Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Question concerning Tires and Noise on 2003 Mountaineer AWD V8

Add On Well folks you are into a problem that seems to have been there forever or about 10 years or more somewhere after 100 thousand miles or before those boots go south I have replaced about 4 and have 4 that need replacing. We keep a close vigil on them when they tear and get many more...
  2. W

Anyone have any clue what radio this is?

I don't dispute what you say but I am running a 2000 Ford Explorer radio system in my 95 Ford Explorer the power pin may have been changed I am running a radio in my F-450 that came from one of my Explorers between 98 and 2005. So I guess it goes with out saying stupid is as stupid dose!
  3. W

Rear Bearings Just a reminder don't forget the rear wheel bearings they are just as bad to go out as the front if not more so also changing them can be a new experence. My highest milage Exployer is a 95 XLT V6 with over 300 thousand miles and still going strong.
  4. W

Anyone have any clue what radio this is?

This will fit any 95 to 2001 ford Explorer with power wire change on some. It will not fit a Regular Ford Explorer XLT & up I am not sure how far into the Sport Trac 2000's it will fit.
  5. W

Ugh - spark plug issues - snapped clean off, ez out snapped

A left hand drill bit size 15/32 is the best thing to use it may back what is left of the old plug out if not you are ready to retap the whole with a 14 mm spark plug tap. Welding on the old easy out will destory most of it's temper in most cases if you hit the thing with a chisel a few licks...
  6. W

Loud clunking noise from rear end when turning and when shifting into reverse!!!!!

OK here we go antilock breaks and skid control are closely related as well the newer 4 wheel drive systems. I would say it is normal to hear the bump when macking turns the computer is trying to keep the rear tires rotating the same speed so you hear the break grabe one for a split second. I...
  7. W

03 needs HELP!!!!!

What happens if you pull up on the accelerator pedal does it effect the RPM? This vehicle has no mechanical to the controls under the hood it goes into the computer there was one of Fords providers that sent some defective ones out there has never been a recall because it is not a safety...
  8. W

Loud clunking noise from rear end when turning and when shifting into reverse!!!!!

Does this vehicle have skid control if so you don't have a problem. If it does let me know and I will explain what is going on also skid control is used in the place of limed slip.
  9. W

03 needs HELP!!!!!

Quick question when the engine is running say 2000 RPM and you quickly allow it to return to idle does the RPM go down to arround 550 RPM and then recover quickly to 800 - 900 RPM or does it come down to 900 RPM slowly which is normal let me know.
  10. W

Possible Problems Just to let you know my experience I own 5 Explorers all operating from 93 -2005. The first item you need to resolve is if any of the wheel bearings have been changed. Then have someone check the play on each tire in and out it should be almost nothing but minor these trucks...
  11. W

1995 XLT- Wont start, replaced fuel relay already

I have the same problem with no voltage going to the fuel pump there is no voltage at the safety switch either side. Futher checking showes the fuel pump relay is not on. Next problem the PCM module turns on the fuel pump relay if several engine items are in working condition one is the crank...
  12. W

1995 XLT- Wont start, replaced fuel relay already

I have the same problem with no voltage going to the fuel pump there is no voltage at the safety switch either side. Futher checking showes the fuel pump relay is not on. Next problem the PCM module turns on the fuel pump relay if several engine items are in working condition one is the crank...
Back