. 4

Cannot continue

If you plan to tow trailers, the 3.5 ecoboost should have been your selection IMO
  21. 4

Tips for a Storm Chaser

No that's 31.6 total diameter. I've done it before assuming you're using the proper wheels (stock or correct 40-44 offset) you should be fine. Or if it runs it's very minimal and should have no marginal impact.
  22. 4

Has anyone seen this upgrade for non MFT 2011-2015 Explorers?

That's pretty neat actually I would be curious to see how difficult the installation is and how well it integrates with everything. They also have the model years wrong that will not work for a 2010
Back