Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Overdrive Dash Light

I hope it does. The next project will be tackling the rear diff and all the associated issues that has come with it. I found re-manufactured on EBAY for 199. I'm going to get a huge break on labor so I will probably buy the part at his cost. I will also get the tranny fluid at cost so it will...
  2. R

Overdrive Dash Light

Got a friend of mine who is a Ford Mechanic to get the proper code. PO796 was what showed up with is the solenoid pack 1L2Z 7G391 AG. Now I need to find the part. His cost is 250.
  3. R

Overdrive Dash Light

I'm heading by AZ on the ay home and will just tell them my check engine light came on so I can get them to pull the codes. I don't have any rough shifting yet and am not interested in waiting for that to happen. I'm not hell bent on buying anything until I know I need too.:)
  4. R

Overdrive Dash Light

I stopped by Auto Zone to have them run a code check based upon the blinking O/D light this afternoon. They wouldn't check it because the engine warning light was not on. Do you have to drop the transmission or is it mounted on the side where you can just remove it with a wrench? Is it...
  5. R

Overdrive Dash Light

Where is the solenoid pack and how do you check for codes?
  6. R

Front Wheel Bearings, sticking calipers

My 2002 EXT has a vibration in the steering column that you feel when turning left or right at slow speeds. I have thought that the problem might be that the brake calipers were not releasing which would cause the the vibration in the column. There is no vibration at when driving normal...
  7. R

Overdrive Dash Light

The O/D dash light on my 2002 Explorer XLT decided to have a live of its own today. It's blinking a mile a minute. I was wondering if perhaps a fuse is on the fritz or if the light was perparing to burn out?
  8. R

2002 EXT Pulls Right

Here are the caster values they set; left front +4,2, right front is -4.6 leaving a split value of -0.4. I was told these are w/in factory allowances for the casters. I assume this is what you met by split casters. The camber setting for both wheels was -0.7. The left toe was -0.04 and the...
  9. R

2002 EXT Pulls Right

All ready moved the tires, no difference in the pull.
  10. R

2002 EXT Pulls Right

Just had a front end alignment/tire rotation completed on my 2020 EXT 4X4. Prior to the alignment the vehicle pulled a little to the right. Drove it for two days to check it out the vehicle and it still pulls right. Had the rshop recheck it this morning and all the settings for the alighnment...
  11. R

Front Brake Pads and Rotors

When I installed the pads I used the new pad brackets and greased the back of the pads like you are supposed too. The other brackets were toast and not worth reviving. I will continue to watch it over the next several weeks and look for wear. Thanks for all the help.
  12. R

Front Brake Pads and Rotors

Picked up a sweet 2002 XLT 4X4 last fall. Knew I would need to change out the front rotors and pads by this summer as the rotors looked damaged. When I changed them out Saturday, the outside pad on the left front was down to the metal. The inside left pad was barely worn. On the right side...
Back