Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Transmission cooler line connection dilem

Ohh good idea. I'll just use the one from my 2014 F150. Upgraded that to the "Saudi style" trans cooler and still have the OEM.
  2. Y

Yes it does have the aux cooler. Looks like it runs through the radiator cooler then up through the aux cooler after that. My plan is to simply run the lines that would normally run to the radiator through this instead: Trans Cooler Then after that it would still run through the aux cooler as...
  3. Y

Aha!!! There IS a seal between the two. Wishful thinking, success! Thank you!!!! So now I know that yes, I need to drain and yes, I need to be careful of that black seal falling inside. I can clearly see how that could happen now by looking at that pic. At this point, looking more like...
  4. Y

Well we know per that video that it's not firmly fitted to the radiator, since he was able to push it and move it around. But yes, I need to know what's between that and the backside of the plastic radiator. I think I'll just drain the dang radiator and look for myself lol. Baxx270 I get...
  5. Y

Love you guys, but, I've seen everything on youtube, which is what started the questions :) BUT - this is good for others to see..becase as you see at 8:36, it IS free-floating (see guys, this is why it's dangerous to assume or give others advice based on what you own, if what you own is...
  6. Y

With all due respect, you guys are referencing 'your trucks' which are not 4th gen. I too have other vehicles with internal rad trans coolers (in fact, all my other vehicles do) - that do not have this potential problem, but that's not what I'm asking about. I'm looking for feedback from...
  7. Y

Yeah agreed 100%, but with so many comments about it, it has me worried. Kinda leaning to just bypassing (since I have the 6r60 with an internal thermal valve, the idea of the radiator cooler 'helping the transmission warm up' doesn't really apply since fluid isn't running through that system...
  8. Y

Radiator Variants: 2006 vs 2007-10

The 2007-2010 models also use slightly different transmission-line connectors than the 2006 model.
  9. Y

Yeah I'm referring explicitly to gen4 2006-2010 explorers (the ones mentioned in this thread). Which is the generation I've seen this problem referred to in quite a few videos, but I've yet to find someone with a video of the problem "in action" (but HAVE seen a few members claim they've...
  10. Y

ABS engaging in higher speed cornering

Is one of your two rear wheels a different brand/worn more than the other etc? I've had this happen before. When you're high-speed turning (lets say, getting on an onramp) - there's a high differential between wheel-speed between each tire. If one tire is a different brand/model/size OR far...
  11. Y

I know this is an OLD thread but my subject matter/question is 100% relevant, so to ease future users in 'search' for finding answers, I'm continuing this conversation. Regarding the comment above. I'm in the similar situation of needing to swap my radiator transmission-line connectors (2006...
  12. Y

Tire size that works with stock height and w/lift?

Thanks. Are you stock ride height? Concerned that that height will still show too much wheel gap after the lift. Do you think you could have squeeezed a 265-65 or 70 under there?
  13. Y

Ha - My wife isn’t your typical clueless motorist. She comes from a background of lifted trucks with mud terrains, does her own oil changes and has been asking for this change for a few years. Her birthday is next month so finally moving forward as a birthday present lol. She also is part of...
  14. Y

3" lift Reviews?

I've seen mixed reviews on these. Some are concerned that they're only spot welded.
  15. Y

Would a BTF lift off 3rd gen fit 4th gen?

Just so I'm clear, did he confirm that the spacers would or would-not work? I've been wondering this same thing as well, particularly because the part number for the Truxx spacers fits 2002-2010 explorers, which makes me wonder if 3rd gen BTF spacers fit 4th gen explorers!
  16. Y

Strut spacers

Check the reviews - I've heard many reports of these not being manufactured correctly; specifically, the holes aren't lining up and require some grinding. Was interested in these myself as they also offer higher lift options in addition to 2.5" and 1.5", but the amount of people sending them...
  17. Y

Hey guys and gals, Need your advice/opinion. In the market for some new tires (AT or MT's) and would love to go as large as possible, however, due to limited time I will not be able to install the Truxx lift for about 2 months. I'm in need of tires now however (wife's daily driver and it's...
  18. Y

IWE solenoid? (4wd actuator) part number

Nevermind... after additional research it looks like the explorer doesn't use auto locking front hubs like the f150 does, but instead uses the ControlTrak system (hubs always engaged.) Looks like my 4wd issue lies elsewhere..
  19. Y

Solved Another thread about exhaust manifolds replacement on 4.6 v8.

Fair warning. I also used a stainless kit.. 3 months later and one of them have already snapped and the classic leaky exhaust manifold sound (until vehicle warms up) is back. Though not as bad as before.
  20. Y

Vehicle surging with shudder/maybe torque converter clutch?

For what it's worth, mine did this same thing a few years ago. Replaced the fuel filter and wala, problem gone.
  21. Y

Welded Aluminum Y Replacement For Plastic Heater Hose Y

Wish I knew about this 4 months ago.. just had to replace that exact part but used a cheapo dorman plastic piece.. only thing I could find.
  22. Y

IWE solenoid? (4wd actuator) part number

Hey guys, I'll save you the long story, but my 4wd system has been acting up. I realized today that the front driveshaft is spinning even when 4wd is disengaged, which means the front hubs aren't releasing, which likely means the IWE/4wd solenoid that feeds vacuum to them is bad. Problem...
  23. Y

Misfire Nightmare

This. My 4.6L was missing (almost thought the transmission was going out or something) - replaced the fuel filter and wala - problem solved.
  24. Y

4g Peeling Paint

Mine is identical to "Trac Marks" posted pictures. Additionally, above the rear lift-gate, at the top above either hinge, it's peeling there as well. Never noticed until I was looking down on the car from a 2nd story building one day. I too have been thinking about sanding/painting. To the...
  25. Y

2006 4x4 rubbing noise in 4wd

Hello, I'm having an issue where, when 4wd is engaged and I'm turning, I get a loud rubbing noise from the front end. I can also feel it in the steering wheel. Now, before you tell me 'wheel hubs' or 'wheel bearings' - let me state this. It ONLY happens when 4wd is engaged (I'm in loose...
Back