Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

vacuum leak ???

found the leak to be on the temp knob on the hvac controls very small leak in cooling but when weather changed and needed heat the leak was very obvious ended up taking to dealer the fix was a new HVAC console thanks for all the replies
  2. G

vacuum leak ???

i located and pulled the "ball" from under the dash and found it to be empty with all connections apparently tight thanks for the tip on finding the check valve :thumbsup: i pulled it, too, blew air in one end and it flowed freely. when i blew in the other end i expected it to seal...
  3. G

vacuum leak ???

thanks for the replies!!!! i have not been able to find any obvious leaks so i was thinking that it was a vacuum capacity issue and targeted the vacuum reservior ball...but couldn't find it i was looking under the hood i'll look for and check the ball under the dash to see if it has water...
  4. G

vacuum leak ???

btt any help woould be much appreciate!
  5. G

4th gen vacuum issues

btt any help would be appreciated!
  6. G

4th gen vacuum issues

hey, everyone! i'm new here and hope i can find some help. i've been having a problem with my A/C changing from the dash vents to the defrost vents. it was originally only noticeable while towing up an incline on the highway but now it is beginning to occur even when i'm not towing...
  7. G

vacuum leak ???

mace.... hope it solves your problem
  8. G

vacuum leak ???

i do not get the hissing sound that i believe would indicte a straight vacuum leak...probably in the passenger compartment. my issue is that i appear to loose vacuum when engine operating conditions are such that it does not produce as much vacuum....ie under load up a long hill when towing...
  9. G

vacuum leak ???

i have read Turdle's VERY informative post about locating the vacuum canister on the gen 2 vehicles. i have not been able to locate it in my 2007 XLT. checked under the fenderwells and all around under the hood but can not locate it. i believe that i am havng a similar problem with the...
  10. G

GREETINGS to all members

hey, everybody! i am the proud owner of a recently purchased 2007 XLT. picked it up in May with 29,000 & change on the odometer. it is my first Ford truck & so far i really like it i have been lurking around this site for a month or so and have found it to be very helpful. i'm headed over...
Back